Bison Transport

Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:54 am
Account Closed

usca driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bison Transport

Gremlin,

Noticed you had a few little jabs pal.

I said I'd be on here a week because I knew the jibes would begin.
Check the threads and you'll see I didn't instigate it. (You on Big Freights referall program or something pal ?)

These forums are a joke because they are orchestrated by senior "members" who like to think they were the initial (pioneers of Canada Trucking) claiming to know it all.

Of all the beautiful places in Canada you chose Niverville. (P..s bottle capital of Manitoba) all the americans toss em out there on their way to the I29.
I hope all these newbies reach the same dizzy heights as yourself.
$3500 bucks for a shack and 8 acres of land and snowmobile that's worth mor
e. WOW.

Everyone, I lied, I don't really truck in North America and when u arrive for your induction at the airport they actually pick u up in a limo, pay for your hotel, tuck you up in bed with a cup of horlicks and read you a good night story called "the truckers air brake manual"

Genuine people are about to make a huge commitment and want honest answers and guidance. Spare a thought for the many that were lied to and
couldn't make it work. That's what needs to be prevented.

As for your side kick, you could land a jumbo jet next to the A&W at Okotoks Petro pass on Highway 2.

To all others, plenty of opportunity and would highly recommend you give it a go but don't believe the fairy tale cr.. this pair feed ya !

Shows all yours chaps !!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

[QUOTE][As for your side kick, you could land a jumbo jet next to the A&W at Okotoks Petro pass on Highway 2./QUOTE]

You said you had breakfast at A&W Okotoks, You actually had breakfast at Aldersyde truck stop. Theres no way you could have parked outside the A&W in Okotoks , And I aint his side kick . Take a chill pill

Last edited by kb33; Jan 8th 2009 at 9:23 am.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Easy there Brother - or will have to POINT the BONE at you again to settle you down

http://www.theriverretreat.com.au/im...Performers.JPG
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usca driver
Gremlin,

Noticed you had a few little jabs pal.

I said I'd be on here a week because I knew the jibes would begin.
Check the threads and you'll see I didn't instigate it. (You on Big Freights referall program or something pal ?)Whats the point of joining a forum only to shout and scream everything is bad,that every one lies, without giving proof,and then bugger off so every one shakes there heads in dissmay. Yes many have been screwed over by firms,and visa virsa i might add.
I have nothing to do with BFS,is my avatar truck green

These forums are a joke because they are orchestrated by senior "members"i read everything Koogs wrote who like to think they were the initial (pioneers of Canada Trucking) claiming to know it all.I first came over and drove truck here 30 years ago

Of all the beautiful places in Canada you chose Niverville. (P..s bottle capital of Manitoba) all the americans toss em out there on their way to the I29.
I hope all these newbies reach the same dizzy heights as yourself.
$3500 bucks for a shack and 8 acres of land and snowmobile that's worth mor
e. WOW.300k with 1700sq ft and a 2 acre garden

Everyone, I lied, I don't really truck in North America and when u arrive for your induction at the airport they actually pick u up in a limo, pay for your hotel, tuck you up in bed with a cup of horlicks and read you a good night story called "the truckers air brake manual"Wow, i had to rent a car and find a motel for the night,where i read the Gilligans Bible the next day i changed my licences ,got all my paper work done by my self and moved into the Appartment i had found online,popped into the company office to say 'Hey' and went home completely shatterd and jet lagged

Genuine people are about to make a huge commitment and want honest answers and guidance. Spare a thought for the many that were lied to and
couldn't make it work. That's what needs to be prevented."Want honest answers and guidance" you say,,then give it BUCKO,, not just a belligerant rant of doom and gloom..learn the differance between Ranting and Constructive Critisism, after your post yesterday even i was ready to pack up and go back to Switzerland

As for your side kick, you could land a jumbo jet next to the A&W at Okotoks Petro pass on Highway 2. he wears fluffy slippersand has helped more people immigrate than you could ever put off

To all others, plenty of opportunity and would highly recommend you give it a go but don't believe the fairy tale cr.. this pair feed ya !Not fairy tale, just realistic crap

Shows all yours chaps !!
You have alot of info that you could give to this forum,which would help others,,so give it in a way that tells the whole truth..Not just hearsay from other drivers that claim they are being put upon by dispatch,,or drivers that sink their lifes savings in a brand new Dodge Ram,48inch plasma,$300k home,snow mobile,2nd car for the missus,campa etc. only to find they couldnt reall afford it all Most,not all, but most of the bad luck stories are self induced
So 'Pal' stay on the forum,and help others
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

usca driver is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I’d depart your website on a lighthearted story.

A pot of gold at the end of my rainbow, by Gremlin (senior ‘member’)

Once upon a time in a land far away, a small island surrounded by water a lone traveler would ply his trade covering all corners of a country known as little ole England.

Gremlin, a hard working traveler would mount his carriage (A Volvo FH12) in pursuit of delivering much needed produce to a nation with great needs and expectations.

Like all travelers of the highways (Often referred to as truckers) much time was spent contemplating what the future held. A lonely road allows for so much wondering of the mind and what will become of my future Gremlin asked himself one day……..

Suddenly like a bolt of lightening a strange image appeared in front of him. An unusual arc with different colors spanned the horizon.

Immediately Gremlin felt this was a sign from above so pulled in to the local MOTO service area. ‘Excuse me sir’ he asked a fellow trucker on the back row... ‘whats that?’
The gentleman slightly confused at such a ridiculous question replied…… ‘it’s a rainbow!!’

‘What’s a rainbow Gremlin asked??’ The trucker responded with a wry smile having endured a boring day on the road “It’s a pathway to a lucrative life beyond your wildest dreams” Legend has it that if you find the end of the rainbow a pot of gold awaits!
‘But where’s the end of the rainbow Gremlin asks?’ The stranger responds. ‘According to folklore the arc spans the Atlantic ocean to a vast land far away often referred to as Canada’

Wow, on that note Gremlin was decidedly on a mission. At his very first opportunity he researched the internet throughout all provinces and finally he would set off on his adventure. Once making contact with potential employers Gremlin continually asked. ‘Does the end of a rainbow exist in your vast land’? The response from his potential employers remained consistent. ‘Of course it does’

Satchel packed with Grem1 number plate and flags to boot he made his way to the departure lounge destined for a promised land far, far away.

Upon arrival he was greeted by 3 wise men bearing gifts including full accommodation, a Chevy trailblazer and a snowmobile.

The next day after being pampered by his recruiters Gremlin took on the task of making soup with a fuller road ranger gearbox and he certainly did some crunching that day!

After a hectic week he was qualified for his CDL and in a position to go in search of his pot of gold!!!

From travelling the plains of Kansas, to the shores of Lake Superior to the mountains across British Columbia. Where is the pathway that I so long for??

One day after giving up hope and trying to remain awake across the prairies Gremlin notices the very same image. It’s the pathway to my pot of gold and I will follow it to the very end in search of my destiny.

Travelling vast amounts of miles through Saskatchewan and furthermore Manitoba he began to loose hope until suddenly a reflection from the sunlight almost blinded him.
Pots of gold glistening in the sun.

It’s my pot of gold reflecting before me and I’m almost in reach. Upon the approach the sign read ‘welcome to Niverville’ The pots of gold were scattered along both sides of the highway and his excitement could not be contained.

As Gremlin worked his way down the fuller box with apparent ease he brings his KW to a halt eager to claim his new riches...

But what’s this he asked himself upon closer inspection, Evian bottles filled with Gold liquid, he truly was puzzled. A local passerby took considerable time explaining that indeed it was all a myth and these were merely items discarded by truckers passing by.

In total exhaustion Gremlin decided to call this home and now proudly boast about his new dwelling.

He continually sends the message home to other eager travelers with more realistic ambitions that the path is still paved and a pot of gold waiting to be claimed.

But others suggest that the path is somewhat twisty. Worth travelling because it can be maneuvered and better things do lie ahead but you need to walk it with caution.

The end

Other books in this series include: Gremlin and the Midas touch & Gremlin and the beanstalk as well as Gremlins adventures in Winnipeg.

Ps. I realize the story started to get far fetched at the paragraph where I said he worked his way down the fuller box with apparent ease. The truth is he crunched F… out of the gearbox mixing soup as he always does…..

There your last email Gremlin !! Bet you’ll remember me !!
And by the way you’ve got landed status shouldn’t you guys be spending your time more constructively enjoying canada than on a forum all your life. I’d never continue on here because I couldn’t keep reading such cr.p.

I hope some of these guys on here find their pot of gold, much like Bigwheeler
having a crack at B.C now there's scenery for you !!

there's your last one !
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=kb33;7140531]
And I aint his side kick . Take a chill pill
I wouldn't knock back a sidekick if you look like this

Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Well for someone who's on the road all day he seems to find plenty of Internet access
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kb33
Well for someone who's on the road all day he seems to find plenty of Internet access
Oh, thats right Canada has little network coverage, (Like Australia - Wide Open Spaces) one thing good about the UK (Guess after todays 2am start and 3pm finish) only good thing I can comment on.

Free mobile USB modem stick

Up to 3.6Mb - only £10.00

3-Mobile Boardband.

Laptop in Truck from 2am every day, and 12 ASDA's I drop at every second day, and those stores workers in ASDA's are slow to tip ya so lot's of time to surf, without getting wet

Last edited by bigwheels241; Jan 8th 2009 at 4:32 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usca driver

I hope some of these guys on here find their pot of gold, much like Bigwheeler
having a crack at B.C now there's scenery for you !!

there's your last one !
Bigwheeler, thats the way the Yanks used to call me over the CB back in the 80's when skip was running on the west coast.

Its BIGWHEELS my man
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

So, on the subject of 'Bison' ....

Anyone know how much they pay per mile, any benift's etc.
I cant seem to really see a whole lot on their website, is there anywhere with details of hiring foreign drivers?

I mean, how did people initially find out that they use an agency for hiring?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Ok, forget what i said - obviously i cant read

there is figures posted on the first page...doh!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

hi

They recruit at emigration events over here,and the agency is the only way in... latest estimate for a brit is anything upto £7000
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Ok, forget what i said - obviously i cant read

there is figures posted on the first page...doh!

Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes yes, i keep hearing about this 7000 figure. Now it has gone from Canadian dollars to british pounds?

So who do you acctually pay that to, Bison themselves? What is it used for? i mean, why am i paying that to get a job? its not putting me off, im just wondering...

details, details ... no good grumpin about the actual figure unless you know more about it!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

RIGHT YOU LOT!!!!

While on course at the moment studying TCP/IP, Fibre Cable Installations & subnet masking of IP network addresses in binary and hexadecimal format as well as studying for CISCO CCNA exams I still have the time to find out the info for you lot....

Bison use an agency called First Canadian Immigration services.

Fill in this questionaire:

http://first-cis.com/newform.php

The guy I spoke to was called Mr Fred Hilf, very nice guy have spoken to him a couple of times in the past..but then he would be if he's taking so much dosh from you.

I can't remember what the cost was in £ or $ and as I'm away at the moment won't be able to clarify the info till the week end....if you all can wait that long...

This - http://first-cis.com/TDCompare.htm

gives you nice warm fluffy explanation of your new life in Canada.

Have a hoke around his site and make contact if your serious and chat to him instead of dancing round the issues of money costs etc get it straight from him ask him upfront.

Like I said he's a really nice guy and only too willing to speak to you and even call you from Canada.

HTH

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jan 8th 2009 at 10:00 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.