Advice on NZ wanted

Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Sandgrounder1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on NZ wanted

Hi guys,

Am new to this site! Been looking into New Zealand for a couple of months now. Just wanted to know if anyone else is planning on going to NZ in the near future and advice from anyone is out there now.

How much is the average for truckers?

I am planning to go with my girlfriend and our 3 children, will she be able to work when out there?

I have looked into the work visa and it seems quite straight forward is this the case?

I am hoping to go out in a few weeks for interviews with a few companies and would like to know if anyone else is planning anything like this?

I am hoping to go to Wellington ideally does anyone know what its like there?

Thanks, hope I dont sound like a midering fool!!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice on NZ wanted

Originally Posted by Sandgrounder1980
Hi guys,

Am new to this site! Been looking into New Zealand for a couple of months now. Just wanted to know if anyone else is planning on going to NZ in the near future and advice from anyone is out there now.

How much is the average for truckers?

I am planning to go with my girlfriend and our 3 children, will she be able to work when out there?

I have looked into the work visa and it seems quite straight forward is this the case?

I am hoping to go out in a few weeks for interviews with a few companies and would like to know if anyone else is planning anything like this?

I am hoping to go to Wellington ideally does anyone know what its like there?

Thanks, hope I dont sound like a midering fool!!
www.seek.co.nz

Is one of the largest places to look for jobs in Wellington, but like all places jobs are hard to find.

Just looked at seek and there is NIL on offer, except for a Postal Motorbike job

http://www.seek.co.nz/users/apply/in...JobID=14714194

Think hard before looking at going.

Ask the NZ govt direct of chances of work.... http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

try looking on trademe.co.nz,i think,jobs on there.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:47 am
Just Joined

hophop is an unknown quantity at this point

yes look on trade me it has a number of trucking jobs but before you jump beware many kiwi drivers are up and leaving and heading to australia. trucking in new zealand is going threw a hard time at presant it,s not all rosey over here and i dont think its going to get any easier over the next year or so.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

and dont think of new zealand as a back door to australia,you need to be a resident of nz for 5 years ,if i remember right,before you can cross to australia to work. also you will notice that the jobs on trademe say you must be eligible to work in nz .
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karron
and dont think of new zealand as a back door to australia,you need to be a resident of nz for 5 years ,if i remember right,before you can cross to australia to work. also you will notice that the jobs on trademe say you must be eligible to work in nz .
thanks for all your advice. I have no desire to go to austrailia just after advice for NZ. I know where to look for jobs, would like to know what they are like and how to get the jobs. I thought we are eligible to work in nz ,we just need and employer!?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

i think when it says eligible it means that you must already have residency or the appropiate visa,the way its meant to work is job offer then visa,but that can be a chicken and egg situation.mentioned the oz thing because some people may be misled into the "quick way to oz" scenario and end up let down. if you go on the main nz forum and check out hgv threads you will see good info from men out there working now and they can be very helpful. oh and it seems the job is more or less just the same over there,long hours little money,but perhaps nicer lifestyle.

Last edited by karron; Feb 1st 2009 at 7:31 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karron
i think when it says eligible it means that you must already have residency or the appropiate visa,the way its meant to work is job offer then visa,but that can be a chicken and egg situation.mentioned the oz thing because some people may be misled into the "quick way to oz" scenario and end up let down. if you go on the main nz forum and check out hgv threads you will see good info from men out there working now and they can be very helpful. oh and it seems the job is more or less just the same over there,long hours little money,but perhaps nicer lifestyle.
Ok thanks. yeah austrailia is the last place i d like to be, far too inbred for me haha! anyway not bothered about the hours or money just want to get out of the cycle of working for a shit wage and shit life in a country took over by east european twats who take our jobs/take over our pubs,towns,housing,schools.

ps i am not racist in any way as i doubt i would be welcome at a bnp meet but am sick of working half to death, only to bring my kids up in a violent, coke sniffing society. constructive positive replies only ta
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

hophop is an unknown quantity at this point

yes karron got to agree i,v been in NZ from a baby and have kept my british citizenship and i was thinking of moving to perth in ozzy but i have to take out NZ citizenship first which will take about a year. the money in perth is very good. so instead i,m going to do the canada thing which should be good cause you get to do america as well. as for good ole NZ i wouldn,t rush to get here the moneys not good here anymore and things just keep going up which is not bad if ya wages went up too.