Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Any good trucking companies in Nova Scotia?

Any good trucking companies in Nova Scotia?

Old Aug 29th 2019, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Joe304071 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any good trucking companies in Nova Scotia?

Hi guys, I am in Canada since last year, doing a long haul between Canada and California most of the time. Currently staying at Manitoba but planing to move to Nova Scotia. Does anybody has some references on a decent trucking companies from there? Some companies better to avoid and some worth of try?

Thanks a lot for any responses
Old Aug 29th 2019, 4:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any good trucking companies in Nova Scotia?

Just checking, but presumably you have PR - did you get it via the Manitoba PNP? If so, how long since you moved to Manitoba?
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

PR took 17 months since submitting. I did it before I landed in Canada, from the UK.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joe304071
PR took 17 months since submitting. I did it before I landed in Canada, from the UK.
Yes, but was it a Manitoba PNP app, and if so, how long have you lived in Manitoba since getting it? Just want to make sure that you're not going to be risking your PR if you move to another province! If you weren't provincially nominated then no issues.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

No, all clear in this matter. No need to worry about the PR but thanksšŸ‘
Old Aug 30th 2019, 12:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

No, all clear in this matter. No need to worry about the PR but thanksļæ½ ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½
OK, good, just checking. Looked like from your other forum posts you were still trying to get a job offer there last year, so I assumed you couldn't have been PR there long. But if you've spent a couple of years there as PR before moving on or got PR via some other route, then no worries.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

I do not have the PR, it was showing 17 months since submitting. I did it last year and despite getting closer to the finish line I am not willing to stay in MB for another 2 years at least till Iā€™ll possibly get a citizenship and will be free to go anywhere. Getting the PR will let me change employer but mpnp will never let you move out of MB as they can immediatelly withdraw the letter for the PR and you will be breaking the conditions you came on. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m interesting in moving, despite the price of aplying again in the different province. But itā€™s a province I donā€™t mind waiting for further years. And obtaining the PR there takes lot shorter too. Thatā€™s what I meant by No worries about the PR as I do not. I appreciate your carešŸ‘ but itā€™s not the point I was asking about in the thread. Have a great dayšŸ˜‰
Old May 4th 2020, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Pat5237 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I am in Canada since last year, doing a long haul between Canada and California most of the time. Currently staying at Manitoba but planing to move to Nova Scotia. Does anybody has some references on a decent trucking companies from there? Some companies better to avoid and some worth of try?

Thanks a lot for any responses
Hi,

What company were you working for in Manitoba as I might like to apply?
Old May 5th 2020, 7:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Pat5237
Hi,

What company were you working for in Manitoba as I might like to apply?
You've already got a LMIA and job offer for another company though? Waiting for any restrictions to be lifted will be quicker than going through the LMIA process again.

And please try not to bump such old threads. Please do only post on current threads, the date of the last post is on the left of it, thanks.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 5th 2020 at 7:49 am.