WTF in America

Old Mar 14th 2018, 6:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Well at least United didn't kill this dog. .... They just mistakenly sent it to Japan, instead of Kansas.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 6:42 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Anyone willing to put a dog in the overhead isn't fit to have one anyhow.
I hear you, but after all the stories of any defiance of authority ending up with a shoeing and in cuffs, you can't blame them. It's the Millgram Experiment in action.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99
From the Foxnews story:

The dog carrier must be under the seat in front, not 'by her side'.

A passenger with a newborn would normally be seated in a bulkhead seat. No seat to place it under.

Putting these two quotes together, she should never have been allowed to board with a newborn AND a pet carrier.

As is so often the case, I don't think we're getting all the facts.
Not on United domestically unless one pays to upgrade to Economy Plus seating. There are no bulkhead seats on United's domestic fleet open to regular economy folks.

Requires one to pay the higher economy fare and then upgrade. Basic economy fares are not eligible for Economy +.

We would need to know what row and what fare class she was flying under.

Plus with a pet carrier the gate agent should never have let her board if she was indeed sitting in a bulk head row.

Regardless the flight attendant screwed up by even suggesting a passenger place a live animal in the overhead.

If it did not fit under the seat a gate agent should have been called and the issue dealt with same if the carrier didn't fit under the seat a gate agent should have been notified to come and deal with the situation.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 14th 2018 at 7:01 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 9:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

This.

Question authority. Always.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
..... Question authority. Always.
Unless "the authority" is in Brussels, in which case the authority must not be questioned.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is when you are on a plane you have to abide with what the flight attendants ask...or else...

Remember the doctor who refused to move out of his seat a few months ago??
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:32 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Problem is when you are on a plane you have to abide with what the flight attendants ask...or else...

Remember the doctor who refused to move out of his seat a few months ago??
I would exit the plane before I would mistreat my dog.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:44 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I don't approve of animals being in the passenger compartment of aircraft, but if you do take your dog on board, the overhead locker obviously isn't the place for it to travel!
Good job the flight wasn't going to Korea or it might have ended up in the galley.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:46 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Good job the flight wasn't going to Korea or it might have ended up in the galley.
That's one way to get it to fit under the seat.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would stand back and watch with amusement if they tried that with my pup.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 11:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If it was in the air? Although I don’t know whether this happened before takeoff.

I agree with you...my dog is part of my family and I would not let her be mistreated by anyone.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 11:25 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
This.

Question authority. Always.
No! You can't make me.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 11:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
No! You can't make me.
Please?
Old Mar 15th 2018, 11:58 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
No! You can't make me.
Don't tell me what I can and can't do!
Old Mar 15th 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Unless "the authority" is in Brussels, in which case the authority must not be questioned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.