ACPO CKECKS

Old Jan 17th 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

fergie171 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACPO CKECKS

thanks everybody for the help.... i can now cross that one off my list
Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Is your hubby with H & R, they operate out of Lethbridge don't they?
fletch
Yes my hubby has been with H&R for 2.5 years
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

how do you go about getting a drivers abstract, i have a clean licence , should i photocopy the paper part or is there another way to do this
Old Jan 18th 2012, 5:52 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Yes my hubby has been with H&R for 2.5 years
Thought so, i will contact them, seems you are happy, others should be too..

How is Lethbridge, checked the weather it says -35C! What about the facilities? Doctors, Hospitals, Schools, things to do...greatful for your help, looked on google and got a picture of the japanese garden, what do we do for the other 364 days? fletch.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fergie171
how do you go about getting a drivers abstract, i have a clean licence , should i photocopy the paper part or is there another way to do this
phone dvla up and tell them you want a drivers abstract for canada and they will charge you £5 and will send it out to you.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Thought so, i will contact them, seems you are happy, others should be too..

How is Lethbridge, checked the weather it says -35C! What about the facilities? Doctors, Hospitals, Schools, things to do...greatful for your help, looked on google and got a picture of the japanese garden, what do we do for the other 364 days? fletch.
Lethbridge is a nice town/city.Decent climate,great facilities,close to the border,and close(relatively)to the Crowsnest Pass,ie Fernie for skiing etc.
Go there twice a month with work and like it,for Alberta . Got everything you need without the crap you get in the major cities.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:16 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Lethbridge is a nice town/city.Decent climate,great facilities,close to the border,and close(relatively)to the Crowsnest Pass,ie Fernie for skiing etc.
Go there twice a month with work and like it,for Alberta . Got everything you need without the crap you get in the major cities.
again, thanks for the info. fletch
Old Jan 25th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by didster7
phone dvla up and tell them you want a drivers abstract for canada and they will charge you £5 and will send it out to you.
..cheers didster,,ive already done that , just waiting for the dvla to get there finger out and post it to me
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by didster7
....i called dvla today asking where my abstract was , and there reply bewildered me a tad."WE CAN ONLY SEND YOUR ABSTRACT TO THE ADDRESS IN CANADA OF YOUR PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYER"..they said they cant send a copy to me as i live in the uk ..i eventually got a manager to call me back ,and his reply was the same..."WE CANT SEND IT TO A UK ADDRESS".i argued the point that i had to send copys away to the companys i was trying to organise interviews with and they said "GIVE US THE ADDRESSES OF THE COMPANYS AND WE WILL FAX A COPY TO THEM"..by this time i was on the verge of seeing red when he decided to send me a copy but it was against dvla protocol....what a nightmare
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: ACPO CKECKS

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
I would most certainly check Fergie.

My advice would be to ring up your local constabulary non emergency number where you will go through to a switchboard - they can then transfer you to the department who issue the ACPO certificates - some forces called it ACPO other call it ACRO. At least they will give you the definite answer

Dread - x

Dear .....,

Thank you for you enquiry regarding the Pilot Project of Police Certificates being run by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) Criminal Records Office. We are aware of the process and have been consulted during the project’s inception.

While the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) has the status of a private company limited by guarantee it is not a simple profit making organisation. I understand the fees being charged by ACPO for issuing Police Certificates is based upon the cost of issuing the certificate. ACPO is funded by a combination of a Home Office grant, contributions from each of the 44 Police Authorities, membership subscriptions and by the proceeds of its annual exhibition. ACPO's members are police officers who hold the rank of Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable or Assistant Chief Constable, or their equivalents, in the forty four forces of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, national police agencies and certain other forces in the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, and certain senior non-police staff. I believe there are presently 280 members of ACPO.

The process of Police Certificates was put together following concerns expressed by this office and the courts about the reuse of offence information held for extended periods by the police for the sole purpose of prevention and detection of crime.

‘Step down’ is a process introduced following a decision by the courts to permit the police to retain all caution and conviction data on individuals until the person reaches 100 years of age. Offences qualify for ‘stepping down’ within the retention period (for example, low category Cautions ‘step down’ 5 years after the offence if no further offences are recorded on the person). Once an offence is stepped down it is no longer normally disclosed to other organisations (such as to appear on Criminal Records Bureau Certificates) or used by the police for purposes other than crime prevention and detection. Stepped down offences must however be disclosed in the event of a subject access request for a person’s offence history.

The ‘subject access’ provisions in the Data Protection Act 1998 obligate the police to provide a copy of any offence information held about the individual on the Police National Computer rather than solely the offences relevant to a ‘certificate of good character’ or equivalent. I [sic]

Individuals can still insist on using the traditional ‘subject access’ process to ask for a copy of the personal data held about them on the Police National Computer. This right is set out in the Data Protection Act 1998. A person with no offence history is unlikely to be suffer significant detriment by using the traditional ‘subject access’ process. The police cannot however omit any information they hold about a person’s offence history when responding to a subject access request. Subject access request responses have never been considered to form police certificates of good character.

The process of Police was put together by ACPO in liaison with the US, NZ, Canada and Australia and the countries have been providing feedback to the process to ensure they (the foreign nations) receive the information they require. A person with an offence history is likely to benefit from using the Police Certificate process because offences that qualify for ‘stepping down’ from offence histories will be omitted from the Police Certificate.

:
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:02 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farjojo71
I am a drivers wife and can confirm that I didn't need an ACPO certificate when I moved here, only my husband needed one. I have applied for the police certificate now we are in the PR process. HTH
...... and I am a drivers wife and confirm that I did need a police check to come here
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
...... and I am a drivers wife and confirm that I did need a police check to come here
'to come here'? or to apply for PR?
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
.................... JUST A LITTLE CONFUSED NOW WITH THE DIFFERING VIEWS
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fergie171
.................... JUST A LITTLE CONFUSED NOW WITH THE DIFFERING VIEWS
My wife was told she needed one by the company we came over with in 2008, but was never asked for it at immigration. Neither of us had one this time round (Oct 2011) and we weren't asked for one by anybody at immigration.
My advice?
Get one each, but don't volunteer it unless asked for it.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:16 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

My OH came with Yanke, we both had to supply a police check which I thought at the time was over the top as I was not allowed a work permit anyway.

We then had to get new ones for PR as they were over 12 months old. We do not have to supply them for Citizenship.

Good luck