Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Ayr Motor Express charging $500 application fee!

Ayr Motor Express charging $500 application fee!

Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Rasta911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ayr Motor Express charging $500 application fee!

Hey guys, I was thinking of going over from scotland to canada to work for ayr motor express, but have been informed that they charge a fee of $500 up front to process your application. I think ill need to look for another potential employer, not that theres many out there at the moment.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Ayr Motor Express charging $500 application fee!

Take a while to recoup that at 14c a mile
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't entertain Ayr motor express if they were paying YOU $500!...Or $5000 for that matter....Come to think of it, $500,000 either.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rasta911
Hey guys, I was thinking of going over from scotland to canada to work for ayr motor express, but have been informed that they charge a fee of $500 up front to process your application. I think ill need to look for another potential employer, not that theres many out there at the moment.
who has told you that as its news to me
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Well i enquired about 6 weeks ago about a job there and the guy in charge or recruiting, Mr B said that because so many guy from europe use them to get to canada they have had to charge an upfront $500 fee to process the application to the point a work permit is issued.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bit of a dodgey thread this one me thinks.

$500 for what.... sending you a contract and applying for an LMO?

Hmmm thats about $500 an hour F*** truckin HR is the way to go.

What a croc o sh1te

----------------

Human Resources (HR) not H&R..
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Process what application LMO ?? WP??? PNP ??? PR ???
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

The application for an LMO/WP. Apparently you get the $500 back once you complete a year. I guess it seems like they are trying to make the drivers stay linger knowing they get that back.
Not for me anyway, I managed to get my lmo and im heading out to work for westcan bulk carriers in LLoydminster, AB.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

The application for an LMO/WP. Apparently you get the $500 back once you complete a year. I guess it seems like they are trying to make the drivers stay linger knowing they get that back.
Not for me anyway, I managed to get my lmo and im heading out to work for westcan bulk carriers in LLoydminster, AB.
is that depot still running ???
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Yeah apparently so, Going out mid january!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

hughes3005 is an unknown quantity at this point

what are you complaining about $500 dollars its nothing to what it will cost you for working in Canada.
make sure you have a lots of spare cash that's what they want from you MONEY MONEY MONEY...
its called the canadian dream ..
And when you drive 500 miles a week you will need to go to the salvation army for Food tokens...
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

I just checked with the right people at Ayr and This $500 thing is totally un true. They don’t charge anyone anything. They must have told you that just to get rid of you
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hughes3005
what are you complaining about $500 dollars its nothing to what it will cost you for working in Canada.
make sure you have a lots of spare cash that's what they want from you MONEY MONEY MONEY...
its called the canadian dream ..
And when you drive 500 miles a week you will need to go to the salvation army for Food tokens...
It just seems funny that all the bad crap happens only to the European drivers May be some off you aren't cut out to be truck drivers here
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

hughes3005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
It just seems funny that all the bad crap happens only to the European drivers May be some off you aren't cut out to be truck drivers here
What do you mean Gremmie that Europeans dont have enough money to be a truck driver in Canada
Old Nov 18th 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hughes3005
What do you mean Gremmie that Europeans dont have enough money to be a truck driver in Canada
I think a lot come over ill prepared, both financially & mentally, expecting to fully up to speed with in a few months. It takes about 1 year before you can expect to be on a parr with the locals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.