BTD and city driving?

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice
Default Re: BTD and city driving?

nothing marvelous , us as in the company i am working at.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karron
nothing marvelous , us as in the company i am working at.
Name of Us then
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

dont think you would know the company.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

dont think you would know the company.
no but super trucker BT might as he's in desperate need of a job, and a reality check
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Turkey Ehh ? Wow - Wish I was going to Turkey
Such a shame I have to holiday in places like Yellowstone - Osoyoos (Google it )- Vancouver Island - Okanagan and not to mention the yearly fishing trip on the Fraser River for giant Sturgeon plus spend long weekends in National parks ie Banff - Waterton - Kootenay -Lake Louise etc

And why do you think anyone is actually interested in your personal finances ? You must be pretty insecure to disclose such information to complete strangers on a public forum BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A SHIT !!
You seem to spend all your time trying to justify your reasons for staying in NI to us. When really its YOU you are trying to justify them to.

So move along agency driver .. Nothing more to see here
Lol ,yeah we've done the island,Yellowstone,Okanagan 6 weeks ago and again in two weeks time.Thought we might try Mexico in the New Year,reckon I'd better get some agency work if this carries on,or send wifey out to work
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
Turkey Ehh ? Wow - Wish I was going to Turkey
Such a shame I have to holiday in places like Yellowstone - Osoyoos (Google it )- Vancouver Island - Okanagan and not to mention the yearly fishing trip on the Fraser River for giant Sturgeon plus spend long weekends in National parks ie Banff - Waterton - Kootenay -Lake Louise etc
A 6yr old and a 3yr old would love it fishing for giant Sturgeon and looking at the scenery in a national park now wouldn't they!!!!

Would be on the plane tomorrow for return trips to California or Florida but the 3yr old is too young ATM.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

all i can say is that agency men coming into our place are like everyone else here in n.ireland, they are finding it tough and virtually everyone of them is looking a start with us so they can be in a fulltime job, and thats on an average wage. in places like the supermarket companies they are getting restricted hours and struggling to get a full week. we even have men in who have done the weeks out in the uk for dhl and are still looking a start with us. somehow it dosent seem to be all that its cracked up to be.
Well I can tell you since 1st June I have turned down enough work from three agencies here in NI to keep three people going FULL TIME.
IF you are a decent driver for an agency (OR who you are sent to drive for) believe me the work is out there.
Turned down a full weeks work for Jark@Tesco for next week to go with Grafton@Sainsburys instead.

I take home between £90/£120 for a 8/12hour shift and for bloody handy work and that will do for me in the meantime.

Have passed an interview for Henderson foodservice and going for a driving assessment next week and the job pays well with VERY good benefits BUT its multidrop(around 400 stores) from a fresh up to date Artic fleet and I might have to work too hard!!!!!
DFDS(Sainsburys contract) will be recruiting soon for more full time drivers and I quite fancy hopefully getting in there as its very good.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Only 07.40am dont start until 08.00am, and as I work from home I can come and go as I please
Working from home Eh?
Company not big enough to justify office space then?

Did I tell you I was looking forward to another "boring and pathetic" weekend on 22nd Oct when the mates and I go to watch the glorious Liverpool FC play?
It will be just terrible, a Sat night out "on the rip" in Matthew Street!!!!!

Away today to Dublin Zoo with the kids and Nephew,
bye bye for now.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Have passed an interview for Henderson foodservice and going for a driving assessment next week and the job pays well with VERY good benefits BUT its multidrop(around 400 stores) from a fresh up to date Artic fleet and I might have to work too hard!!!!!
DFDS(Sainsburys contract) will be recruiting soon for more full time drivers and I quite fancy hopefully getting in there as its very good.
I went for an interview with Henderson's 5-6 months ago. They didnt offer me the job (because of the double deck trailers) but he did offer me a shunting position, but I stupidly turned it down because it was all nights. I wish I had of taken it now
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Surely any agency drivers who work on the "shopping trolley" work earn better than £9hour nights?
If not they all need a kick up the arse!!!
That £9 an hour on nights was for Charlie Butts in Huddersfield running double deckers and unloading the whole lot yourself at various poundstretcher stores. It's what's called the 'going rate' in that area... take it or leave it (and that's the problem).

(waiting for Gremmie to say "if you'd kept your gob shut you would have PR by now")
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 7:39 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

hi bt , im still waiting for an answer to my last question to you or are you ig noring it because you dont have an answer
Old Sep 4th 2011, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arniedog
hi bt , im still waiting for an answer to my last question to you or are you ig noring it because you dont have an answer
OK mate,

(I didn't have time yesterday to answer you because I had to get on and have my "pathetic and boring life)

Those Poles you mention were in the minority I suspect because enough of them have stayed and there are even a couple of Polish stores I know of opened in East Belfast etc.
They only had to get a bus over anyway and I'm sure they did not sell up their house and spend £££££££ on flights to Canada only to find that SOME companies had lied to them after working there for a few months!!!
£200 for 6 days was probably triple what they could earn in Poland for the same type of work.

The PNP is a scheme set up by certain provinces to fill job vacanies from overseas that can't be filled by locals.
It is overseen by CIC (I think) and many hundreds if not thousands have came back to the UK/Europe from this scheme with their lives in tatters.

Yes no doubt some have only theirselves to blame but ALOT have returned after being left with no work/not getting home as promised/no layover pay etc etc.

There are many posts both here/BTA/Trucknet UK telling about peoples woes and are you saying its all lies?!!!!
I know it has been a talking point even amongst the ex-pat UK guys(who have made it a rewarding life) in Canada about how the "usual suspect" trucking companies are able to year after year go recruiting in Europe with armfuls of LMO's.

Does it not strike you that there is something seriously WRONG with this?!!!!!

I wonder what the total ratio of LMO/TWP/PNP v's PR is from CIC?!!!!!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Sep 4th 2011 at 7:48 am.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickfly
That £9 an hour on nights was for Charlie Butts in Huddersfield running double deckers and unloading the whole lot yourself at various poundstretcher stores. It's what's called the 'going rate' in that area... take it or leave it (and that's the problem).

(waiting for Gremmie to say "if you'd kept your gob shut you would have PR by now")
Mick,

Do you think this new "Agency Working Directive" will improve things in that area?

I do know it creating QUITE a stir among the agencies here in NI!!!
Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Mick,

Do you think this new "Agency Working Directive" will improve things in that area?

I do know it creating QUITE a stir among the agencies here in NI!!!
Hi BT,
I haven't really looked into the new rules, but at a glance it may mean more companies employing their own drivers again.
I have other plans for the time being.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arniedog

You also need to go over and read the "H+R drivers" thread on BTA for another answer!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.