WTF in America

Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
But if you did, it wouldn't be anyone's business but yours, and certainly nobody's place to point it out. But of course, you're a white man so are by definition beyond criticism anyway.

It was after 6pm my time when you posted that. Who is still in work at 6 in a business that closes at 4:30?
Why's he so obsessed about your employment?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 7th 2019 at 2:22 pm. Reason: Edit to quote
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:24 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why's he so obsessed about your employment?
I post at work mostly. Bootlickers like him can't understand how technology and the modern office environment allow us to be able to perform a multitude of tasks on a computer and fire off a few posts in our down time.

That and he doesn't have anything else. He knows I don't care that he calls me fat or bald, and all that leaves is HurR DuRR YoURe a CRaP EmPloYEEeeee as if that actually means something. Oh, and I hope he reads this part, but if he actually were going to try to email my supervisor (I don't actually have one anyway), that would constitute doxxing, and the admins won't look too kindly on behavior like that.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

What makes it easy to fat-shame random people you see in the news is that you don't have to be much of a man to do it, in fact quite the opposite.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:38 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I post at work mostly. Bootlickers like him can't understand how technology and the modern office environment allow us to be able to perform a multitude of tasks on a computer and fire off a few posts in our down time.

That and he doesn't have anything else. He knows I don't care that he calls me fat or bald, and all that leaves is HurR DuRR YoURe a CRaP EmPloYEEeeee as if that actually means something. Oh, and I hope he reads this part, but if he actually were going to try to email my supervisor (I don't actually have one anyway), that would constitute doxxing, and the admins won't look too kindly on behavior like that.
His attempts at insults are funny. Mr Mannerring for me, after he tried to shut me up talking about soldiers, if I wasn't a soldier; just posts after him telling woman what to do with their uterus. Anyway, if I wasn't sufficiently deferential to soldiers for him, I'd love to know why being called Mr Mannerring would come across as an insult to me
Old Jun 7th 2019, 2:01 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
What makes it easy to fat-shame random people you see in the news is that you don't have to be much of a man to do it, in fact quite the opposite.
Word.

Originally Posted by kimilseung
His attempts at insults are funny. Mr Mannerring for me, after he tried to shut me up talking about soldiers, if I wasn't a soldier; just posts after him telling woman what to do with their uterus. Anyway, if I wasn't sufficiently deferential to soldiers for him, I'd love to know why being called Mr Mannerring would come across as an insult to me
I know, I wasn't sure where that came from either. Oh you're a much loved character from one of the UK's most popular sitcoms. What a burn.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 2:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I wasn't sure where that came from either. Oh you're a much loved character from one of the UK's most popular sitcoms. What a burn.
He probably resents the authority, maybe something from the past.

Old Jun 7th 2019, 2:33 pm
I have a comma problem

He probably resents the authority, maybe something from the past.
Nah, he loves authority. He already posted ages ago about how he was always sucking up to the bosses at work.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 2:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

When the John Mellencamp song I Fight Authority was on the radio all the time I didn't get the words right, thought he was singing I like authority, authority always wins.... It just made sense. I was singing along..
Old Jun 7th 2019, 3:57 pm
I have a comma problem

When the John Mellencamp song I Fight Authority was on the radio all the time I didn't get the words right, thought he was singing I like authority, authority always wins.... It just made sense. I was singing along..
That's almost as bad as when Paul Ryan said Rage Against The Machine were his favorite band
Old Jun 7th 2019, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

He is probably the type who also thinks people on cell phone at work = not working forgetting in a modern world cell phones are an important aspect.

Old Jun 7th 2019, 5:18 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
He is probably the type who also thinks people on cell phone at work = not working forgetting in a modern world cell phones are an important aspect.
Especially when you get emails on your phone, and those few times when you don't have your work phone with you and you make the mistake of trusting a colleague with your personal number, only for that to become the sole number they use to get in touch with you, even after hours. Meh.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 5:21 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

But if you did, it wouldn't be anyone's business but yours, and certainly nobody's place to point it out. But of course, you're a white man so are by definition beyond criticism anyway.

It was after 6pm my time when you posted that. Who is still in work at 6 in a business that closes at 4:30?
You I heard. Doubling up as office janitor to earn a little more of the Yankee Dollar
Old Jun 7th 2019, 5:25 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Especially when you get emails on your phone, and those few times when you don't have your work phone with you and you make the mistake of trusting a colleague with your personal number, only for that to become the sole number they use to get in touch with you, even after hours. Meh.
Oh stop worrying FFS. I'm not E-mailing your stupidvisor. He's probably taking a few days off to do some posting at home on another forum
Old Jun 7th 2019, 5:34 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by dc koop
You I heard. Doubling up as office janitor to earn a little more of the Yankee Dollar
Man, I'm salaried, I only hang around until my 8 is up to be nice, even though I usually finish early and all my vendors close at 4:30 anyway. You won't catch me here getting unpaid overtime unless there's some kind of emergency.

You really don't know me very well at all, even after reading my posts for how many years now? I'm a get paid and go home kind of guy through and through. If my check clears and pays the bills, I have no complaints.

Originally Posted by dc koop
Oh stop worrying FFS. I'm not E-mailing your stupidvisor. He's probably taking a few days off to do some posting at home on another forum
I wasn't worried because as I already told you I don't have a supervisor anyway.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 5:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm in Thailand, the Land of Smiles, and people here just smile at you for no reason at all. Nothing to do with gender, appearance, wealth, they're just friendly. Come to think of it, that seems to happen in every country I've visited. There should be a law against it, people smiling just for the sake of being friendly.

The creepy old Westerner blokes with young Thai women are another story, they don't smile at anyone, they just sit opposite each other glued to their individual mobile phones, no conversation at all. I quite enjoy striking up a conversation with these blokes and telling them how nice they are to take their granddaughter on holiday
Well it's the same here Spouse. At least in California anyway. People smile easily and always a "hi" or "how ya doing?" A few years back I was visiting my nephew in England. At that time he was living in a small village. I was at the village store one morning and out of habit and being somewhat Americanized I just happened to say "Hi How yah doing?" to one of the village yokels. He looked at me with sour expression and replied "I haven't done it for the last 12 years"
I should have suggested a trip to Thailand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.