WTF in America

Old May 9th 2014, 8:19 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Bob
it's the full sized tables that's rare...they tend to be much smaller when you find them.
The 10 x 5 does seem to be a common size here. Supposedly the few places near to me had 12 x 6 though.

One day when time and money favour me I'll get along for a look.
Old May 9th 2014, 8:20 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
I've never been able to work out why some Americans call it "snker".
I thought that was what they called a Marathon...
Old May 9th 2014, 8:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I thought that was what they called a Marathon...
Hah!
Old May 9th 2014, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

So one of my wife's AP English students, you know, doesn't apply herself, easily distracted by shiny, beepy things etc..

For the last couple of assignments she handed in one essay that was only three paragraphs and another that was an outline and one paragraph. Along with other poor work she'd heading for a fail.

Of course the pre-emptive mother is having "talks" with the Principal. Her mother is insisting that her precious is put on a Section 504 Plan.
Briefly this means that she'll be classified as having an unidentifiable learning disability and then will be covered by State anti-discrimination policies.

This means that the student, "shall not be denied the benefit", of receiving a passing grade in this class.

Very important for her future college plans. (Of course my wife will give her a D.)
Old May 9th 2014, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
So one of my wife's AP English students, you know, doesn't apply herself, easily distracted by shiny, beepy things etc..

For the last couple of assignments she handed in one essay that was only three paragraphs and another that was an outline and one paragraph. Along with other poor work she'd heading for a fail.

Of course the pre-emptive mother is having "talks" with the Principal. Her mother is insisting that her precious is put on a Section 504 Plan.
Briefly this means that she'll be classified as having an unidentifiable learning disability and then will be covered by State anti-discrimination policies.

This means that the student, "shall not be denied the benefit", of receiving a passing grade in this class.

Very important for her future college plans. (Of course my wife will give her a D.)
Yes, I have heard of that being abused for college entry, and/or pass college classes they can't actually do.
Old May 9th 2014, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think I may have identified the disability and unfortunately it looks like it's genetic.
Old May 9th 2014, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Well, I think I may have identified the disability and unfortunately it looks like it's genetic.
I despair for the future.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I despair for the future.
I try to bear in mind that people always have - o tempora o mores.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:19 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yes, I have heard of that being abused for college entry, and/or pass college classes they can't actually do.
Its kind of messed up if you are denied entry because you dont get one class, of course that might be the Brit in me speaking as we specialize early and can just drop all the crap we can't do.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Its kind of messed up if you are denied entry because you dont get one class, of course that might be the Brit in me speaking as we specialize early and can just drop all the crap we can't do.
I reckon it's time they changed that general ed system.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I reckon it's time they changed that general ed system.
Like increase their standards?
Old May 9th 2014, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Like increase their standards?
It's kind of pointless both ways from what my son tells me - maths is pretty high level, beyond what he feels he needs for his major, but many other classes are extremely basic and superficial.
Old May 10th 2014, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of pointless both ways from what my son tells me - maths is pretty high level, beyond what he feels he needs for his major, but many other classes are extremely basic and superficial.
What's he want to major in ?
Old May 10th 2014, 4:50 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

In the store last night there was a display of scent warmer thingies for Mothers Day....all the usual scents...vanilla, cookies, bluebonnet so etc etc. And Texas Cowboy.....that was a double WTF moment..."what the f" does a Texas Cowboy smell like (I can only imagine) and "why the f" would you want that in your house ....?
Old May 10th 2014, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
In the store last night there was a display of scent warmer thingies for Mothers Day....all the usual scents. And Texas Cowboy.....that was a double WTF moment..."what the f" does a Texas Cowboy smell like (I can only imagine) and "why the f" would you want that in your house ....?
Why?
Easy peasy/super simples:

To evoke "The Proustian Effect"!
See here: It's perfect for when that Lonesome Texas Cowgal is home alone on the range with just the deer and the antelope to play with....'cause her Bronco Buster Texas Cowguy's either on a fortnight's tour of the rodeo circuit or else marooned for a month on an offshore oil rig.

With "Texas Cowboy Smell Scent Warmer (matches included)" the stink of her Bronco Billy will permeate the lonesome emptiness ("a little dab 'll do ya").

Light up, lamp off, close your eyes Texas Cowgal, just breathe deeply and .....sweet dreams, sweetie.......snoooozzzzzzzzzzz, your guy's right there, everywhere, all over the room...keep breathing deeeply...

"My candle burns at both ends...." *

*Edna St.Vincent Millay:

“My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—
It gives a lovely light!”

Oh...almost forgot....Happy Mother's Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.