Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Another "Moving to Canada to drive trucks" thread....

Another "Moving to Canada to drive trucks" thread....

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another "Moving to Canada to drive trucks" thread....

Originally Posted by TheNorms
Matt1986, have you looked at the Atlantic immigration Pilot program

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ion-pilot.html

I’m going over to Prince Edward Island as a OTR trucker, I’m just waiting for my TWP to come through.
My employer is looking for someone else, your PR is processed within 6 months of application and you must apply for it within 90 days from when your TWP is submitted. Look at the scheme requirements and let me know if you want his contact details.
Any chance of telling us who the company are or is it a secret?
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

TheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really nice

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Any chance of telling us who the company are or is it a secret?
No not a secret on my part, I am happy to talk about it and the scheme .. it is basically first come first served as they only have so many places under the scheme that covers all Maritime provinces.

The company I have a job with Garden Isle Farms is using a hiring agent, you will need to message me for his contact details as the forum will not allow email or phone numbers within posts. Do not contact the company direct.

*** please make sure you qualify to apply under the scheme “link below” before you make contact with him ***

From my experience of job hunting under the scheme i can say lots of companies are using the Atlantic immigration pilot program to recruit U.K. truck drivers. All I did was email the contact from the job advert from the CIC job bank.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...immigrate.html

Companies will need to see sight of the following documents before a job offer is issued, all details in the link above.

* Criminal Record
* IELTS test certificate
* Education evaluation certificate

Good luck

Last edited by TheNorms; Mar 2nd 2018 at 10:07 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

No not a secret on my part, I am happy to talk about it and the scheme .. it is basically first come first served as they only have so many places under the scheme that covers all Maritime provinces.

The company I have a job with Garden Isle Farms is using a hiring agent, you will need to message me for his contact details as the forum will not allow email or phone numbers within posts. Do not contact the company direct.

*** please make sure you qualify to apply under the scheme “link below” before you make contact with him ***

From my experience of job hunting under the scheme i can say lots of companies are using the Atlantic immigration pilot program to recruit U.K. truck drivers. All I did was email the contact from the job advert from the CIC job bank.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...immigrate.html

Companies will need to see sight of the following documents before a job offer is issued, all details in the link above.

* Criminal Record
* IELTS test certificate
* Education evaluation certificate

Good luck
Ok thanks but I have a job in Canada,I was just asking as alot of UK drivers ask on the forum about companies hiring.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Mule deer is an unknown quantity at this point

what band does truck drivers fall into as there are 3 options when link is opened .
Old Mar 9th 2018, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

TheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mule deer
what band does truck drivers fall into as there are 3 options when link is opened .
Atlantic Intermediate-skilled Program Skill C — NOC code 7511
Old Mar 10th 2018, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Atlantic Intermediate-skilled Program Skill C — NOC code 7511
cheers i did have a further look at the link last night and had a good read on it and the requirements i did read on the Application question 1 or 2 that the last 10years of life history is required , but only 1560 hours of work training in the past 3 years i have just got back into driving Artics again so it will be a while for me to get 12 months , and would also need to complete my IELTS exam also did you get help from an Immigration agent for filling the forums .
Old Mar 10th 2018, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

cheers i did have a further look at the link last night and had a good read on it and the requirements i did read on the Application question 1 or 2 that the last 10years of life history is required , but only 1560 hours of work training in the past 3 years i have just got back into driving Artics again so it will be a while for me to get 12 months , and would also need to complete my IELTS exam also did you get help from an Immigration agent for filling the forums .
No we’ve done all the paper work ourselves, you do not need to pay a agent to do anything in regards to the TWP or PR applications. The internet has so much to help you and anything we couldn’t get the answers for we just asked on here.

How long have you been back into driving?
Old Mar 11th 2018, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

not very long on class 1 been on tippers for the previous 12 months so i would also need 10 years background information .
Old Apr 13th 2018, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

How did you get on you must be in Canada by now is the weather still a bit rough over there .
Old Apr 13th 2018, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

How did you get on you must be in Canada by now is the weather still a bit rough over there .
Not yet I fly over next Sunday, it’s been a long wait for my work permit to get processed but it finally came through yesterday after waiting 7 weeks.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Good luck I hope the weather improves by then it will be a week or more before you start your truck training by the time you exchange your U.K. car licence for a class 5 Canadian and complete your theory test and then onto your Air brakes . Would you be Able to shed on the Education evaluation certificate.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Good luck I hope the weather improves by then it will be a week or more before you start your truck training by the time you exchange your U.K. car licence for a class 5 Canadian and complete your theory test and then onto your Air brakes . Would you be Able to shed on the Education evaluation certificate.
ECA, I went through WES as they only take 20 days but be careful I only got my GCSE exams evaluated as WES don’t evaluate NVQ etc. It does work out expensive as you must go to the exam boards in the U.K. to request them to forward your exam grades to WES they all charge around £40 and then charge you £20 on top to courier the docs to WES.

One bit of advise get this before you start job hunting as most employers want to see it along with your IELTS and police cert.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

I didn’t actually have any GCS’E results at school so I guess that’s something else I would need to look into as well as the Language skills test .
Old Apr 13th 2018, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

I didn’t actually have any GCS’E results at school so I guess that’s something else I would need to look into as well as the Language skills test .
The ECA must show you have a education equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma. A minimum of 3 GSCE grades equals that, they don’t have to be C or above any pass grade is ok. Unfortunately If you can’t gain the ECA you will not be able to apply under the AIPP. The AIPP scheme is running for 3 years in total so far they are only 1 year in.
I would recommend before you start spending money you look at your education, if you have any NVQ’s etc you could research if they are equivalent. Sorry I can’t help you with that lots of reaseach needed I think.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice

Hi. Also have a look at armour transport in moncton new brunswick.

They have the means to take you over to canada and like you said

Its a means to an end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.