BTD and city driving?

Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTD and city driving?

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I CHOOSE to work nights(so far) for the agencies because it SUITS me, I usually only work four per seven days and that brings home $150 to $200 per 8/10hour shift, $600/$800 for four HANDY nights work is OK is it not?!!!!
You know what, I enjoy every minute of it!!!

I don't need to work much more really as I've done well over the years with some tidy stock market/unit trusts investments I own.

It means I can watch my two boys GROW UP and generally when I'm sleeping they are at school and I'm able to take them both to their swimming on a Wed afternoon and soccer classes on Fri's and Sat mornings plus all the rest of being a responsible parent!

I have said many times before that I did seriously consider imigrating to Canada and so much so that a previous regular poster on the subject (MarcusTandy) and I talked AT LENGTH via emails/PM's/phonecalls about it all and even planned a "recce" trip at one stage!!!
I have NO REGRETS AT ALL about binning the idea particularly when I read about the utter SHAMBLES that seems to be going on in Alberta atm!

Just so happens I've been offered a full time start on that Hendersons job I mentioned and a nice fifty strong fleet they have of Premium 450DXi's/DAF CF/XF's/Merc Actros/Axors most with high roof cabs and auto boxes and for DAYWORK too.
Have got the wage sheet and its £26k/year salaried for 38hours/week but usually 45h/week extra@time and a click.
Approx $23/hour is bloody good but I don't know about the multi-drop and the majority is daywork.
Have a driving assessment with Montgomery Transport on Wed(two day/one night positions going) but I know their pay is dire from working there casual in 01/02/03/04.

I started this thread with the sole intention of having some "banter" again with Rob as I felt he was getting too much "serious" stick on here lately and I am nosey enough to see how everybody is doing, thats why I chip in the odd time.
I can usually get my point across without having to revert to personnel insults(Gremmie excluded of course)

I don't proclaim to be ANY sort of expert, I will leave that up to
KB33!!!
But thats all it ever is with you is talk talk talk, at least Marcus after bowing out drifted off the forums and left those with a steak in the matter to discuss and research, without filling every thread with BS on how well he is doing in his new job etc. You should use him as a roll model
Personally I see you as an out of work office clerk, that wished he had a family or at least had had a girl friend at some point in his life. That sits at home with his ggreasy matted down hair in front of an old tower computer fantasising a life and a family for himself.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

Heard the same "moaning Minnie" crap 25yrs ago!!

Your glass is always half empty isn't it and why are you still here then?!!!!!
i'm still here because i dont have the qualifications to get me out of ireland to where i would prefer and because i have a wife who has health problems which would prevent us now anyway. my glass isnt really half empty but i'm happy enough to be truthful and cut through the bullshit. what i would ask is..why are you still here ? you are not an expat nor ever likely to be so why bother talking bollocks on an expat forum ?
Old Sep 13th 2011, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karron
i'm still here because i dont have the qualifications to get me out of ireland to where i would prefer and because i have a wife who has health problems which would prevent us now anyway. my glass isnt really half empty but i'm happy enough to be truthful and cut through the bullshit. what i would ask is..why are you still here ? you are not an expat nor ever likely to be so why bother talking bollocks on an expat forum ?
^^Class. Well said that man! Got to respect you Karron.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Well that shut him up !

For now ..
Old Sep 13th 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

This is worse than any school playground in here
Old Sep 13th 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
This is worse than any school playground in here
And this coming from which Tele Tubby are you now on FB
Old Sep 13th 2011, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Sorry to ruin your REALLY busy day Gremmie but what I've posted in this thread is ALL true.

Hendersons HR on phone this morning and want me to start full time on MONDAY!!!!

They poor girl could not even tell me how the wages worked out or even what my shifts would be, told her to get the Transport Manager to ring and then we'll have a haggle!!!

Dilemma:

Poor downtrodden agency driver or Billy-big-rigger full time multi-dropper or wait and see if Montgomery's full time wages have improved on Sat after resheduled driving assessment?

Recession in NI,
yes possibly BUT we're a sight better off than Eire/Spain/Greece/Italy and even poor old US of A, were we can buy (according to the "Mail on Sunday" paper) a decent large four bedroomed detached house in a good part of Detroit for £32k!!!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gremmie
And this coming from which Tele Tubby are you now on FB
More crap from the ever judgemental gremmie
Old Sep 13th 2011, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
More crap from the ever judgemental gremmie
So you deny that for the past week or so you have not been on FB as Dave ( Tele tubby name ??? ) Caldwell Not crap truth coz i saw your page allong with your buddies.Mark TinkyWinky Lee & Terry Po Fennell
Old Sep 13th 2011, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry to ruin your REALLY busy day Gremmie but what I've posted in this thread is ALL true.

Hendersons HR on phone this morning and want me to start full time on MONDAY!!!!

They poor girl could not even tell me how the wages worked out or even what my shifts would be, told her to get the Transport Manager to ring and then we'll have a haggle!!!

Dilemma:

Poor downtrodden agency driver or Billy-big-rigger full time multi-dropper or wait and see if Montgomery's full time wages have improved on Sat after resheduled driving assessment?

Recession in NI,
yes possibly BUT we're a sight better off than Eire/Spain/Greece/Italy and even poor old US of A, were we can buy (according to the "Mail on Sunday" paper) a decent large four bedroomed detached house in a good part of Detroit for £32k!!!
So you still dont have a job !!!!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

So you deny that for the past week or so you have not been on FB as Dave ( Tele tubby name ??? ) Caldwell Not crap truth coz i saw your page allong with your buddies.Mark TinkyWinky Lee & Terry Po Fennell
Yes it's true but more of your judgmental crap and shit stirring, normal service resumed
Old Sep 13th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

And all because some dickhead thinks its brave and clever to slag off women then delete and block them on FB, very brave I must say
He can say what he likes about us, it just gets turned around to become funny to us and make him look like some very sad weirdo, and those that get so excited by it, like yourself gremmie so grow up and stop stalking lmfao
Old Sep 14th 2011, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

So you still dont have a job !!!!
Can't you read? (as well as not spell)

Getting paid my FULL basic wage but on "Retraining" from my current job, working or "retraining" for two agencies currently(Yesterday and today 830am to 530pm for Sainsburys, cannot get it any handier)

Offered to start full time for another logistics food distributor plus a driving assessment for Montgomery.

Looks like your maths is a disaster too Gremmie as I count FOUR jobs!!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Getting paid my FULL basic wage but on "Retraining" from my current job, working or "retraining" for two agencies currently(Yesterday and today 830am to 530pm for Sainsburys, cannot get it any handier)

Offered to start full time for another logistics food distributor plus a driving assessment for Montgomery.

What a complete tool !! Agency trolley dolly in bog hopper land posting on the ex-pat trucker forum,WTF
More than happy with my lot as are the majority here,although on vacation at present,can't wait to get back to long days and nights hauling my explosive loads along the ice covered highways in the frozen wilderness for 10c/mile,LOL.:rofl Can't even claim income support here
Much rather be coining it in back home on the supermarket runs Taking the piss,me??
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Driving part time for an agency is not a full time job, having been offered a job at Hendersons is not having a job, doing a driving assesment for Montgomery is not having a job. My math come's to 2 part time jobs and 2 " maybe's"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.