AUSTRALIA TRUCK DRIVING

Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AUSTRALIA TRUCK DRIVING

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Part of my duties also include's screening drivers and still I am amazed at the number of drivers who let their spouses do the interview How on earth does Mrs ?? know if her hubby as in this case "excells" at his job or not did he tell her " I excell at my job"
Not a dig at Mrs Wilson, but I just find it strange that so many women have to find their spouses a job
Haha, fair point to make. Id like to say yea but ermmm NO! I certainly would not be finding him a job; trust me (I am a Nurse) and hes quite capable. And as for how I know? Well he has appraisals every 3 months and they are all documented. Therefore, when my husband brings his appraisal home I am able to read it (simple eh) Also, my husband does not receive any sickness benefit from his company (neither do any of them) However, when he was unfortunate enough to become ill for week the company told him that his pay would not be affected as his manager has the discretion to pay him based on his performance and hard work, hence, full pay! Furthermore, although my husband doesnt drive as big a toy as yourself Gremmie, he does in fact drive the biggest in the UK. Now why would a firm order 2 lovely new wagon and drags and in a company of over 100 employees, select my husband? So he could tailgate, cause unnecessary crashes? BIG NO! Because he EXCELS at his job. Now just stop your negative comments on MY THREAD and go away and play with your big, massive truck, which Im sure compensates you as being so possessive over trucks and jobs, Im sure you lack very much in aahhmmmm the other departments
Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

not really sure why many would want to comment on your thread with the way you come across.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karron
not really sure why many would want to comment on your thread with the way you come across.
Because I asked a civilised question at the start of MY THREAD? Get the chip of ya shoulders eh
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:27 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilson01
Because I asked a civilised question at the start of MY THREAD? Get the chip of ya shoulders eh
Sounds to me like it's YOU with the chip on your shoulder!!??

I posted a comment a few posts back - not that you thought it polite to thank or give a nod to me.

I shall think carefully about who I attempt to assist in future!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bertles
Sounds to me like it's YOU with the chip on your shoulder!!??

I posted a comment a few posts back - not that you thought it polite to thank or give a nod to me.

I shall think carefully about who I attempt to assist in future!
Thankyou so much Bertles for your reply. I did not realise I had to thank everyone who gives me information! I help a lot of people. Maybe not on the trucking site but most definately in the Nursing and immigration threads. I never expect a thankyou from the people I try to help so thought I did not have to either
However, i would like to reassure you that I do not have a chip on my shoulder! I posted a thread on her merely asking how to change my hubs docs over and was met with a barrage of criticism from most of you.
I really dont know why people are being so negative? I asked a perfectly legitimate question on here and the demons appeared!
Are you emigrating Bertles? I see you are in the UK, however, maybe you have not updated your status?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:45 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou so much Bertles for your reply. I did not realise I had to thank everyone who gives me information! I help a lot of people. Maybe not on the trucking site but most definately in the Nursing and immigration threads. I never expect a thankyou from the people I try to help so thought I did not have to either
However, i would like to reassure you that I do not have a chip on my shoulder! I posted a thread on her merely asking how to change my hubs docs over and was met with a barrage of criticism from most of you.
I really dont know why people are being so negative? I asked a perfectly legitimate question on here and the demons appeared!
Are you emigrating Bertles? I see you are in the UK, however, maybe you have not updated your status?
DEAR GOD!!! If you had have even READ my response to you, you will have noted that I clearly stated 'been there, done it'!! Also I recommended 2 potential employers for your husband in Brisbane......

Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, fair point to make. Id like to say yea but ermmm NO! I certainly would not be finding him a job; trust me (I am a Nurse) and hes quite capable. And as for how I know? Well he has appraisals every 3 months and they are all documented. Therefore, when my husband brings his appraisal home I am able to read it (simple eh) Also, my husband does not receive any sickness benefit from his company (neither do any of them) However, when he was unfortunate enough to become ill for week the company told him that his pay would not be affected as his manager has the discretion to pay him based on his performance and hard work, hence, full pay! Furthermore, although my husband doesnt drive as big a toy as yourself Gremmie, he does in fact drive the biggest in the UK. Now why would a firm order 2 lovely new wagon and drags and in a company of over 100 employees, select my husband? So he could tailgate, cause unnecessary crashes? BIG NO! Because he EXCELS at his job. Now just stop your negative comments on MY THREAD and go away and play with your big, massive truck, which Im sure compensates you as being so possessive over trucks and jobs, Im sure you lack very much in aahhmmmm the other departments
Enjoy your thread then dont expect much help from others.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Enjoy your thread then dont expect much help from others.
Lol, Dont worry I wont. Think I gathered that from your first immature respons to another person's post.

Take care
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bertles
DEAR GOD!!! If you had have even READ my response to you, you will have noted that I clearly stated 'been there, done it'!! Also I recommended 2 potential employers for your husband in Brisbane......

No offense Bertles but like I said, my husband can find his own work. Thankyou though for your suggestions but at the moment we are still a long way off moving (maybe August 2010) My OP was how to go about getting his docs transferred. This led to much criticism and negativity! Really sorry I asked. Iv only been a member for a month but think I will be giving Trucking forum a miss. Like I said, it was me who asked, not my husband as being honest, he isnt bothered.

You take care too
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:49 am
Not so new ;-)

No offense Bertles but like I said, my husband can find his own work. Thankyou though for your suggestions but at the moment we are still a long way off moving (maybe August 2010) My OP was how to go about getting his docs transferred. This led to much criticism and negativity! Really sorry I asked. Iv only been a member for a month but think I will be giving Trucking forum a miss. Like I said, it was me who asked, not my husband as being honest, he isnt bothered.

You take care too
Good luck to you then - you may need it, what, with your, 'we don't need anyone's help' attitude!

As it happens, I was able to help you in more ways than you can imagine having moved to Brisbane, retaken my licenses and worked for several tpt companies in the area. I have a long list of contacts, tel numbers and lots of very valuable tips and experience re: working conditions, how to get on etc.... etc.....

Ah well, your loss!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:01 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning everyone
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:13 am
Just Joined

BrummieTrucker is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I try to help original enquiry. Im in SA but rules are same Im sure. I too am trucker with 20 years exp with wife who is a nurse.

If you come over on a Perm Visa you need to swop your licence over to Australian within 3 months. Your HGV licence means jack. You have to retake test. You can do this in a syncro truck for a restricted licence or a road ranger for an unrestricted. Road ranger is basically a Eaton splitter it has range/split instead of twin split if you remember those ie crashbox. It was ages since I drove one of those so I had a couple of "lessons" cost around 100 dollars hour before test. Restricted means only use syncro box and that cuts job opportunities down severly. Not too many scannies and volvos around we were spoilt in uk.

If you come over on a temp visa you can drive on UK licence without having to swop. Although in reality you do, because most companies wont offer you a job for insurance reasons> Dont ask me why.

As for "Ive done this and that in UK" forget it. I done UK ,Belgum, Morocco meant nothing over here at all. Park in Industrial estates and walk round asking. Aussies seem to like the face to face approach. Sending CVS out just dont seem to work.

Aussie licences go from LR MR HR HC MC. Artic and wagon and drag being HC ie heavy combo. I think you have to have HC licence for a year before doing MC test ie wagon trains. Im aiming for this because this is where most of the work is. Especially distance work.

Good Luck

BrummieTrucker
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrummieTrucker
Hi,

I try to help original enquiry. Im in SA but rules are same Im sure. I too am trucker with 20 years exp with wife who is a nurse.

If you come over on a Perm Visa you need to swop your licence over to Australian within 3 months. Your HGV licence means jack. You have to retake test. You can do this in a syncro truck for a restricted licence or a road ranger for an unrestricted. Road ranger is basically a Eaton splitter it has range/split instead of twin split if you remember those ie crashbox. It was ages since I drove one of those so I had a couple of "lessons" cost around 100 dollars hour before test. Restricted means only use syncro box and that cuts job opportunities down severly. Not too many scannies and volvos around we were spoilt in uk.

If you come over on a temp visa you can drive on UK licence without having to swop. Although in reality you do, because most companies wont offer you a job for insurance reasons> Dont ask me why.

As for "Ive done this and that in UK" forget it. I done UK ,Belgum, Morocco meant nothing over here at all. Park in Industrial estates and walk round asking. Aussies seem to like the face to face approach. Sending CVS out just dont seem to work.

Aussie licences go from LR MR HR HC MC. Artic and wagon and drag being HC ie heavy combo. I think you have to have HC licence for a year before doing MC test ie wagon trains. Im aiming for this because this is where most of the work is. Especially distance work.

Good Luck

BrummieTrucker
Thanks for that BrummieTrucker. Nice to see not all Truck Drivers are insecure as a few on here have proven to be. I won't name them! Sent you some Karma
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:16 pm
Not so new ;-)

Thanks for that BrummieTrucker. Nice to see not all Truck Drivers are insecure as a few on here have proven to be. I won't name them! Sent you some Karma
Pffft!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

The only insecure one seems to be you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.