Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Any news on lmos being issued yet?

Any news on lmos being issued yet?

Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:35 pm
Banned

lstevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any news on lmos being issued yet?

Does anyone know of any lmos being issued soon?

Going Nuts!!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any news on lmos being issued yet?

Originally Posted by lstevo

Going Nuts!!
Phone and ask.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Going Nuts!!
For who and where ????
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:21 pm
Banned

Service Canada don't speak to the employees!!
Everybody knows that!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:23 pm
Banned

Default Any news on lmos being issued yet?

For truck drivers from abroad trying to get lmos to start work!!!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:15 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps Dave meant which company and province.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by koogar
Perhaps Dave meant which company and province.
OH yes sorry should have mentioned that bit...

Could have been confused with carpenters wanting to work in Bangladesh....Sorry.

Which company and Province are you wanting to enquire about regarding the overseas recruitment of truck Drivers (NOC 7411) for those wanting to come and work in Canada and do you have a contract and job yet as without this no LMO would even have been applied for....

or is it just a general enquiry to see if anyone in the whole of Canada has had an LMO issued lately..

Clear as Mud....
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
OH yes sorry should have mentioned that bit...

Could have been confused with carpenters wanting to work in Bangladesh....Sorry.

Which company and Province are you wanting to enquire about regarding the overseas recruitment of truck Drivers (NOC 7411) for those wanting to come and work in Canada and do you have a contract and job yet as without this no LMO would even have been applied for....

or is it just a general enquiry to see if anyone in the whole of Canada has had an LMO issued lately..

Clear as Mud....

And people critisise me for being sarcastic, if that had come from my pen their would have been 200 posts saying how un helpful I am.
Good post Davie
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:41 pm
Banned

Its for Manitoba provence. And yes i have a job offer and contract, my employer has applied for it nearly a year ago!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:42 pm
Banned

Looked over the post i made about where i said i wanted to know if it was for truck drivers from abroad, and fair enough i realised soon after i sent it, that you probably meant for what provence and company.
BUT AS FOR THE REPLY I GOT ABOUT HOW I SHOULD PHONE THEM UP , THAT WAS DEFINITELY A STUPID AND SARCASTIC REPLY I GOT! In fairness....
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its for Manitoba provence. And yes i have a job offer and contract, my employer has applied for it nearly a year ago!
I would suggest you get onto the employer for an up date as that time seems excessive without him already telling you there are none being issued for X amount of months.

or call the Manitoba office who issues them for an update, not knocking your employer but they might just be stringing you along for whatever reason.. cant see it but you never know. A year seems a long time to wait without putting you in the picture.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie
And people critisise me for being sarcastic, if that had come from my pen their would have been 200 posts saying how un helpful I am.
Good post Davie
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:29 pm
Banned

Ive been in contact with my employer nearly every week since he applied. The recession was one issue, another was the girl dealing with issuing the permits lost all my documents so we had to do the whole thing over again, then he said the government changed conditions... its been one thing after another. Service Canada wont speak to me because im not the employer. But the labour and immigration in Winnipeg dont really give me much info either.
Thanks for your reply.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Ive been in contact with my employer nearly every week since he applied. The recession was one issue, another was the girl dealing with issuing the permits lost all my documents so we had to do the whole thing over again, then he said the government changed conditions... its been one thing after another. Service Canada wont speak to me because im not the employer. But the labour and immigration in Winnipeg dont really give me much info either.
Thanks for your reply.
All I can say then is keep pushing the employer to get onto S.Canada for answers. If your not tied in anyway to the area go somewhere else. My LMO in New Brunswick came through in 3 days back in Nov 09.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

wendywoo4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Any news on lmos being issued yet?

Hi, from what I can beleive from an immigration official in NS this week, service Canada have put a hold on LMO's being issued canada wide for HGV driving jobs, supposedly to protect jobs for canadians, with lot's more jobs being more difficult to obtain an LMO due to the recession. Apparently many people have got the job offers, but cannot get the LMO issued. After nearly 12 months trying to sell my house to go down the same route, I have just withdrawn my house from sale here in the UK at nearly exchange of contracts due to this (We didnt see the point in selling up if my hubby can't get the LMO for a HGV job and then end up renting indefinatley) also, I have been advised to try for immigration down another 'route' rather than obtaining an LMO. Some provinces offer the community identified stream through their Provincial Nominee Programme - but not all privinces offer this route. You will have to find out if the province which you want to apply to offer this option. If you are accepted it is a more stable route to go in by as you apply for your PR in the UK and find a job when you land. If you ask any good immigration advisor, they should advise or assess you for free! Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.