WTF in America

Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:37 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Jerry Falwell Jr, President of one of America's largest and best known Christian Universities posted this picture and discription on his Instagram a/c. It probably doesn't need to be said, but the woman who he has his arm around is not his wife.
The woman is his wife Becki's assistant, and that's almost the same thing, and in his defense, they were drunk.
"Falwell, for his part, said during a radio interview Wednesday that he has “apologized to everybody” and has “promised” he’s “gonna try to be a good boy from here on out. I don't know if that's the road I would take...
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020...rty-university

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 8th 2020 at 1:44 am. Reason: adultery can get complicated
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Becky is his wife's assistant, and that's almost the same thing, ...
I'll have to take your word on that.
.... and in his defense, they were drunk. ...

Liberty University's code of conduct, known as the Liberty Way, prohibits the consumption of alcohol for all students living on or off campus. This policy applies not only to those under the age of 21, but also those who are 21 and older.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well just a friend and she looks friendly.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:47 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The woman is his wife Becki's assistant, and that's almost the same thing, and in his defense, they were drunk.
"Falwell, for his part, said during a radio interview Wednesday that he has “apologized to everybody” and has “promised” he’s “gonna try to be a good boy from here on out.”
"We believe the Board of Trustees made the right decision in asking Mr. Falwell to take a leave of absence, and we are praying for him, his immediate family, and our entire Liberty family during this season. First and foremost, it is our desire that Mr. Falwell would experience healing and restoration that only God can give.
Because only God can help this poor misguided man to see that unzipping your strides and having a photo taken with a woman whose strides are also unzipped is perhaps not a very clever thing to do. Their prayers for him to keep his strides zipped up will obviously help as well.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:47 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If they aren't first cousins doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Remember Jimmy Swaggart bawling his eyes out on tv? Some choice stuff there.

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 8th 2020 at 1:51 am.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:48 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I think she’s quite cute actually.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:51 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
You may be right, but I doubt that will pass the "I'll just run that thought past my wife" test.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:58 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I think the issue here, is a privileged rich man like Falwell, partying it on a yacht, making fun of poor people.with their Trailer Park boys party theme.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 2:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

A swastika mask wearing, gun carrying, pick up driving, man of the south.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comment...ints/?sort=new
Old Aug 8th 2020, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

And..... Jerry's out: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53703294
Old Aug 8th 2020, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

"Falwell, for his part, said during a radio interview Wednesday that he has “apologized to everybody” and has “promised” he’s “gonna try to be a good boy from here on out. I don't know if that's the road I would take...
Why would he - why would anyone ... post a picture like that with his pants open? It does seem beyond reckless!
Old Aug 8th 2020, 7:28 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Why would he - why would anyone ... post a picture like that with his pants open? It does seem beyond reckless!
In the BBC article linked by Tom169, all is revealed. She's pregnant and that explains her shorts, and his old pants are way too small to button up (obvious in the photo).. possibly so she wouldn't feel self-conscious? She doesn't look like she's been pregnant for long, but obstetrics isn't my speciality. Now I'd like to know what tune Mrs Falwell will sing; Stand By Your Man or D.I.V.O.R.C.E.. I'm assuming she was there too.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 7:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

In the BBC article linked by Tom169, all is revealed. She's pregnant and that explains her shorts, and his old pants are way too small to button up (obvious in the photo).. possibly so she wouldn't feel self-conscious? She doesn't look like she's been pregnant for long, but obstetrics isn't my speciality. Now I'd like to know what tune Mrs Falwell will sing; Stand By Your Man or D.I.V.O.R.C.E.. I'm assuming she was there too.
I'm no expert, I've only had two kids but I know I never left the house wearing something that was likely to be too tight a couple of hours later and I certainly never decided to undo my pants and then have a photo taken. I can also guarantee if anyone, including my husband, had undone his pants to show solidarity for a photo, all bloody hell would have broken loose.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 8:14 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm no expert, I've only had two kids but I know I never left the house wearing something that was likely to be too tight a couple of hours later.
Maybe she didn't know she was going to be pregnant when she left. The fundamentalist Christian crime syndicate is getting a double punch here, one for greed and one for carnality. Imo, Falwell isn't any more odious than the rest of them, he's just in the news. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, so maybe this indiscretion is the blowback from his lifetime of devotion? If there is a just and infallible supreme being maybe she's his reward for being so good all his life.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 10:34 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I too am not really sure where you are going.
Today you can, and people are, fired for being gay. My position is, that if you haven't been complaining, protesting, or objecting to this form of cancel culture, which is beyond decades old, and continues today; when ordinary working people are fired for their basic humanity; then I dont want to put your (ones, not Shards) complaints about luvies, and well paid, and influential politicians and activists, at the front of the queue.
Who hasn't been complaining? We have laws against discrimination, and in general, society is more tolerant and flexible compared to decades back. These gains have been won on the basis of free speech and thought. Are you arguing for less of that? There is no queue here. These are parallel phenomena, and by attempting to equivocate you empower a intolerant mob? Is this the way forward?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.