11hrs to the flight...

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 11hrs to the flight...

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Thanks to all for the best wishes very much appreciated.

Been a long old journey to get where we are now and all the help and support recieved on here and from the expats locally here in PEI has been invaluable.

Only got on and off Tinterweb at the mo but will keep you all posted as to the progress and tests etc (airbrakes next week)

Any questions please ask and will see if I can answer them from our experience so far..not that there is much but the trip over was interesting on route getting here.

All I can say is if your thinking of moving to Canada START NOW getting things sorted like chucking all your old crap away you wont need and all the other things you say "Oh I'll do that tommorrow" do it now as they come along as they come along later and bite you in the ass.. sooooo much to do soooo little time.

And make sure your bank know your moving by giving them all your new addresses.... this won't help stopping them freezing your account (no matter what they say) but it gets you fit running round town like a dick...
well done lad good luck on all ur tests and stuff and hope to hear from you soon.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Container arrived, cleared Customs now the unpacking begins. Customs was a worry we were convinced we would be inspected but they were pretty good all in all.

Now to buy a car (Santa fe already put aside) if Halifax unfreeze my account. No matter what you do or say to your banks...they will freeze your account...BARSTEWARDS and its the bllody week end so nothing moves till Montag.

Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Container arrived, cleared Customs now the unpacking begins. Customs was a worry we were convinced we would be inspected but they were pretty good all in all.

Now to buy a car (Santa fe already put aside) if Halifax unfreeze my account. No matter what you do or say to your banks...they will freeze your account...BARSTEWARDS and its the bllody week end so nothing moves till Montag.

Montag ist gut gives you more time to find something better than a Sante fe,, andy on NS is buying an Aztek,,please dont buy one of them,,,sooooooooooooooooooooo ugly
So have you passed ya tests yet
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Montag ist gut gives you more time to find something better than a Sante fe,, andy on NS is buying an Aztek,,please dont buy one of them,,,sooooooooooooooooooooo ugly
No tests taken as of yet.

Any advice on Airbrakes test greatly recieved..... is there anywhere on tinterweb that has practice questions...
Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

you could try mpi.ca .driving quizes... not ns i know but same but different...lol
Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:10 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I didn't get the Aztek, it reminded me too much about you so i got an impala instead

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/licen...ake_manual.pdf For you Davie, if the link works.......................

Last edited by andy_sheila; Jun 7th 2009 at 2:12 am.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

I take it the 'Combination Unit' is the one to read on that link?
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:38 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
I didn't get the Aztek, it reminded me too much about you so i got an impala instead

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/licen...ake_manual.pdf For you Davie, if the link works.......................
is it called Vlad?
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:44 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

yea, I know it's spelt impaler, but I'm bored.
and I didn't even know Gremmie was an ass tech.
I must be losing touch.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:44 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
is it called Vlad?
LMAO I never thought of that, I'm just vlad it goes, stops and isn't rusty...............
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Air Brake test passed now the driving test next week. Training going OK, using one of the new International Prostars Bulk have just take reciept of... very nice indeed.

Any more info will pass on. Sorry not been on much but just been chaos and only just got tinterweb up and running properly.

Check out the "Lonestar" which is the next model up I believe.... What a piece of kit!!!

http://www.trucktrend.com/multimedia.../photo_01.html

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jun 21st 2009 at 9:48 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Good job mate, was the airbrake as difficult as you thought?

Really nice looking wagon them prostars.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Good job mate, was the airbrake as difficult as you thought?

Really nice looking wagon them prostars.
Not too difficult but I made it more so by not reading the book enough but even so still passed. It is more to do with the way the questions were worded I thought. Still a pass is a pass n thats what matters just got to master an Eaton Fuller Box now....but getting there...
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Driving test passed.......... 1 minor gear changing cringing crunching incident...

Now waiting to get out on the road with a trainer driver.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.