The X Factor!

Old Oct 13th 2011, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The X Factor!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Does anybody else think them giving the over 30s to that bird who isn't Paula is a blatant sign that the show is fixed?

The best singers are so obviously in that group but they give them the IMHO worst mentor. They obviously don't want an over-30 singer to win.

It'll be one of the under 30 blokes who wins it, mark my words. I shan't be too fussed about watching it anymore if the Mrs has it on now.
IMO it was rigged for SC to get the best group.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 3:46 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
IMO it was rigged for SC to get the best group.
I saw it the other way round myself that they gave the best judge (LA) to the group they wanted to win. Simon's a good bloke and all, but LA is actually a songwriter and seems to have a bit more knowledge about actual music to me (of course, he's inflicted some utter shite on us all in his time .

Personally, I think the over 30s group has the best singers by a long way, but then music isn't about musical ability anymore anyway.

I don't even know why I bother watching these shows, I really don't
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

So who saw it last night, then?

I think Josh was amazing. Pure brilliance. Gave me chills.

The rest was completely overproduced and predictable, but passed as a fairly decent night's entertainment.

Looks like the yanks aren't taking to Steve Jones particularly by the looks of the reviews today. I have to be honest, he doesn't exactly stand out as the next big thing in reality tv, but maybe there's still time... It did irritate me while reading some reviews that had him down as being an Aussie and/or someone that was faking an accent to try and sound more interesting... obviously these people aren't that familiar with Wales, then.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 5:23 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Could X Factor have been any cheesier tonight, it made me want to vomit.

For around the 3rd week the only 2 decent people were Josh and Rachel
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Jack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really nice

Josh, IMO is the only real talented one and think he could teach his mentor a thing or two.

When you think about it, there are so many talented musicians out there who have never had a break, and yet we have to put up with so many of those "manufactured" ones.

BTW surprised there were no comments about last week's debacle with the young rapper kid and his little tantrum.....was disappointed at Simon's remarks to him tonight.....almost like he was rewarding him for being a brat.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keira-2007
So who saw it last night, then?

I think Josh was amazing. Pure brilliance. Gave me chills.

The rest was completely overproduced and predictable, but passed as a fairly decent night's entertainment.

Looks like the yanks aren't taking to Steve Jones particularly by the looks of the reviews today. I have to be honest, he doesn't exactly stand out as the next big thing in reality tv, but maybe there's still time...
He's stiff, boring, lacking in any discernible personality and walks like he has a stick up his arse. Total waste of space there to be honest. Send him home.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:07 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Could X Factor have been any cheesier tonight, it made me want to vomit.

For around the 3rd week the only 2 decent people were Josh and Rachel
Good God, it was utterly sickening. The wife had it on when I was done giving the baby a bath so I caught part of it.

Josh should win, Leroy should come second and the rest (apart from the wee girl) can bog off, IMO.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 1:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel is very talented but IMO she is far too young for that type of show. I cringed last week when she was singing Satisfaction. Astro gets on my last nerve. I hate rap at the best of times...that plus his arrogant attitude makes me want to throw my lap top at the TV.

Josh reminds me of Joe Cocker. I wish he'd wash his hair and get it cut...he always looks like a dirty slob to me. Drew has a nice voice but it's very limited...if anyone watches the UK X Factor there is an Irish girl on there with the same type of singing voice. Oh and I hate her big toothy, gummy smile.

This year there are three 12/13 year olds in the last few contestants...give them a show of their own but please keep them off the X Factor. I hate to see kids acting like middle aged adults...the are kids for god's sake.

Nicole also gets on my last nerve...all that weeping and hugging. Barf.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 1:47 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel is very talented but IMO she is far too young for that type of show. I cringed last week when she was singing Satisfaction. Astro gets on my last nerve. I hate rap at the best of times...that plus his arrogant attitude makes me want to throw my lap top at the TV.

Josh reminds me of Joe Cocker. I wish he'd wash his hair and get it cut...he always looks like a dirty slob to me. Drew has a nice voice but it's very limited...if anyone watches the UK X Factor there is an Irish girl on there with the same type of singing voice. Oh and I hate her big toothy, gummy smile.

This year there are three 12/13 year old in the last few contestants...give them a show of their own but please keep them off the X Factor.

You have just gone waaaaay down in my estimations.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 1:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
You have just gone waaaaay down in my estimations.

Noooooooooo...I'm now.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:47 pm
I have a comma problem

Her and Paula, all those bloody crocodile tears like those people are the only ones in the world who have had something unfortunate happen to them

Josh may look like a slob but he's the only singer in the competition that I have caught thus far that I have any respect for. I like Leroy's voice as well, but I refuse to believe he's 60.

They should make the lower age limit 30, and get rid of the half-baked sob stories. Also, allow instruments, it was nice to see Josh at the piano last night ...
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:52 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Her and Paula, all those bloody crocodile tears like those people are the only ones in the world who have had something unfortunate happen to them

Josh may look like a slob but he's the only singer in the competition that I have caught thus far that I have any respect for. I like Leroy's voice as well, but I refuse to believe he's 60.

They should make the lower age limit 30, and get rid of the half-baked sob stories. Also, allow instruments, it was nice to see Josh at the piano last night ...
I thought you had more taste.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:01 pm
I have a comma problem

I thought you had more taste.
I like Joe Cocker - it sort of follows logically I'd like Josh ...
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:04 pm
Life goes on.

I like Joe Cocker - it sort of follows logically I'd like Josh ...
You seriously think I was referring to somebody on a programme I'd never lower myself to watch??
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:08 pm
I have a comma problem

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us.../aug08_031.gif You seriously think I was referring to somebody on a programme I'd never lower myself to watch??

I was only going off what I catch of it when the wife has it on - I don't go out of my way to actually watch it on purpose. It just so happens that there is one singer on there I can actually stand to listen to, which is lucky. Usually I'm playing with the baby when it's on, so I'm listening to her instead ...

Can you believe my wife actually thought I was stupid for not auditioning for that show back in April? I'm glad common sense prevailed, personally ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.