Xmas Puddding

Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Prof_Yaffel will become famous soon enough
Default Xmas Puddding

Hi
Anyone know where I can buy xmas puddings in SoCal ? I know I can get online but I was wondering if any supermarkets had them. Its not xmas without xmas pudding !
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of
Default Re: Xmas Puddding

Someone with more local knowledge than I will be able to give you a better answer, but I know that Cost Plus here in Denver sells Walker's Christmas Puddings for about $12.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:22 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leyther
Someone with more local knowledge than I will be able to give you a better answer, but I know that Cost Plus here in Denver sells Walker's Christmas Puddings for about $12.
Just don't count on them having it next year, when you are sure they should still sell it, wankers.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

Where abouts in So Cal are you? There are a couple of places in Orange County.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Prof_Yaffel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by limeynus
Where abouts in So Cal are you? There are a couple of places in Orange County.
Corona, so not far from OC. Can you tell me where ?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

No mince pies, no Xmas pudding, no mince pies, no brandy cream, no mince pies
Christmas better get over and done with before the homesickness really kicks in.

I am so craving mince pies. Getting a delivery from friends when they come over on Boxing Day, but the more I can't have them the more I want them.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to buy jars of mincemeat online if you wanted to make your own mince pies. I used to make my own rather than buy them. Not got around to it yet this year though.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...istmas+pudding

Just bought a five pound bag of Haribo Cola Bottles from Amazon, my kids love them.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...istmas+pudding

Just bought a five pound bag of Haribo Cola Bottles from Amazon, my kids love them.
oooh I love them. My kids do too. I may have to order a bag or two.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Still find it a bit odd that you can order food/drink from Amazon. Always think of Amazon for books and dvds.

Still they do have a British grocery section.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...rd_i=376936011
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
oooh I love them. My kids do too. I may have to order a bag or two.
Make sure you buy them from Amazon themselves (not 3rd party seller) and you get free shipping too, over $25

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-C...0819626&sr=8-4
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
You should be able to buy jars of mincemeat online if you wanted to make your own mince pies. I used to make my own rather than buy them. Not got around to it yet this year though.
You should be able to find jars of mincemeat in the grocery here. We made mincemeat pie every year of my life and never lived anywhere big or exotic. Have a look in the baking aisle!
(alright, alright, it's probably completely different mincemeat. *not*)
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You should be able to find jars of mincemeat in the grocery here. We made mincemeat pie every year of my life and never lived anywhere big or exotic. Have a look in the baking aisle!
(alright, alright, it's probably completely different mincemeat. *not*)
wholefoods have lovely bottles of the stuff, and brandy butter...nom, nom, nom
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

For anyone in the Denver metro or the neighboring suburbs, then a little "home-run" operation that seems to be going down a treat others on the meet up forum is http://www.englisheats.com/. Not tried ordering from her myself, but she makes homemade crumpets, pasties, scotch eggs and other assorted goodies including mince pies for the christmas period.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
wholefoods have lovely bottles of the stuff, and brandy butter...nom, nom, nom
nom nom indeed Thingie makes his own brandy butter and I've still got one Xmas pub stashed in the cupboard (I think!). We're overdue a trip to World Market, so if I can't talk him into using the jar of mincemeat in the cupboard, it'll be a box of mince tarts for me.
We made a test run of little sausage rolls yesterday; we're hosting one stop on our block's house crawl next week & we're on the appetizer list. He's also planning one of those cheese+pineapple things.. I guess we're going as the 1967 time machine.

I'm thinking of starting an appetizer thread, but since you're here.... good ideas welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.