WTF in America

Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:32 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

we used to knock back lots of vodka & lime ( cordial not juice). thought of it now makes me cringe.

I also did a lot of cider in my mid teens and was eventually very ill with it (puking off the side oif the canal boat we were on for a youth trip away!) I couldn't even bear the smell of cider for about 20 years but am happy to say i eventually got over that and love to drink it again now.

Cant do wine- it all tastes like vinegar to me)
But now MY CHOICE IS A NICE g&t OR A CIDER
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Two courses; two years each. 1997-1999 was the Physics/astronomy course, my first choice. Made it to second year and scored really badly in my exams due to a not entirely unrelated alcohol problem.

I moved over to a Chemistry course in 1999, because modules I'd already done in my first year of the physics course also counted towards straight chemistry so I did one module in 1999, then moved on to second year in 2000-01 but I started to run out of money. I probably could have passed that year and moved on to my final year but being broke was ****ing depressing, so I dropped out and moved on to the silly service instead.
Oh OK. Did I misread it or did you edit the date as well?

Anyway, made me feel extremely old
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
we used to knock back lots of vodka & lime ( cordial not juice). thought of it now makes me cringe.

I also did a lot of cider in my mid teens and was eventually very ill with it (puking off the side oif the canal boat we were on for a youth trip away!) I couldn't even bear the smell of cider for about 20 years but am happy to say i eventually got over that and love to drink it again now.

Cant do wine- it all tastes like vinegar to me)
But now MY CHOICE IS A NICE g&t OR A CIDER
Yes I liked vodka and lime - in fact I was thinking about it before you posted.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:38 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
I remember a night of that at my mate's house in my early 20s. He worked at a pub and I was in town for a play rehearsal so I stopped in for a few pints while he finished his shift, then we went halfers on a bottle of Smirnoff from behind the bar and headed back to his place. All he had to mix was a bottle of lime cordial.

I got utterly wankered. Proper shitfaced, too, not nicely drunk which was what I was going for. Jumped in the taxi to go home and he flew at about 70 the whole way. I had a tendency to get severe motion sickness if I was drunk enough. I remember sitting on a little cement planter outside my front door, because I couldn't get the key in the keyhole, as I couldn't focus on it. Then the inevitable happened.

Next morning, my sister was asking why there was bright green sick on the street outside the neighbour's house
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Oh OK. Did I misread it or did you edit the date as well?

Anyway, made me feel extremely old
I did edit from 2002 to 2001, got it wrong when I typed it. You must have read it before the change.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:40 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I did edit from 2002 to 2001, got it wrong when I typed it. You must have read it before the change.
I still feel old.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
I still feel old.
That wasn't my intention. You can blame my parents for that, they were married ten years before I was born
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That'll teach me to jump on posts so quick.

We went to LA on sabbatical in 2002. Had a great time, should have left it at that
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:45 pm
I have a comma problem

That'll teach me to jump on posts so quick.

We went to LA on sabbatical in 2002. Had a great time, should have left it at that
I bought my first car in 2002. Not quite as exciting as your sabbatical, I'm afraid
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:49 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Woodpecker ad's of the time...

Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I still feel old.
That is generally not a feeling that "goes away", or at least when it finally does it is not considered to be a good thing.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:56 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That is generally not a feeling that "goes away", or at least when it finally does it is not considered to be a good thing.
Any time my children make me 'feel old', I embrace it. I'd rather feel old, or indeed when the time comes be old, than be like those godawful millennials who are ruining everything these days
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I bought my first car in 2002. Not quite as exciting as your sabbatical, I'm afraid
You must be the youngest person on here, apart from Gozit.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:57 pm
I have a comma problem

I'm 35, I hardly think so

I didn't do my driving test until I was 22, I bought my first car only when I was working and could afford the payments!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Andrew person who is about to experience the joys of moving to America (Arizona) is younger.

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Oct 9th 2014 at 5:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.