WTF in America

Old May 5th 2018, 9:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Pretty sure that's two kids who'll find a different Uni to go to.
Old May 5th 2018, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

" Aurora police cited a Denver woman for allegedly damaging a 7-Eleven microwave by heating up what appeared to be urine, causing the urine to explode. "

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ave/582735002/
Old May 7th 2018, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't sure if I should put this in the Trump thread, but I'm not beefing the Orange one.
How is it that a probationer in West Virginia cannot vote but can run for the Senate???

Trumpier than Trump
Old May 8th 2018, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

pkennedy1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rpjs
Leaving money on the table at a restaurant to pay for thr meal and/or tip the server in cash. I know they usually bring the check in a cover you can put the cash in but whenever we leave I always half-expect them to come running after us because someone has swiped it between us leaving and the server/busser picking it up. I'd never leave money on a table in the UK.

Yeah, and that's ironic because along the lines of "I would never ___ in the UK" goes "carry my passport in a secret compartment in my purse...and have it lost or stolen anyway!"... I'd never been purse-snatched in 46 years of living in 6% of the known world before I got here. Oh but wait, I've ALWAYS carried my passports in that secret compartment in my purse. They're only gone now because the police confiscated my purse when they got it back from the damn thieves.

It's not just me on that one; a guy from Germany just checked in here telling me he'd been robbed when he got to this country too. And this is bloody CancĂșn where allegedly English- or German- or French- (you know the drill, non-Spanish!) speaking people are as "safe" as it's going to get in Mexico short of Playa del Carmen. And a woman from Austria the other day, same deal. My deal with being pissed off about what happened to me is that I was told that in Latin America they'd "not bother me" thinking I "look like one of them." And I got robbed anyway, broad daylight in the middle of the day on a busy street with ABSOLUTELY NO ONE helping me out. Just LET the purse-snatchers drag me halfway up the street by my purse-strap. This is why the Spanish and all their former colonies can go SUCK IT. The "culture" they left behind!!! In the UK when I'd get robbed they'd do it behind my back!!! Break into my stuff in the room it was in when no one was there, sort of thing. Not this, physical attack on a WOMAN in broad daylight in the middle of the day!! And they're too "touchy" and walk too close to you on the street even if there IS plenty of room!!

I saw an ATM machine that had what was clearly the last person's money stuck in it, halfway in and halfway out, should have grabbed it (before the guy behind me did!) screw Mexico; I hope I somehow manage to make it to, if not back to the UK at least to Belize before I become "one of them" out of necessity.

(I have to step back, take 100 breaths every time some rubbish happens, and remind myself that the reason I'm being treated like MORE rubbish here in Mexico is that they initially think I "look like one of them" but I'm English/Irish. It's like I'm being treated somehow WORSE than either the White gringo OR "one of their own" at the same time. And I'm a woman. Triple whammy. And remind myself that life in a Mexican womens' prison is not conducive to getting me OUT of this country...)
Old May 8th 2018, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have never been purse snatched.

You need your street smarts where every you are.
Old May 12th 2018, 2:58 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Iowan dogs have hidden talents

Last edited by lizzyq; May 12th 2018 at 3:00 pm.
Old May 12th 2018, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

In Colorado Dog would have needed to pass a background check.
Old May 12th 2018, 3:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Apparently Iowan dogs have hidden talents
Not many accidental shooting stories make me smile, but Daniel P. Finney certainly nailed this one. His bullet-shaped head at the end was the perfect closer.
Old May 13th 2018, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
In Colorado Dog would have needed to pass a background check.

The only thing my dogs pass is piss and shit.
Old May 15th 2018, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...-hat-482690031.

Cheesecake Factory suspends employees for harassing black customer wearing MAGA hat

Old May 16th 2018, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boiler
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...-hat-482690031.Cheesecake Factory suspends employees for harassing black customer wearing MAGA hat
Enlarged for the hard of reading

Edit: your link no longer exists!
Old May 16th 2018, 1:02 am
Account Closed

Report: Cheesecake Factory suspends employees for harassing black customer wearing MAGA hat
Old May 27th 2018, 3:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

What the actual ****? They take the children and then they lose them...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/26/polit...ren/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...arents-n874821

With so many generous, kind and intelligent people within its borders, how is that the US has become so impoverished in its policies and behaviour?
Attached Thumbnails WTF in America-statueofliberty.jpg  
Old May 27th 2018, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

$10 seems very reasonable in the circumstances.
Attached Thumbnails WTF in America-4ca630fd00000578-0-image-2_1527351060569.jpg  
Old Jun 6th 2018, 1:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Free backpack armour for the kids.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4255961/p...kpack-shields/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.