Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Another Pom Hits the Land of the Long White Cloud

Another Pom Hits the Land of the Long White Cloud

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Another Pom Hits the Land of the Long White Cloud

Received today and email from a member who moved to NZ

Hey Skip or should I say G’day Mate

The wife and I are in Auckland we moved here last month and have obtained a work permit with a job within days of arriving.

We love it, slower then motherland but examine past comments on the internet & forums that this was the case, working for a family trucking co, moving chemicals from Auckland to Wellington overnight runs, the wages are cool less than home but manageable we have a private 4 bedroom furnished rental house in Mount Eden purchased a used car and words can’t tell you how happy we took your advise. Hope to meet up with you one day and buy a round or two of amber liquid.

Allan and Kath
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:24 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Pom Hits the Land of the Long White Cloud

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Received today and email from a member who moved to NZ
Good luck to them.
I lived in Howick when I was over there in '94.
I wonder if they bought their car from my old boss on the Great North Rd.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: Another Pom Hits the Land of the Long White Cloud

Originally Posted by koogar
Good luck to them.
I lived in Howick when I was over there in '94.
I wonder if they bought their car from my old boss on the Great North Rd.
Honestly, do not know who this is, as I did send many emails / PM's to a lot of people with ideas and valid suggestions just glad they are happy good luck to them.