Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Another "Moving to Canada to drive trucks" thread....

Another "Moving to Canada to drive trucks" thread....

Old Apr 28th 2018, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Mule deer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another "Moving to Canada to drive trucks" thread....

Aye cheers but as i don't have the Education requirements i wouldn't qualify for the programme I'm well aware any company that has to recruit overseas Arent the best to work for, sure plenty of companies don't have to recruit outside of Canada, there are plenty of drivers in Canada from third world countries who probably never had much schooling but it seems there is always a way around it for some people once Applying for residency .
Old Apr 29th 2018, 6:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mule deer
Aye cheers but as i don't have the Education requirements i wouldn't qualify for the programme I'm well aware any company that has to recruit overseas Arent the best to work for, sure plenty of companies don't have to recruit outside of Canada, there are plenty of drivers in Canada from third world countries who probably never had much schooling but it seems there is always a way around it for some people once Applying for residency .
There isn’t a ‘way around it’. If the education requirements aren’t met, then they’re not met. Most have at least secondary education, or if not then they’ll go back to school (even if just evening classes) to get it.

Could you not get your secondary education now? Are you in the UK? If so it’s free to get GCSE level in English and maths for adults.
Old Apr 29th 2018, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks it’s simething I shall have to make Enquiries About online see what type of courses run in the U.K. , it’s not easy as I’m also in full time work I shall have a google on it thanks .

Last edited by Mule deer; Apr 29th 2018 at 9:55 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 4:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks it’s simething I shall have to make Enquiries About online see what type of courses run in the U.K. , it’s not easy as I’m also in full time work I shall have a google on it thanks .
Lots of people manage to get qualifications whilst in full-time employment (including myself, and my husband who got an MBA whilst working). Do you do shift work or are evenings generally free? If so, you could look at evening classes. Sometimes it's the last thing you feel like doing when you've been at work all day, but as a means to an end...........

There may also be weekend classes too, that's worth looking in to.

Good luck.
Old May 1st 2018, 11:18 am
Just Joined

No I don’t shift work but do long shifts including travel to and from work , I have been in touch with learndirect and they do a course similar to a GCSE , which is called a functioning course I'm not Entirely sure if immigration Canada would except this instead of a gcse in maths or English anyone know if CiC would except this as proof of Eduction , thanks kindly

Last edited by Mule deer; May 1st 2018 at 11:20 am.
Old May 1st 2018, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

TheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really nice

No I don’t shift work but do long shifts including travel to and from work , I have been in touch with learndirect and they do a course similar to a GCSE , which is called a functioning course I'm not Entirely sure if immigration Canada would except this instead of a gcse in maths or English anyone know if CiC would except this as proof of Eduction , thanks kindly
Unfortunately I don’t think they will, when my GCSE exam results were submitted to WES another non GCSE exam was also submitted and this was not accepted. Please remember you need a minimum of 3 GCSE for a evaluation to confirm your education is equivalent to a high school diploma. I would try to find either a local or online tutor that does GCSE’s

Good luck
Old May 1st 2018, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

I might try calling cic to see if they can shed anymore light on my dilemma
Old May 2nd 2018, 11:37 am
Just Joined

International credential Assessment service of Canada
Old May 2nd 2018, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

International credential Assessment service of Canada
What's this mean?
Old May 2nd 2018, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

They are an organisation to get your ECA
Old May 7th 2018, 2:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of study can now be undertaken as an external student, and you only need to attend for exams or practical's, etc.

I listen to lectures on my drive to and from work, and watch them online at home as well. Assignments are submitted online as well (currently studying a degree full time and working fulltime so it can be done )