Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Any news on lmos being issued yet?

Any news on lmos being issued yet?

Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:40 pm
Banned

lstevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any news on lmos being issued yet?

Originally Posted by wendywoo4u
Hi, from what I can beleive from an immigration official in NS this week, service Canada have put a hold on LMO's being issued canada wide for HGV driving jobs, supposedly to protect jobs for canadians, with lot's more jobs being more difficult to obtain an LMO due to the recession. Apparently many people have got the job offers, but cannot get the LMO issued. After nearly 12 months trying to sell my house to go down the same route, I have just withdrawn my house from sale here in the UK at nearly exchange of contracts due to this (We didnt see the point in selling up if my hubby can't get the LMO for a HGV job and then end up renting indefinatley) also, I have been advised to try for immigration down another 'route' rather than obtaining an LMO. Some provinces offer the community identified stream through their Provincial Nominee Programme - but not all privinces offer this route. You will have to find out if the province which you want to apply to offer this option. If you are accepted it is a more stable route to go in by as you apply for your PR in the UK and find a job when you land. If you ask any good immigration advisor, they should advise or assess you for free! Hope this helps.
Hi
Thanks for that information. Do you by any chance know the contact information of any immigration avisor?

Regards
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

wendywoo4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lstevo
Hi
Thanks for that information. Do you by any chance know the contact information of any immigration avisor?

Regards
try:
http://www.wildyimmigration.com/

I think they deal with immigration to any part of Canada - not just Nova Scotia where we had been looking into. It was them who gave us the info on the LMO's for HGV drivers - gutted as we had all but sold our house (just about to exchange contracts) and was going into rented accomodation - intended doing a reccy in the summer and my other half was hoping to get a job offer/LMO for a job to move out to NS May/June 2011 after our daughter finished A Levels. All on hold tho now as we don't want to rent indefinatley so my hubby is staying with his job here in the UK for now.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi, from what I can beleive from an immigration official in NS this week, service Canada have put a hold on LMO's being issued canada wide for HGV driving jobs, supposedly to protect jobs for canadians, with lot's more jobs being more difficult to obtain an LMO due to the recession. Apparently many people have got the job offers, but cannot get the LMO issued. After nearly 12 months trying to sell my house to go down the same route, I have just withdrawn my house from sale here in the UK at nearly exchange of contracts due to this (We didnt see the point in selling up if my hubby can't get the LMO for a HGV job and then end up renting indefinatley) also, I have been advised to try for immigration down another 'route' rather than obtaining an LMO. Some provinces offer the community identified stream through their Provincial Nominee Programme - but not all privinces offer this route. You will have to find out if the province which you want to apply to offer this option. If you are accepted it is a more stable route to go in by as you apply for your PR in the UK and find a job when you land. If you ask any good immigration advisor, they should advise or assess you for free! Hope this helps.
will pm you!
Old Jan 11th 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

will pm you!
The idea is that you share the info on here
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gremmie
The idea is that you share the info on here
..........sorry, well I did post a reply with a link to a web-site for an immigration expert called wildy immigration, but it said the post had to be moderated - probably cause i included a link? Anways it isnt showing yet so that's why i sent the info in a pm - nothing to hide here - honest.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

..........sorry, well I did post a reply with a link to a web-site for an immigration expert called wildy immigration, but it said the post had to be moderated - probably cause i included a link? Anways it isnt showing yet so that's why i sent the info in a pm - nothing to hide here - honest.
.............also cause i'm new to this forum perhaps you cud advise why some posts are 'posted' right away and some are not? confused!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:56 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

.............also cause i'm new to this forum perhaps you cud advise why some posts are 'posted' right away and some are not? confused!
Don't take any notice of that Gremmie bloke wendy.
He's just a bloody trouble maker
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

try:
http://www.wildyimmigration.com/

I think they deal with immigration to any part of Canada - not just Nova Scotia where we had been looking into. It was them who gave us the info on the LMO's for HGV drivers - gutted as we had all but sold our house (just about to exchange contracts) and was going into rented accomodation - intended doing a reccy in the summer and my other half was hoping to get a job offer/LMO for a job to move out to NS May/June 2011 after our daughter finished A Levels. All on hold tho now as we don't want to rent indefinatley so my hubby is staying with his job here in the UK for now.
I think you have to look abit wider than one immigration agent. I consulted one last year & was told the same thing.
BUT was then told that as my Mrs is a nursery nurse she could requalify in Canada by attending a 2 year University course, which would be at our cost. I would be granted an open WP to support her without the need to go through service Canada, the agent seemed to think that as a driver or mechanic I'd have no trouble finding a job. His own opinion was that service Canada had got it wrong & their policy is too strict, politics again. He wanted a down payment of $1200 & to handle the rest of the process through to PR. Now to be fair on the cost front I had a number of conversations with him, he was always helpful & polite, never asked for any money for the work he had done. When I said the Mrs had already done 2 years of study to get her NVQs in UK & didn't fancy another 2 (I didn't fancy the cost!), he was fine, just said to contact him if we needed anymore help. Never paid a penny.

Also consider H&R are still bringing people over, thus they MUST be getting LMOs. A number have very recently gone to PEI, all obtained LMOs or they couldn't work. One got refused a TWP at the airport, although he got a right result when it was sorted out directly with the authorities. I enquired recently to the Manitoba government enquiry service & was told to try in the spring. I DID NOT formally apply ($150) just asked a general question. Judging by the way different people go over there I'd say don't take the word of only one source as gospel. There are companies who can get LMOs although the wages on PEI are low, it might be a means to an end? H&R (who are in Alberta) also, some are ok there, some not, but if you really want to get into Canada they could be the route in?

You need to read the "other" forum & afew blogs. This forum is heavily moderated so I can't post a link to the other one. If you struggle, PM me or send a mail, we'll get there somehow.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

The other forum isnt worth your while. You can ask any question you wish here, and get a BETTER answer.

May I add to the info above, that some employers in Canada have pre-approved Lmo's. Employers file an application in advance of finding the candidates that are being hired. Once they find a worker they want to hire they simply provide HRSDC the details about that person, their skills, their experience etc. There is much less risk of an LMO being denied this way.

But obviously you need to find an employer who has pre-approval first...
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Don't take any notice of that Gremmie bloke wendy.
He's just a bloody trouble maker
Bloody charming
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Bloody charming
ha, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, chinner!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

.......sorry, now i'm just being rude - sorry - again!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK whats this " chinner" mean
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:37 am
Just Joined

OK whats this " chinner" mean
lol, ermmmmmmmmmmmmm, it's just sort of like 'so there' or like stickin ur tongue out at sum1!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:46 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody charming
love you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.