Bison Transport

Old Jan 7th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bison Transport

Originally Posted by usca driver
to alandoug.

the mate i referred to drives for Kindersley. I have loads of mates on there and every one hates them with a passion. US trucks no older than 3 years HAHA. Their terminals are mud patches, equipment is scrap and they treat u like s..t once they've hooked ya. That goes for all the group and no one will tell me different.

Anyone reading should show extreme caution and please mark those words.

They even resorted to taking on Phillipinos because the Brits answered back too much, Canadians don't do that as much, problem was that when a bunch of Phillinos off Edge got to the border they weren't able to comprehend English and were unable to fill in their I94. That made me laugh, now they just do domestic and Siemens are sick of em because they are generally lazy and don't adapt well to cold temps.

Carriers choose different running option. Some lease and some buy.

Siemens buy their equipment, they have a monopoly in SK but remember the longevity of their trucks may be 10 years so sitting idle for a week is no big deal to them because they have no monthly repayments on the truck (They'll find a way of not paying you).

You want a carrier who leases decent equipment (It's going to be home!) Because generally speaking they need the truck to earn just as much as you do. You want as few breakdowns as possible, you want AS MANY MILES as legally possible. Some of Kindersley get 9000 miles....lol I want nearer 14000 and beyond. You also want a carrier who has diversity, believe me, keep running the same route and the novelty wears off. You want to be treated with just a little bit of respect, you won't get that with the carrier mentioned.

Gremmie hit the nail on the head.... You can't compare like 4 like, neither in wages nor culture. I like the fact I am able to breathe, I have space and don't have the fear of getting a kicking by a group of yobs. the UK has lost control, government has no regard for it's citizens well being, I don't miss the rain nor the grey skies. But thats just me, Canada aint perfect but for me (It's better) Everyone has their own perceptions of good and bad.

Anyone reading please remember "Talk is a cheap commodity" when you get to the interview they will bullsh.. you like theres no tomorrow. They don't care the fact you are making such a huge commitment. Seen it for myself, you come, you go, we'll get more.

My main reason for joining this forum was to do my utmost to ensure others don't suffer as myself and many others. I want the truth to get back to England so that the word spreads and perhaps eventually the companies in Canada begin to recognise the meaning of treating people fairly. (some do)

However, one thing I know is that if drivers were united then the industry itself would have no choice but to improve.

Hope this answers your question. I'll be leaving this site at the weekend so anything else i may be able to offer anyone please let me know.
Just a footnote dear readers,this is JUST 1 mans opinion,and yes loads of immigrant drivers have gone back,feeling they have been unjustly treated.And very many desirved the treatment they recieved
But even more have made a "go" of it here..

Bare in mind this poster has not given any specific details, ie. every thing has happend to loads of mates ????, he has never told us who HE drives for, and he wishes to leave BE in a "Blaze of Glory" leaving more un answerd questions..
So basicly all he has done is put the fear of God into any one reading his rant
Old Jan 7th 2009, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Just a footnote dear readers,this is JUST 1 mans opinion,and yes loads of immigrant drivers have gone back,feeling they have been unjustly treated.And very many desirved the treatment they recieved
But even more have made a "go" of it here..

Bare in mind this poster has not given any specific details, ie. every thing has happend to loads of mates ????, he has never told us who HE drives for, and he wishes to leave BE in a "Blaze of Glory" leaving more un answerd questions..
So basicly all he has done is put the fear of God into any one reading his rant

Nicely put Graham couldn't have put it better myself

I Remember I had to put up with reading posts like that just before I made the move out here .......I'm still here though and don't regret it for one moment.

The move is what YOU make of it
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kb33
Whereabouts ? I mean which Province

I dont know of any Truckers that have paid to get a job out here , I dont think its as common as you think.
BC is where I will land and work......

But disagree, I have talked to many UK drivers who have paid a lot to gain a job in Canada, there are examples within this website, but more fool them I say.

(If you go to these arranged UK meetings to gain a job, then you have to pay an agent - in my eyes thats paying for a job)

I have said many times in the past, any UK / Europe driver is best to pick an area in Canada, look at who is offering and assisting to move and jump on a flight for a week, hire a car and go meet the owners / managers face to face, they will be shocked just how much info and offers they will generate.

Sorry, getting way off topic, but had to speak my mind.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

usca driver is an unknown quantity at this point

No you are incorrect, I encourage people to come to Canada but I urge people to be honest about bad experiences because Recruiters need to be accountable for their promises and that does not always happened. I believe they read these forums and that's my reason for remaining anonymous. I have enough trouble getting miles as it easy and don't wish to rock the boat further. (Do you doubt that I'm trucking in North America) ?

I joined this forum not to go out in a blaze of glory and neither to have a rant.

I said I'd leave because I knew it would be a matter of time before such responses came. No amount of research can replace the experience itself.

For people excited at the prospect of coming to Canada. You should be !

Just don't be fooled by glossy mags and hotel interviews etc. truckstop news will hardly publish a negative letter, the Canadian advertisers would soon have something to say about that.

I'm not going down the road of having grudge matches, I don't have the time, I merely gave an honest opinion regarding Bison, Siemens, H&R because I spare a thought for the people who were led up the garden path and returned home.

I hope every single person that comes has decent experiences but pressure needs to be applied so that conditions can improve to pave the way for others. That was my only intent.

You are correct that it's what you make it but sometimes people are dealt a bad hand but you just soldier on and get landed.

All the best to everyone wanting to better their life.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

usca driver is an unknown quantity at this point

Gremmie and KB33,

I reiterate your thoughts entirely and apologies if 'I ranted' putting the fear of god into people wasn't my intention

My experience is not necessarily yours... thats fact, I had a lovely breakfast at A&W this morning in Okotoks, drove through Black diamond and now have the Rocky Mountains right down my side.

It's breath taking and I'm thankful for the opportunity, all you guys have the courage to make a better life and as gremmie, KB33 will testify you can have that in Canada.

All the best to all.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

No you are incorrect, I encourage people to come to Canada but I urge people to be honest about bad experiences because Recruiters need to be accountable for their promises and that does not always happened. I believe they read these forums and that's my reason for remaining anonymous. I have enough trouble getting miles as it easy and don't wish to rock the boat further. (Do you doubt that I'm trucking in North America) ?

I joined this forum not to go out in a blaze of glory and neither to have a rant.

I said I'd leave because I knew it would be a matter of time before such responses came. No amount of research can replace the experience itself.

Just don't be fooled by glossy mags and hotel interviews etc. truckstop news will hardly publish a negative letter, the Canadian advertisers would soon have something to say about that.

I'm not going down the road of having grudge matches, I don't have the time, I merely gave an honest opinion regarding Bison, Siemens, H&R because I spare a thought for the people who were led up the garden path and returned home.

I hope every single person that comes has decent experiences but pressure needs to be applied so that conditions can improve to pave the way for others. That was my only intent.

You are correct that it's what you make it but sometimes people are dealt a bad hand but you just soldier on and get landed.

All the best to everyone wanting to better their life.

All very meladramtic and slightly paranoid,,,but as you are leaving at the end of the week,you and your posts will be forgotten in no time..So what service have you provided ??? None,
So unless you wish to give "Proof" of all these devilish deeds, Flounce off the forum and let the rest of us try and do some constructive assistance and help
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie and KB33,

I reiterate your thoughts entirely and apologies if 'I ranted' putting the fear of god into people wasn't my intention

My experience is not necessarily yours... thats fact, I had a lovely breakfast at A&W this morning in Okotoks, drove through Black diamond and now have the Rocky Mountains right down my side.

It's breath taking and I'm thankful for the opportunity, all you guys have the courage to make a better life and as gremmie, KB33 will testify you can have that in Canada.

All the best to all.
See this is the kind of BS i,m talking about,,,ther,s no way you can get a good breakfast at A&W
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Well he must have past the end of my road, But I'm not sure were he parked up to have Breakfast in A&W.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gremmie
See this is the kind of BS i,m talking about,,,ther,s no way you can get a good breakfast at A&W
Just looked at the size of Niverville, (Blink and MISS it) one would assume that you have no A&W there either.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Just looked at the size of Niverville, (Blink and MISS it) one would assume that you have no A&W there either.
Take care BW,,Niverville has gone from a 1500 soul village to a 6000 soul town in 2 years,,still no A&W thank god,but a Subway and a really good Chinese
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Recruiters need to be accountable for their promises and that does not always happened.

How TRUE

I believe they read these forums and that's my reason for remaining anonymous. I have enough trouble getting miles as it easy and don't wish to rock the boat further. (Do you doubt that I'm trucking in North America) ?

Well you can come and go like us all, if you want to keep it hush hush fine with me

Well as they say, you cant control others Foot & Mouth

Not before time - I am against all the crap they go on with...

Not interested in Co's that charge - Remove them from Canadian Govt grant funding they get on-top of what they charge via their agents - I say

Just comment and read, watch the crap some talk and verbal others push, for its a free world so is this open forum.......I think....
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chinese
Now that I can relate too. so double
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Now that I can relate too. so double
Well as you are used to eating fried Roo bollocks with grilled posum butts and koala milk, i guess a Chinese would be a god send
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well as you are used to eating fried Roo bollocks with grilled posum butts and koala milk, i guess a Chinese would be a god send
Easy there Brother - or will have to POINT the BONE at you again to settle you down

Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:23 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

All very meladramtic and slightly paranoid,,,but as you are leaving at the end of the week,you and your posts will be forgotten in no time..So what service have you provided ??? None,
So unless you wish to give "Proof" of all these devilish deeds, Flounce off the forum and let the rest of us try and do some constructive assistance and help
I don't know.
The guy's explained what he meant, apologized and even complimented you at the end.
You're not an easy man to please, are you, you stroppy old trollop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.