British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Big Freight (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/big-freight-829258/)

man240utd Mar 21st 2014 7:27 pm

Big Freight

Anyone out there know what Big Freight are like to work for.
Cheers.

neilcumming Mar 23rd 2014 5:54 pm

Re: Big Freight

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 11184672)
Anyone out there know what Big Freight are like to work for.
Cheers.

They are based in Steinbach MB.I spoke to one of their drivers on the CB he said he was happy there.They mainly do flatbeds and I know they got some new units.They had a foriegn driver program but dont know if they still run it.

man240utd Mar 23rd 2014 6:10 pm

Cheers Neil, thanks for that. They must still be doing the Foreign Driver program, cos I got an e-mail from one of their guys saying he was interested in me coming over. I just needed to know what they were like to work for before committing myself.
If anyone else has any views on Big Freight, I would greatly appreciate it.:thumbsup:

flat to the mat Mar 24th 2014 12:07 am

Thought you were a trolly dolly for Loblaws ? Want to know about Big Freight get yourself onto Trucknet and ask on the Ex-Pat forum .
Personally if I were looking for step/flat deck work Timeline or Q Line out of Saskatoon would be preferable . Make sure you get paid well for tarping , plus all picks and drops .

man240utd Mar 24th 2014 7:26 am

Cheers FTTM, left Loblaw for family reasons. Timeline are not taking on at the minute. I will try Q line. Thanks again.

neilcumming Mar 24th 2014 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 11187075)
Cheers Neil, thanks for that. They must still be doing the Foreign Driver program, cos I got an e-mail from one of their guys saying he was interested in me coming over. I just needed to know what they were like to work for before committing myself.
If anyone else has any views on Big Freight, I would greatly appreciate it.:thumbsup:

No problem.Another couple of suggestions for you if dont fancy Big Frieght: Searcy are a flatbed company out of Winnipeg they do LMOs or they did LMOs ,I knew a brit driver who went there.Another one to look at is Transx ,they are doing LMOs out of their Winnipeg terminal and have a flatbed division.

man240utd Mar 24th 2014 3:42 pm

Cheers Neil, I will have a look at those.

neilcumming Mar 24th 2014 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 11188318)
Cheers Neil, I will have a look at those.

Ok, tell us how you get on and good luck.

man240utd Mar 24th 2014 4:33 pm

Will do mate.

flat to the mat Mar 24th 2014 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 11187675)
Cheers FTTM, left Loblaw for family reasons. Timeline are not taking on at the minute. I will try Q line. Thanks again.

Fair comment , shame you're not landed status as we have a vacancy on cryo tankers in Regina . Searcy are part of Bison so would be worth a look .

Milanuk Mar 25th 2014 4:12 am

Triline also do flat bads as well but I think they are based in Alberta....somebody posted it here before

man240utd Mar 25th 2014 9:54 am

Thanks guys, Just got a message from Searcys, they are only after owner operators at the minute. I will have a look at Triline. Thanks again.

neilg14 Mar 26th 2014 10:25 pm

Tri-Line are in Calgary, Edmonton & Winnipeg, part of 3 or 4 more companies, don't mention LMO's on their website.
They were on Kijiji advertising not so long back for SuperB curtainsider drivers.
See them in Lafarge loading plasterboard quite often.
DeckX advertising all the time in Calgary.
Give them a call, see if they have LMO's.

Milanuk Mar 27th 2014 2:53 am

If you wouldnt mind haul grain with super B´s....D J Knoll should have some LMOs available...

man240utd Mar 27th 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks Milan, tried DJ Knoll & they are just waiting for some LMOs.