Advice about PR card

Old Feb 14th 2012, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

perkinsgap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice about PR card

well its been a long time since I posted on here.

I am returning to long haul trucking and have bought myself a truck but my
PR card has expired and I have sent off for my new one I have even got a flight ticket with the hope it will speed things up that was the advice I got from cic when I rang them. its been 2 weeks since they got it. I need it back for the start of March. Which is when my truck is due to be delivered what my question is if I haven't got my PR card back will I be able to cross the boarder with out it
or will i run it to lots of trouble

thx
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Advice about PR card

I would ask on the main forum , But I have read that some cross into the States without a PR card , But I suppose getting back into Canada might a bit more difficult , But I've heard it can be done , Not sure with a commercial vehicle though
And the last I heard it was up to 250 days to get a PR card renewed .
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

on cic website it says 133 working days but like I said if you have proof of travel they can fast track it. I got a flight on march 7th into US so I hope to have it back b4 then. I am not going to use flight it was only to help me get it faster it was $200 flight.

I have posted on the trucker forum as I didn't know if any other trucker have come across this. Also as a warning to other trucker not to let your PR card expire give yourself a good year. I sent mine off June last year and it ran out sept 21 2011 I got it returned on Dec 20th as my forgot a copy
my driving license.So just in case it goes wrong your have lots of time.

thx
Old Feb 20th 2012, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by perkinsgap
on cic website it says 133 working days but like I said if you have proof of travel they can fast track it. I got a flight on march 7th into US so I hope to have it back b4 then. I am not going to use flight it was only to help me get it faster it was $200 flight.

I have posted on the trucker forum as I didn't know if any other trucker have come across this. Also as a warning to other trucker not to let your PR card expire give yourself a good year. I sent mine off June last year and it ran out sept 21 2011 I got it returned on Dec 20th as my forgot a copy
my driving license.So just in case it goes wrong your have lots of time.

thx
Hi mate did you have to send your original pr card with the application or can you keep hold of it. I will soon have to apply to renew mine, citizenship is taking so long at the moment too, almost 2 years
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

I asked at immigration for Garren, and the basic thing is that, providing you have applied, you should have no issue with entering Canada on your passport alone. The IO did say that CIC would send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application but Garren hadn't received it at that point. If you have a letter then carry it with you.

Just as an aside note. When I took Mike to Chicago for his flight I mistakenly left his PR card at home, then I forgot it when I went back to Chicago I forgot both of our cards. We were asked a few questions about addresses and schools and such but had no problem entering back into Canada. So they may ask you a few questions but nothing serious.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thx rob, yes Dave but my card ran out last sept if you send off for it b4 your card runs out keep it and when you go to get new one there take it from you then as you need to go to the cic centre I guess in Winnipeg for you guys
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

I meant to say to try and keep your old card as that will help you with coming back in, but they have your passport on file and they are pretty good about it. One thing I was told is that entering through a border a long way from where you live may invite being questioned but it should be straightforward stuff and they may make a call to CIC. But I was also told that would probably only happen once.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

our well not to worry about it now I just got off phone to CIC and there sending my Card out today to my local CIC office so that as taken less then 2 weeks for them to put it though. so hopefully this time next week I have it in my hand. So if you need your PR card back quick just buy a cheap flight out of Canada and send it off with your PR app and there put it though quicker
thanks for your reply s