WTF in America

Old Dec 30th 2020, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Boiler
I may have been to Spain more times than she has. I have been to Portugal at least 4 times, and once to Gibraltar.

Perhaps I should now be Boileria?

I always wondered if a Spanish person in the US gets confused about their in US terms minority oppressed status?
You might want to reconsider any connection to Gib, the residents there are all fruitcakes.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 2:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
You might want to reconsider any connection to Gib, the residents there are all fruitcakes.
I'm saying nothing.......
Old Dec 30th 2020, 2:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

"his girlfriend told police that he was building bombs in an RV trailer at his residence, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press. But they were unable to make contact with him, or see inside his RV."
How long does it take to build a bomb? Warner was at it back in the summer of 2019.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7547061/n...ct-girlfriend/
Old Dec 30th 2020, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
"his girlfriend told police that he was building bombs in an RV trailer at his residence, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press. But they were unable to make contact with him, or see inside his RV."
How long does it take to build a bomb? Warner was at it back in the summer of 2019.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7547061/n...ct-girlfriend/
I was reading about this last night.

Doesn't appear as if police ignored her comments, they just found no evidence of a crime being committed so couldn't force him to let them search his home and RV. Apparently FBI and ATF also looked into his background and found nothing of concern or anything they could use to force him to let them search.

End of the day, without evidence, police are limited in what they can force someone to do, and then there is the conflicting police saying lawyer was involved, and lawyer saying he wasn't involved, so who knows about that.

Seems more complicated than police were warned and did nothing.

Old Feb 12th 2021, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

In a household of five people, two of whom drink little to no soda (If I could fill a carrier bag with semi crushed drinks tins in a year I’d be surprised, beers included!) this is less than a year’s consumption for three adults!!! To give some idea of scale, if the contractor trash bags don’t, that cattle trailer has a 16’ floor...
Old Feb 12th 2021, 2:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love Florida, yet everyman and his dog seems to want to move there according to the posts we get.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Gotta love Florida, yet everyman and his dog seems to want to move there according to the posts we get.
If that's in relation to my post, I'm in my surrogate home, with the wife's sister and her family, in South Carolina.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 2:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
In a household of five people, two of whom drink little to no soda (If I could fill a carrier bag with semi crushed drinks tins in a year I’d be surprised, beers included!) this is less than a year’s consumption for three adults!!! To give some idea of scale, if the contractor trash bags don’t, that cattle trailer has a 16’ floor...

Is there a recycling benefit on those cans? You could make a fortune if you turned them in.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 3:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Is there a recycling benefit on those cans? You could make a fortune if you turned them in.
$368.15 (at a quick guess) where I am. I only drink soda (pop in Canada) as mix, and the rest is beer cans, water bottles and cartons from half and half cream, plus a crate of booze bottles and some boxes of import beer bottles. What's in the trailer doesn't look too far out of line with my own recycling, maybe a little more.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 3:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

$368.15 (at a quick guess) where I am. I only drink soda (pop in Canada) as mix, and the rest is beer cans, water bottles and cartons from half and half cream, plus a crate of booze bottles and some boxes of import beer bottles. What's in the trailer doesn't look too far out of line with my own recycling, maybe a little more.

How did you get the 15 cents at a quick guess?

How's rehab going?
Old Feb 12th 2021, 3:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

How did you get the 15 cents at a quick guess?
How's rehab going?
Odd number of cans. Rehab is hell on wheels but I survive. Cold weather makes it harder for people who would help to get out themselves.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 3:50 pm

Odd number of cans. Rehab is hell on wheels but I survive. Cold weather makes it harder for people who would help to get out themselves.

Do you use those wrap-around gel ice packs with velcro straps for after the therapy? My son had that for his shoulder, post surgery, and they really helped. They are soft fabric on the outside, flexible, and stay put.

Failing that, there's always bags of frozen peas in a tea towel.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 4:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Do you use those wrap-around gel ice packs with velcro straps for after the therapy? My son had that for his shoulder, post surgery, and they really helped. They are soft fabric on the outside, flexible, and stay put. Failing that, there's always bags of frozen peas in a tea towel.
I probably won't get any physio until out of the straight brace, 3 months hence. The pain may run out same time as the morphine (more or less 4 days, when I get the check up and staples removed).
Old Feb 12th 2021, 4:09 pm

I probably won't get any physio until out of the straight brace, 3 months hence. The pain may run out same time as the morphine (more or less 4 days, when I get the check up and staples removed).

Ah, right, I had forgotten about the brace bit. My son was semi-immobilized in that he had to have his arm in a sling for weeks, at all times, even sleeping. Drove him mad. He was allowed to take it out for a few minutes a couple of times a day to just let his arm hang down and gently swing a little.

Good luck with the pain - won't they taper you rather than cut you off?
Old Feb 12th 2021, 4:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Ah, right, I had forgotten about the brace bit. My son was semi-immobilized in that he had to have his arm in a sling for weeks, at all times, even sleeping. Drove him mad. He was allowed to take it out for a few minutes a couple of times a day to just let his arm hang down and gently swing a little.
Good luck with the pain - won't they taper you rather than cut you off?
I've been through rotator cuff surgery, piece of cake compared to any of the others, and the physio wasn't much either. If I'm still in pain on Tuesday maybe I'll get another prescription, but it isn't a major concern.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.