Bison Transport

Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: Bison Transport

Ah yes, now you've posted that link, ive read that before !

Being honest, i dont see the big problem in using an agency like that. As all the donkey work is taken away from you, which is always nice.

But thats my opinion.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CurtNIR

Being honest, i dont see the big problem in using an agency like that. As all the donkey work is taken away from you, which is always nice.

But thats my opinion.
What donkey work ??? you still have to provide all the info,,the agent just checks it for you but if you have money to flaunt arround good for you
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Well, id use them
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, id use them
A fool and his money are soon parted
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

But thats my opinion.
How can you work for any company who say (If you want to work for us - you must use this Lawyer and Immigration agent)?

Bet you (Like the advert on UK TV) that you also pay for the companies bubbly at the xmas party.

Down with the crooks who charge massive funds just so you are able to move and work.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
A fool and his money are soon parted
Dont be so narrow minded, for once mate.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
How can you work for any company who say (If you want to work for us - you must use this Lawyer and Immigration agent)?

Bet you (Like the advert on UK TV) that you also pay for the companies bubbly at the xmas party.

Down with the crooks who charge massive funds just so you are able to move and work.

You all must remember that everyones different. Everyone has different needs and they have different circumstances. I havent said ''Im about to apply for a job with Bison'' so calm down.

Also, I will take that bet too BW... as I dont attend xmas parties. See, theres some money saved to go towards my agency fee....
See how it works?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:26 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by koogar
I don't know.
The guy's explained what he meant, apologized and even complimented you at the end.
You're not an easy man to please, are you, you stroppy old trollop.
Ditto.

I've got to be honest, as a work of fiction, usca's story was quite entertaining!

Don't worry though Graham, still not a patch on your Diary of a Snow Shoveller!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I thought he provided some useful information esp on Bison. But it reiterates that you must do lots of research before you pick on a company/ area to live and work in . There are plenty of places in Canada I wouldn't want to live and even more companies I wouldn't want to work for.

As for paying an agent that's really up to the individual. If he is happy doing that and thinks it will take some of the leg work out of it and also one less thing to think about. After all its his money let him spend it how he wants, Its a personal decision ....
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

usca driver is an unknown quantity at this point

Asked to be removed but can't get thrown off this website !

Tipped with a Bison driver in newberg,OR. Not laying off but slack on work.
Glencoe (West) are unionised better rates but any newbie goes on Bison rates
of pay via agency of course.

Got my rant off my chest so feel better now.

Not all doom and gloom, ran Oregon through the Columbia Gorge on the 14
and thought. Life could be a lot worse !! then I broke down in 'the Dalles'

I don't regret coming to Canada for a single second and as gremmie and KB will testify, better opportunities exist. (In my opinion)

You are always going to have a few knocks, dust yourself off do your time and get landed !

let's be honest, we're in the trucking industry, they try to shaft you no matter which part of the planet you are on !!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I knew you coudnt resist us
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Here ya go

http://www.truckstopnews.co.uk/upload/pages/1215.pdf
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kb33
Interesting this. I just picked up a copy of truckstop news, & as well as the Bison advert, the ENTIRE back page is dedicated to Bigfreight wanting drivers & mechanics. They say they'll be having a UK seminar.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:44 am
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by alandoug
Interesting this. I just picked up a copy of truckstop news, & as well as the Bison advert, the ENTIRE back page is dedicated to Bigfreight wanting drivers & mechanics. They say they'll be having a UK seminar.
Is that January's issue? There is up to Dec 08 available to view online but the advert isn't there.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marcustandy
Is that January's issue? There is up to Dec 08 available to view online but the advert isn't there.
It says to go on their website if you want to express an interest.

http://www.bigfreight.com/drivers_home.htm

I mailed em about a month ago. before the advert & got no reply. Maybe a phone call would be better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.