WTF in America

Old Mar 5th 2018, 1:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by lansbury
Rationality implies the conformity of one's beliefs with one's reasons to believe, and of one's actions with one's reasons for action. So yes it seems to be rational.
That's some next-level pandering right there, boyo

IDGAF about the assault weapons part, it's semantics, but the idea that arming civilian teachers is a viable solution to the problem of school shootings is beyond asinine. Add an extra SRO if you must (or add one to any school that doesn't have it), I'm OK with armed police in and around a school, but arming teachers is up there with the stupidest ideas that have ever been had.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Silicon Valley elite’s latest status symbol: Chickens
Their pampered birds wear diapers and have personal chefs — but lay the finest eggs tech money can buy.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/0...tatus-symbols/

“At Amazon, whenever we build anything we write the press release first and decide what we want the end to be and I bring the same mentality to the backyard chickens,” said Ken Price, the director of Amazon Go, who spent a decade in San Francisco before moving to Seattle. Price, 49, has had six chickens over the past eight years and is already “succession planning” for his next “refresh.”

“We’re moving toward a more sustainable cost structure,” he noted – zeroing in on the chickens that produce the most eggs with the least feed.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 1:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
The Silicon Valley elite’s latest status symbol: Chickens
Their pampered birds wear diapers and have personal chefs — but lay the finest eggs tech money can buy.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/0...tatus-symbols/

“At Amazon, whenever we build anything we write the press release first and decide what we want the end to be and I bring the same mentality to the backyard chickens,” said Ken Price, the director of Amazon Go, who spent a decade in San Francisco before moving to Seattle. Price, 49, has had six chickens over the past eight years and is already “succession planning” for his next “refresh.”

“We’re moving toward a more sustainable cost structure,” he noted – zeroing in on the chickens that produce the most eggs with the least feed.
Well, then. A geuine WTF if ever I saw one.

Though, I suppose at least you can eat the eggs. Better than those inconsiderate arseholes who bring their dogs into work so they can shit everywhere and make the whole place smell like a roasted taint
Old Mar 5th 2018, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

IDGAF about the assault weapons part, it's semantics, but the idea that arming civilian teachers is a viable solution to the problem of school shootings is beyond asinine.
Arming anyone in there is pretty dumb. A shooter can still kill several people before being taken down - the key is to not have shooters.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

Well, then. A geuine WTF if ever I saw one.

Though, I suppose at least you can eat the eggs. Better than those inconsiderate arseholes who bring their dogs into work so they can shit everywhere and make the whole place smell like a roasted taint
You can buy chicken coops on Amazon, I was hoping for something which is Alexa enabled.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:01 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by steveq
Arming anyone in there is pretty dumb. A shooter can still kill several people before being taken down - the key is to not have shooters.
I agree on principle, but I can at least accept it if it's a police officer, since they have lockable holsters and it's not possible for someone to actually disarm them and turn the gun on them or anyone else.

You can buy chicken coops on Amazon, I was hoping for something which is Alexa enabled.
A dozen eggs is like 43c at our local Wally World though, and there's much less work involved
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

A dozen eggs is like 43c at our local Wally World though, and there's much less work involved
Hmm $2 or so where I am.

A Lady locally has/had chickens, there was a gap under her gate and one of them was wandering around outside, anyway the pup pulled me over in his attempt say hello. All he got was a mouthful of tail feathers.

Have not heard any chicken noises of late, assume the Coyotes had a tasty breakfast.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:07 pm
I have a comma problem

Hmm $2 or so where I am.
I'm far enough away from Chicago that we don't have to deal with their insane prices. You're just far enough away from everywhere that it's more expensive to get shit into the stores, it would appear.

A Lady locally has/had chickens, there was a gap under her gate and one of them was wandering around outside, anyway the pup pulled me over in his attempt say hello. All he got was a mouthful of tail feathers.

Have not heard any chicken noises of late, assume the Coyotes had a tasty breakfast.
Coyotes, bobcats, even medium-large sized birds of prey. You have to keep the chickens locked down or it's a buffet for the local wildlife.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

I'm far enough away from Chicago that we don't have to deal with their insane prices. You're just far enough away from everywhere that it's more expensive to get shit into the stores, it would appear.

Coyotes, bobcats, even medium-large sized birds of prey. You have to keep the chickens locked down or it's a buffet for the local wildlife.
If you buy them in massive quantities in Costco they are cheap.

Perhaps it is $2 for 18, I am not a politician fortunately.

She has a cow and that seems to have survived the winter. A friend has Geese and I know he has a Fort Knox situation due to predators.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:14 pm
I have a comma problem

If you buy them in massive quantities in Costco they are cheap.

Perhaps it is $2 for 18, I am not a politician fortunately.

She has a cow and that seems to have survived the winter. A friend has Geese and I know he has a Fort Knox situation due to predators.
Missed an opportunity for a pun there, with eggs going cheep ...

Shame you're not a politician, because you'd then have lots of eggs thrown at you for free. Trick is to catch them before they break, of course, but free eggs.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

Missed an opportunity for a pun there, with eggs going cheep ...

Shame you're not a politician, because you'd then have lots of eggs thrown at you for free. Trick is to catch them before they break, of course, but free eggs.
Well you should be able to rely on your security detail to stop the egg throwers.

But if you are the Denver Mayor and have been sexually harassing them, well maybe not.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:33 pm
I have a comma problem

Well you should be able to rely on your security detail to stop the egg throwers.
Maybe they can have carrier bags on hand, so they can catch them and put them in. Or better yet, the would-be egg throwers could be considerate and hard-boil the eggs first ...

But if you are the Denver Mayor and have been sexually harassing them, well maybe not.
Hooo boy.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:41 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Why is that boyo. I didn't say I agreed with their solution just that it wasn't irrational as claimed.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by lansbury
Why is that boyo. I didn't say I agreed with their solution just that it wasn't irrational as claimed.
Fair enough, I misread your post. My bad.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:51 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Young bride? still available in Kentucky..

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/m/956ca3cc...-bill-has.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.