WTF in America

Old Mar 5th 2014, 9:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Nutek
The Walking Dead is a favorite on our DVR also. It makes for an interesting contrast.
My daughter likes to watch that with us, too (we have the DVDs, my wife is very kindly keeping season 4 on the DVR while I catch up ...)
Old Mar 5th 2014, 9:09 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
My daughter likes to watch that with us, too (we have the DVDs, my wife is very kindly keeping season 4 on the DVR while I catch up ...)
Loved one and two, Three was... ok. Loving four.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 9:12 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Loved one and two, Three was... ok. Loving four.
One was brilliant, I'm almost through two, which may even be better, IMO.

I've seen bits and pieces of three and four while my wife was watching them during the recent marathon. Liked what I saw.

Breaking Bad next ...
Old Mar 5th 2014, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Walking Dead
Musketeers
Arrow
Black Sails
Vikings
Agents of SHIELD
Game of Thrones
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Melly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dunroving
Similar thing - I was always surprised that private mail was delivered to an unlocked box at the end of the drive. In Britain, that would never work!
"End of the drive" Ours is delivered to our mail box about 200yds down our country road! Happy to say we've never had a problem
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:54 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melly
"End of the drive" Ours is delivered to our mail box about 200yds down our country road! Happy to say we've never had a problem
We have inadvertently left parcels on our porch for 3-4 days because we usually use the side door by the garage. Parcels have been left by the garage door for similar periods when we have been away.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Melly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to beholdMelly is a splendid one to behold

We've had UPS leave items worth a $1000+ on the front porch. Our son's Xbox sat there all day too Actually, his bike is out all the time, along with various sundries. I have to say, I do like where I live
Old Mar 6th 2014, 11:00 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melly
Where do you live - South Fork?
Old Mar 6th 2014, 11:15 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Where do you live - South Fork?

Old Mar 6th 2014, 11:33 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

The UK hands out cautions, and the US hands out jail time and hot lead. Lots of theft in the US is done by getting the credit card numbers and having the stuff delivered to where they can get it so they don't need to nick it from the neighbors porch but they do that as well on occassion. UK may be tighter with their cards with the fancy credit card pin numbers.

Someone did hit the UPS delivery from my brothers doorstep last Christmas. The idiot dropped his house keys and marijuana when he ran off with the packages. Nothing especially expensive in the haul. Amazon replaced what was lost.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a reason school buses and some trucks stop at railway crossings when there isn't a train? I have a hard time understanding why that's a safety precaution, I mean, sure, stop when there's a train coming (there never is) but stopping for the sake of it seems excessive and unnecessary.

WTF America?
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord PercyPercy
Is there a reason school buses and some trucks stop at railway crossings when there isn't a train? I have a hard time understanding why that's a safety precaution, I mean, sure, stop when there's a train coming (there never is) but stopping for the sake of it seems excessive and unnecessary.

WTF America?
I believe the school buses are required to stop by state law, maybe the trucks are too? I only notice it with tankers. I think it came after some numskull driving a school bus tried dodge ahead of the train, and didn't make it. Personally, given the apparent age of the school busses round here, I'm more worried that they don't get going, stall, and end up stranded on the crossing. That is one of several reasons why I am glad that little Miss P doesn't ride the bus to school.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF America?
Its the law in many places in North America for certain classes of vehicles, its not just a US thing, we have many places in Canada as well with the same rules or very similar.

Sometimes the signals do fail, so it seems logical to try and ensure schools buses and other vehicles with passenger, hazardous materials or the like stop to ensure no train is coming.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

That's all very well, but school buses in particular down this way stop right at the railway lines, way beyond where the barriers would come down. So if there was a train hurtling around the corner, there's no way that school bus is going to accelerate quickly enough to escape.

This may be just the kind of stupid that Florida breeds though, elsewhere they may stop at a safe place.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:33 pm

WTF America?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.