Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Big Freight Interviews in UK if your interested

Big Freight Interviews in UK if your interested

Old Nov 7th 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Big Freight Interviews in UK if your interested

http://www.bigfreight.com/index/immigration

Seem to get good reports from the drivers I know who have gone there.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Default Re: Big Freight Interviews in UK if your interested

we've booked a place to be able to ask a few questions about the company and what they can offer someone with PR already (spousal sponsorship) and won't need the PNP or WP route.

here's some of the info they supplied:

"Thank you for your interest in Big Freight Systems. I have enclosed some information that outlines our company and the type of driving Big Freight operates, it also briefly describes the immigration process.
Because we are recruiting from overseas, the application form covers areas not normally covered in a driver application, this is due to immigration issues that need to be covered and it also determines what immigration program would be suitable to your circumstances.
Please take time to seriously consider the challenging decision you are making. It is not a decision that should be taken lightly; make sure this is the type of job you’re looking for. If it is, and you are successful in your application, we will assist and guide you with the immigration process at no cost to yourself, other than the standard immigration fees applicable to your visa.
You must be aware; in order to qualify for our jobs you must reside within the Province of Manitoba. We use the Provincial Government to nominate you for Permanent Residency. Once you become a Permanent Resident you have the right to live and work wherever you choose, you have all the rights of a Canadian Citizen EXCEPT the right to vote."

"RECEIVE AN ADVANCED OPPORTUNITY TO SECURE ONE OF OUR JOB VACANCIES
In order for an advanced opportunity to secure one of our job vacancies, submit your application now and we will advise you of your suitability, if successful we can begin the recruiting process right away. We are looking to hire drivers with the intention of arriving in Canada by May/June 2008. Flexibility on arrival dates will always be considered, we work WITH you and we always consider your personal circumstances in order to make your arrival here in Canada one you are prepared for.
Please send your completed Application via one of the following methods:
Fax: 001 204 346 9577
E-mail: [email protected]
E-mail: [email protected] "

and if i manage this right, there should be a couple of attachments regarding their policy and an application form
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Emigrate_2008_brochure.pdf (146.3 KB, 271 views)
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

What sort of experience do these boyo's require ? anyone?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Curt - if you have a look at the BFS Driver application pdf above it gives you an indication of what they're after
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

wOOps, sorry. Cheers for that.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

If you go here:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6

& ask on there mainly bob_the_dog or Rocket they both work for BFS and are loving it and doing really well as far as I know.

HTH
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Ian and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
What sort of experience do these boyo's require ? anyone?
In answer to the questions on their application page, I put

How many years of Class 1 driving experience do you have? - Under 3 years

Do you have Flat Deck experience? (Roping & Sheeting)? - No

Do you have European driving experience including border crossing? - None

And they have still invited me for a meeting at Rugby

Ian.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:33 am
Just Joined

mick gilbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone looked at Big Freights application form on line yet ..there is a fee ..must think we are made of money ..some one should tell these other countries that our roads were not really paved of gold..
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

i can only see visa fee's, and normal 'right of permanent residence fee'.

It says Big freight dont charge for their administrative work
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Half a dozen guy's who work for BF post on here:
http://www.onlinetruckers.co.uk/inde...8db9a702fa79c1

I have noticed though since alot of them have gone over their posts have dried up, maybe meaning no time for www due to working long hours or money is tight?

"Bob the dog" is commander in chief for the BF drivers on the above forum.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mick gilbert
Has anyone looked at Big Freights application form on line yet ..there is a fee ..must think we are made of money ..some one should tell these other countries that our roads were not really paved of gold..
Can you provide a link to where the fees are as I can't see or find them.

Cheers.

BFS I am 100% sure DO NOT CHARGE FEES. The only fees they could be talking about here are the fees payable to the Provincial & Federal Gov's for Immigration fees e.g. PNP application and then PR application. Theses fees have nothing to do with trucking companies and you will need to pay them to all the provincial Gov's and the federal gov if you decide to stay and make application for PNP & then Permenant Residency.

They also mention somewhere $10.000 this is another requirement by the gov's as the proof of funds that you have to bring with you as they obviously don't want people turning up in Canada classed as vagrants...again nothing to do witht he trucking companies.

Send us the link and we'll have a look anyway.

TA
Old Nov 9th 2007, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Ian and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Can you provide a link to where the fees are as I can't see or find them.

Cheers.

BFS I am 100% sure DO NOT CHARGE FEES. The only fees they could be talking about here are the fees payable to the Provincial & Federal Gov's for Immigration fees e.g. PNP application and then PR application. Theses fees have nothing to do with trucking companies and you will need to pay them to all the provincial Gov's and the federal gov if you decide to stay and make application for PNP & then Permenant Residency.

They also mention somewhere $10.000 this is another requirement by the gov's as the proof of funds that you have to bring with you as they obviously don't want people turning up in Canada classed as vagrants...again nothing to do witht he trucking companies.

Send us the link and we'll have a look anyway.

TA
DAVIE_MAC

Everything is explained on page 2 of the attached PDF document.

Ian.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Emigrate 2008 brochure.pdf (146.3 KB, 294 views)
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:12 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.bigfreight.com/index/immigration

Seem to get good reports from the drivers I know who have gone there.
HI ALL.......
A very good friend of mine is going over to BFS in febuary, he can't praise them enough, very proffesional, they've sorted out all the immigration for him and his wife and he hasn't mentioned any extra fees.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ian and Deb
DAVIE_MAC

Everything is explained on page 2 of the attached PDF document.

Ian.
Yes they are fees that you would have to pay anywhere to the various Gov departments when you apply for PNP & PR.

These are not the responsibilty of the trucking companies and I would eat my undies (shreddies to Gremmie) if there was any company who did pay them for the immigrant driver.

If there is don't tell BT.........
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:17 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes they are fees that you would have to pay anywhere to the various Gov departments when you apply for PNP & PR.

These are not the responsibilty of the trucking companies and I would eat my undies (shreddies to Gremmie) if there was any company who did pay them for the immigrant driver.

If there is don't tell BT.........
what happening BFS/PEI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.