Bison Transport

Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bison Transport

Originally Posted by kb33
I know and your a right sarky git

Thanks for the Karma lads
Bum i cant take the spent karma back
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

[quote=scooby109;7129425]dave mac

are you serious?
Yes

sorry have heard some horror syories about having to pay all costs ones self?
So have a lot of people therefore research is paramount

so whos the generous employer??
There are many.

I had an offer from one in Manitoba which was even better, small things but would make a big difference:

Given $1000 sign on bonus to help you settle in (not to be repaid)
Free use of a company car till you were sorted
HR person would take you all over to get your bank accounts, SIN, Licence etc etc sorted
Paid training wage
No driver training costs to repay
and when enough new drivers were available at the same time they would hold a newcomers BBQ with as many of the company family members as possible.
0.48c per mile start pay

Research is essential don't approach the move with blinkers on I say and other doors and options will appear...especially if your willing to go banging on those doors.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scooby109
karma sent sweetie
I know on an LMO they should pay for all expenses incurred. I am over on the 21st of this month and have interviews lined up, but they wont say on the phone what they do/dont pay for or if they are now using agencies etc etc
so if someone knows something I will ASK the question,,
I think you will get answers to those questions at the interview but personally I would want to know now before the interview if and agency was being used!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DAVIE_MAC;7129523]
dave mac

Yes

There are many.

I had an offer from one in Manitoba which was even better, small things but would make a big difference:

HR person would take you all over to get your bank accounts, SIN, Licence etc etc sorted
Paid training wage
and when enough new drivers were available at the same time they would hold a newcomers BBQ with as many of the company family members as possible.
0.48c per mile start pay

Research is essential don't approach the move with blinkers on I say and other doors and options will appear...especially if your willing to go banging on those doors.
The 48c per mile is the only dodgy thing,,,,i think it contains lots of bonuses that arnt allways achievable,the rest is in order
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

[QUOTE=DAVIE_MAC;7129523]
dave mac

Yes

There are many.

Paid training wage
0.48c per mile start pay

Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Yep 48 cents a mile seems a bit high?
I am not doubting you Davie it seems that this must include some sort of bonus or after so many years etc if not PM me the details
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

usca driver is an unknown quantity at this point

Well here goes

Does anyone know anyone who does/has worked for them.

Latest issuse of truckstop magazine has a large advert for them, albeit throu and agency.

Not interested in the agency part of it, just company info. and yes i have looked at the their website.
scooby,

Just joined this forum this morning and noticed your post on Bison.
Many of the responses I could not disagree with.

Indeed unless you have landed status you must go through the agency.
Figure of 7 grand is about correct.

I can understand through principle why people would not pursue that avenue. Putting that aside I know a few ex colleagues that switched over to Bison and pick up regularly $900 weekly. (satellite miles, no tripsheet submittance)

I dropped by their new terminal in Calgary 6 months ago, great facilities gym, sports screens, coffee shop. Well maintained equipment etc.

You may say well who cares for a mere $900 a week and I agree but thats the nature of North American trucking. If it's $$$$ you are after then stay in England.

As for Bison they are probably the best large carrier (everything by the book though) as for sitting around a lot I disagree with that response.

Bison do more pin to pin than any other carrier and thats the name of the game. Tipping or loading your own trailer can take you a day and thats downtime.

.37 per mile on Bison is better than .40 on other carriers. Just remember that
.60 cents per mile looks great but if the carrier doesn't give you miles then what good is that ?

Bison did stumble recently, they brought out Glencoe by all accounts in order to get a hold of the Walmart contract. However given the economic downturn Walmart are now doing much of their own tspt leaving surplus trucks for Bison.

Must dash, Xing at North Portal need to be Saskatoon later having left Fargo.

To conclude: Bison are one of the better carriers and above all else treat drivers with a little more respect than some of the others.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dinger24
Yep 48 cents a mile seems a bit high?
I am not doubting you Davie it seems that this must include some sort of bonus or after so many years etc if not PM me the details
These guys offer 47c a mile,,but with conditions ???http://www.wildwoodtransport.com/
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

[quote=Gremmie;7129555]
Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC

The 48c per mile is the only dodgy thing,,,,i think it contains lots of bonuses that arnt allways achievable,the rest is in order
Cant confirm that as I'm away at the moment on course and the emails from companies are on the home PC. Will dig info out if anyone is interested when I return.

If I remember rightly though I think it was before bonuses but not 100% sure.

I have seen some companies paying 0.50c However alot are in Ontario which at the moment is no good to us until they start issuing LMO & adding to PNP.

Many moons ago & prior to me knowing jack sh1t about emmigrating via driving I contacted this outfit:

http://www.northwesttanklines.com/careers.html

I never recieved a reply after a few emails however BC at the time were not allowing drivers onto the BC PNP.

Might be worth a shot as I thought they looked OK.

Anyone..?????????
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

[quote=kb33;7129564]
Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

this thread is hotting up

dave info gratefully rec

To usca driver

About Bison, that confirms a lot of what I have heard, yep the grapevine travels to Blighty.

Dont worry about my expectations of earning, I have none! lol

All I woud like to do is work for an empolyer who has a fair reputation

As to Gremmie, KB22 etc

I am sorry, you say ask the question!!!

Thought the line" so who's the generous employer" covered that one!!

Ok well off to kindersley, H&R, Seimens and funnily enough Westcan. All in one week.

Its like this guys, and I have said this before

Single
no kids
no OH
Actually no thing to blot out the big skies in my rose tinged bins

I have enough money to survive for 6 months in canada if I have to pay for my own training, but IF, and thats a big if I can find someone other h&R to pay from day one. even if they take the money back in installments that better than killing my nest egg.

So the question still stands " who is it that pay for training etc etc"

I dont expect the world, but if a company out there is willing to pay the bills and I am willing to do the miles, I would be a mug not to ask who the hell they are!!!

your ever failthfully

ps Gremmie did you find out what the drunk got? fine/jail time???
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

bugger the only tanker I have steered Is a milk tanker and for soem reason I think they might want a tad more than that

scooby

I know my limitations!!!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

dave info gratefully rec

To usca driver

About Bison, that confirms a lot of what I have heard, yep the grapevine travels to Blighty.

As to Gremmie, KB22 etc

Ok well off to kindersley, H&R, Seimens and funnily enough Westcan. All in one week.

Single
no kids
no OH

I have enough money to survive for 6 months in canada if I have to pay for my own training, but IF, and thats a big if I can find someone other h&R to pay from day one. even if they take the money back in installments that better than killing my nest egg.

I dont expect the world, but if a company out there is willing to pay the bills and I am willing to do the miles, I would be a mug not to ask who the hell they are!!!

your ever failthfully

Good post by usca driver and confirms what I already knew about Bison

I already posted the link to the company that pays for training (not the class one test ) and your already having interviews with them so stop panic inking
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=DAVIE_MAC;7129605]
Originally Posted by Gremmie

Cant confirm that as I'm away at the moment on course and the emails from companies are on the home PC. Will dig info out if anyone is interested when I return.

If I remember rightly though I think it was before bonuses but not 100% sure.

I have seen some companies paying 0.50c However alot are in Ontario which at the moment is no good to us until they start issuing LMO & adding to PNP.

Many moons ago & prior to me knowing jack sh1t about emmigrating via driving I contacted this outfit:

I never recieved a reply after a few emails however BC at the time were not allowing drivers onto the BC PNP.

Might be worth a shot as I thought they looked OK.

Anyone..?????????
They have a depot in Calgary and are always advertising in the Calgary Sun So yes they need drivers just like everyone else out here. BUT do they do the PNP ??
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

dave info gratefully rec

To usca driver

As to Gremmie, KB22 etc

Single
no kids
no OH

your ever failthfully

Westcan pay for ya tanker training,not ya Class1. i suggest you contact loads more Companies other than those you have mentioned,,,good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.