Bison Transport

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bison Transport

is my spelling always as bad as gremmies
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scooby109
Dinger

I have a mate of a mate in saskatoon... will ask him about male peeler bars for your Oh and if you give me her addy will gladly send them on :rofl
Send her what?
A male peeler!
No She still has the hots for me and if I am good she doesnt heat up the loonie before she throws it at me
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Just remember practice makes perfect,,, well thats what me last girl kept telling me as she sat down!!!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

So your good at the dishes after all that practice
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by usca driver
on the move so will respond when stationary later

Class
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinger24
Yes they now do PNP
Which means your last comment might be true Davie?
Ive thought that forn the last year or so Davie You walked into that one pal
Nah I always new that anyway from my confidential reports.

"He sets low standards and fails to achieve them"

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
May i suggest you do some reserch into coming to Canada
,and most of your Q,s will be answerd
The BEST piece of advice you've given. I'm gonna do just that. Scooby & I will be heading out towards the end of this month.

Appreciate you & KB putting me straight. But you're right, only place to find out is Canada.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alandoug
The BEST piece of advice you've given. I'm gonna do just that. Scooby & I will be heading out towards the end of this month.

Appreciate you & KB putting me straight. But you're right, only place to find out is Canada.
Good luck guys.

Remember to take laptops to keep us up to speed and post any questions you might have while there....not that I'll be able to help..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I agree with Davie he wont be able to help but am a nosey get as well so keep us posted
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

usca driver is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick intro, been in Canada for 2 years, running US for a company I dislike immensely. Joined this forum because I want newbies to be as educated as possible so that these recruiters might one day deliver what they promise....
I never bullsh.. just tell you my opinion and experience and you decide the rest

I am always passing Lethbridge and Toon town so be pleased to meet with anyone if i am able. I suspect you are lining up for H&R, Siemens and Yanke.

With regard to training, you will pay for it but legally employers are obliged to absorb those costs (Mine will get a bill together with my resignation letter once I get landed)

Equally if anyone decides to return to the UK after quitting they must pay return flight.

Sorry if my posts go on a little but I only have access to internet on seldom occasions after driving 11 / 13 hours. My apologies.

Don't just focus on cents per mile, you want guaranteed miles and quick turnarounds(Pin to pin), breakdown pay policy, layover policy, hotel paid without quibble when you breakdown (Plenty of that), trailer quality ie maintenance. Remember you'll be the one getting a fine at the scale for not doing a pretrip correctly just because carriers want to cut back on maintenance and put the burden on the driver.

Yanke may only offer .35 cts but they guarantee 400 miles a day even if you don't turn the wheel. Just an example not a recommendation I speak with Yanke,H&R,Bison,Siemens,Challenger drivers regularly.
Even walkers crisps are taking on (via Fritolay part of Pepsico group)
Met a guy who does 3 nights out, does 2/3rds of my miles and still took home more than I do.

Good luck all, don't believe a word they tell ya and if they show up at the airport with a bunch of flowers and a hire car and take you to find a place be very suspicious, it's like the chancellor, he'll take 2 pence off here and slap 10 pence elsewhere. lol
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Quick intro, been in Canada for 2 years, running US for a company I dislike immensely. Joined this forum because I want newbies to be as educated as possible so that these recruiters might one day deliver what they promise....
I never bullsh.. just tell you my opinion and experience and you decide the rest

I am always passing Lethbridge and Toon town so be pleased to meet with anyone if i am able. I suspect you are lining up for H&R, Siemens and Yanke.

With regard to training, you will pay for it but legally employers are obliged to absorb those costs (Mine will get a bill together with my resignation letter once I get landed)

Equally if anyone decides to return to the UK after quitting they must pay return flight.

Sorry if my posts go on a little but I only have access to internet on seldom occasions after driving 11 / 13 hours. My apologies.

Don't just focus on cents per mile, you want guaranteed miles and quick turnarounds(Pin to pin), breakdown pay policy, layover policy, hotel paid without quibble when you breakdown (Plenty of that), trailer quality ie maintenance. Remember you'll be the one getting a fine at the scale for not doing a pretrip correctly just because carriers want to cut back on maintenance and put the burden on the driver.

Yanke may only offer .35 cts but they guarantee 400 miles a day even if you don't turn the wheel. Just an example not a recommendation I speak with Yanke,H&R,Bison,Siemens,Challenger drivers regularly.
Met a guy who does 3 nights out, does 2/3rds of my miles and still took home more than I do.

Good luck all, don't believe a word they tell ya and if they show up at the airport with a bunch of flowers and a hire car and take you to find a place be very suspicious, it's like the chancellor, he'll take 2 pence off here and slap 10 pence elsewhere. lol
hahaha now man thats the way, call a spade a spade - if others dont like the TRUTH - Lump it...buddie.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

well blow me down

Yanke!!! well well well now theres an important phone call to make.....

USCA I owe you a beer or several just for that morsel

scooby

Last edited by scooby109; Jan 5th 2009 at 10:52 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

vicky and steve are true friends and will steer me on the right path for a nominal fee of 300 bucks

rather spend that getting Pi**ed in a bar and then getting the real angle.... who is sakatoon or lethridge after the 22nd jan and fancies eduscating a couple of newbies

beers on me and a mate!!! but its quid pro quo boys you will have to cough not spit just cough
I heard it was -50 in Saskatoon at the moment

Have a nice trip now
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

well blow me down

Yanke!!! well well well now theres an important phone call to make.....

USCA I owe you a beer or several just for that morsel

scooby
Just to add to this post,,its mostly the big half dozen Co,s that prommise lots and deliver little ive said that before but none listen,guess trhats why i never get a beer
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Just to add to this post,,its mostly the big half dozen Co,s that prommise lots and deliver little ive said that before but none listen,guess trhats why i never get a beer

Well from over here all companies look like big ones and its easy to talk on the phone and promise the earth..

Unless someone actually says joe bloggs etc is dammed good and def worth a telephone call,,, what else do we have to go on.

You need to be more pointed lol that gets the beers in a big way esp if job comes out of it...

ps you sure the big L never bought you several beers????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.