WTF in America

Old Dec 27th 2020, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

The suspect worked most of his life in IT

63 year old, and extensive work and knowledge in electronics and alarm systems.

Most recently working at a computer tech of some sort for a real estate company, Fridrich & Clark. (note another article states he was an independent contractor and told the real estate company he would no longer provide services to them earlier in the month.)

1993-1998 he was registered as owning an alarm company of some sort.

Involved in some sort of dispute with his mother of his dead brothers estate, that suit was dropped at the mothers request in Oct 2019.

Family has lived in the Nashville area since at least 1961 according to records.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...on/4052711001/
Old Dec 27th 2020, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The suspect worked most of his life in IT

63 year old, and extensive work and knowledge in electronics and alarm systems.

Most recently working at a computer tech of some sort for a real estate company, Fridrich & Clark. (note another article states he was an independent contractor and told the real estate company he would no longer provide services to them earlier in the month.)

1993-1998 he was registered as owning an alarm company of some sort.

Involved in some sort of dispute with his mother of his dead brothers estate, that suit was dropped at the mothers request in Oct 2019.

Family has lived in the Nashville area since at least 1961 according to records.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...on/4052711001/

The feds have been busy pulling the social media pictures of him wearing his black Trump 2020 ballcap...
Old Dec 28th 2020, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like he may have been an anti-5G type ... hence the attack on ATT. Still looking for better sources ...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville...ng-5g-paranoia

Nashville bombing investigators probe 5G 'paranoia' as possible motive

Last edited by Steerpike; Dec 28th 2020 at 6:04 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

HIs father at some point worked for AT&T according to TN police. Granted if the suspect was 63, must have been a fair amount of years ago since his father worked there, but no other info was given. Maybe he had some grudge against AT&T and if he was paranoid about 5G they might have been the target.

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Seems like he may have been an anti-5G type ... hence the attack on ATT. Still looking for better sources ...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville...ng-5g-paranoia

Nashville bombing investigators probe 5G 'paranoia' as possible motive

Old Dec 28th 2020, 6:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

HIs father at some point worked for AT&T according to TN police. Granted if the suspect was 63, must have been a fair amount of years ago since his father worked there, but no other info was given. Maybe he had some grudge against AT&T and if he was paranoid about 5G they might have been the target.
Also, besides giving his properties away, he told a neighbour (don't quote me on this) just recently that he had cancer and gave them his car, saying he wouldn't have any use for it. So, so far nothing indicating any affiliation with anyone.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 6:28 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

The lack of interest in the news isn't super surprising, there were no mass casualties, and FBI isn't saying much, so there isn't much to keep the audience interested, and apparently Trump brings in better ratings because that seems to be the big topic still along with the stimulus or lack of, and unemployment running out for some, and possible government shut down.

Apparently the house the FBI searched on google street view over the last few years had a similiar RV sitting in front, and some neighbors reportedly have seen the RV parked there. But apparently the reporter didn't think to ask the same neighbors if they knew who lived there or any info about their neighbor.
Well, thank god there wasn't. What a thing to do for some psycho conspiracy theory. Surprised to see snow in TN, I didn't think it snowed there.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
Also, besides giving his properties away, he told a neighbour (don't quote me on this) just recently that he had cancer and gave them his car, saying he wouldn't have any use for it. So, so far nothing indicating any affiliation with anyone.
Seems to be pointing towards lone wolf at this point. I wonder if he did have cancer could explain some of it.

Originally Posted by Shard
Well, thank god there wasn't. What a thing to do for some psycho conspiracy theory. Surprised to see snow in TN, I didn't think it snowed there.
Looks like Nashville averages around 6" per year, snow wise. I imagine higher elevations in the state get more.

Clingmans Dome in Smoky Mountains appears to be the highest elevation in TN at 6,643 feet, so I imagine it snows there too.

Old Dec 28th 2020, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

An elderly friend of mine in Wisconsin who thinks he is very knowledgeable about politics and current events is convinced from his “indisputable” internet sources that it’s all a big conspiracy. The ATT building was housing all the voting machines from the swing states and the deep state blew them up to further their steal of the election. What has happened to common sense? Is their no limit to the stupidity of so many that will believe anything from internet fear mongers. It’s getting beyond scary.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
An elderly friend of mine in Wisconsin who thinks he is very knowledgeable about politics and current events is convinced from his “indisputable” internet sources that it’s all a big conspiracy. The ATT building was housing all the voting machines from the swing states and the deep state blew them up to further their steal of the election. What has happened to common sense? Is their no limit to the stupidity of so many that will believe anything from internet fear mongers. It’s getting beyond scary.
This snopes page has some info on the conspiracy theory https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/at...ominion-audit/
and a bit more here ... https://davidblaska.com/2020/12/26/p...omment-page-1/

Last edited by Steerpike; Dec 28th 2020 at 8:31 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

Not really a WTF but doesn't need a thread either, closest US topic for random one off's.

I learned today that back in June the last person receiving Veterans Benefits from the civil war had died, a daughter of a Private, she received $73.13 per month. She was 90 when she died. Her father was 92 when he died in 1938, having married a 34 year old woman in 1924, they had 5 children of which 2 survived to adulthood.

Interesting reads if you haven't seen it. I just stumbled across it today.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-pension-dies

WSJ wrote an article about her in 2014.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/veteran...640525?tesla=y

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 28th 2020 at 9:35 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2020, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

America's nothing if not schizophrenic:

Jeffrey M. Jones / Gallup:
Donald Trump, Michelle Obama Most Admired in 2020 — WASHINGTON, D.C. —" Americans are most likely to name President Donald Trump and Michelle Obama as most admired man and woman in 2020. Trump tied former President Barack Obama for the honor last year but edged out his predecessor this year."

There's no accounting for taste(less)
Old Dec 29th 2020, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well there is Hilaria Baldwin.
Old Dec 29th 2020, 6:08 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well there is Hilaria Baldwin.
I had no idea who this person was until you got some bee in your bonnet about her.
But this is a great WTF in America example. If this leads to an end of the American-Irish, America-German, American-whatever trope, then good. The accusations of cultural appropriation against someone who seems to have clear connection to Spain, but the continued acceptance of Plastic Paddies, and "I'm Hungarian, I ate Goulash" is a bit of a WTF America.
Old Dec 29th 2020, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I had no idea who this person was until you got some bee in your bonnet about her.
But this is a great WTF in America example. If this leads to an end of the American-Irish, America-German, American-whatever trope, then good. The accusations of cultural appropriation against someone who seems to have clear connection to Spain, but the continued acceptance of Plastic Paddies, and "I'm Hungarian, I ate Goulash" is a bit of a WTF America.
I may have been to Spain more times than she has. I have been to Portugal at least 4 times, and once to Gibraltar.

Perhaps I should now be Boileria?

I always wondered if a Spanish person in the US gets confused about their in US terms minority oppressed status?
Old Dec 29th 2020, 7:41 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
There is this though

To be fair to Baldwin, it’s refreshing to see a Boston person actually DISOWN Boston instead of treating the rest of the world like it’s a Boston suburb.
https://www.sfgate.com/sf-culture/ar...c-15832768.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.