WTF in America

Old Aug 22nd 2019, 6:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Give this guy credit for at least trying to make a repair.
https://globalnews.ca/news/5798776/b...obalnews.ca%2F
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Give this guy credit for at least trying to make a repair.
https://globalnews.ca/news/5798776/b...obalnews.ca%2F
Law enforcement managed to make the charges stick though.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 5:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
https://www.yahoo.com/news/starbucks...151437758.html

PHOENIX – A group of police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."
What relevance has the fact that some of the officers had been veterans who served the country got to do with anything? The only issue surely is that some sad sack couldn't cope with coppers having a coffee, shouldn't the sad sack have been the one to leave? I do not understand America!
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 5:27 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
What relevance has the fact that some of the officers had been veterans who served the country got to do with anything? The only issue surely is that some sad sack couldn't cope with coppers having a coffee, shouldn't the sad sack have been the one to leave? I do not understand America!
you are supposed to respect police not fear them. Weird the customer and the employees did not. Subtext.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
you are supposed to respect police not fear them. Weird the customer and the employees did not. Subtext.
No subtext needed when other coffee shops in the area extended a warm invite to all public officials along with the slogan 'Black coffee matters'.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 3:52 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Fair and Balanced
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 4:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

“There’s nothing more American than being divided over something,” the user wrote. “This week it’s a chicken sandwich.”
https://globalnews.ca/news/5848576/p...-out-gunpoint/
Old Sep 4th 2019, 1:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
“There’s nothing more American than being divided over something,” the user wrote. “This week it’s a chicken sandwich.”
https://globalnews.ca/news/5848576/p...-out-gunpoint/
How do you run out of a sandwich?
Old Sep 4th 2019, 2:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

How do you run out of a sandwich?
Sounds like a manufactured shortage ('scuse the oxymoron!).

Make something and market it as the newest trend/best thing ever
Marketing hype infiltrates consumer brain
Restrict supply of said thing
Gullible people queue for hours, weep and wail, and if my brief read of the article is correct, threaten lawsuits and become so distraught that they can't sleep or function because they can't get said thing

My God. A bloody chicken sandwich. Humans are crackers.

Old Sep 4th 2019, 3:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

Gullible people queue for hours, weep and wail, and if my brief read of the article is correct, threaten lawsuits and become so distraught that they can't sleep or function because they can't get said thing

My God. A bloody chicken sandwich. Humans are crackers.
I have a stinking head cold so not thinking clearly. However I naively thought that these types of places at least made up each 'sandwich' on site. Not have them shipped in ready done. And people eat this shit? Good grief.
Old Sep 4th 2019, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

I have a stinking head cold so not thinking clearly. However I naively thought that these types of places at least made up each 'sandwich' on site. Not have them shipped in ready done. And people eat this shit? Good grief.
Not just any shit, it is deep fried shit in a special coating of spicy shit.
Old Sep 4th 2019, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by durham_lad

Not just any shit, it is deep fried shit in a special coating of spicy shit.
Did you have to? Some of us are eating breakfast ( oatmeal without salt or sugar at that).
Old Sep 4th 2019, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

I think they just underestimated demand. They can't have expected to have people queuing around the block, even if it is for a sandwich that tastes better than Chik-fil-a with non of the homophobia.
Old Sep 6th 2019, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a big junk-food eater, but I have to say, Popeye's chicken is one of my weaknesses! I believe the issue here is, they don't normally sell sandwiches at all so this particular sandwich is the only application they have for a 'sandwich sized' single piece of chicken, and of course the bun. So they could have run out of either of those items. Their normal chicken items are all 'bone in', I believe - breast, thigh, etc - or are small items like 'nuggets' - so they have to have a different item for the sandwich.

https://www.popeyes.com/explore-menu
Old Sep 6th 2019, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am pretty sure the sandwich isn't shipped frozen/already made, seems what they ran short of is the chicken meat patty thing.

Sometimes McDonalds for example runs out of patty for the 1/4 pounder and can't sell it because they don't have the right patty for it, the patties in the other burgers are smaller.

Or like when A&W first introduced the beyond meat burger they ran out pretty quickly as demand exceeded their expectations and went weeks without being able to offer it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.