WTF in America

Old Jan 3rd 2018, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by md95065
What is the world coming to?

Before you know it they will be expecting you to bag your own groceries ...
One only hope. Three carrier bags for a bottle of olive oil and a jar of hot cauliflower the other bloody day
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 9:15 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I hate to think what'll happen in NJ when they change the law there.
Fat Tony, from the "Union", may have a say about that ....
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Fat Tony, from the "Union", may have a say about that ....
It will be OK - the gas station employees who used to pump gas for customers will still get paid but now they won't actually have to show up for work ...

Old Jan 3rd 2018, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
A very good American friend of mine has NEVER learned to pump her own gas! I find that absolutely shocking.
I find it almost unbelievable.

What, exactly, is there to "learn" about pumping one's own gas?
Old Jan 4th 2018, 1:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

This for starters..

Old Jan 4th 2018, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

She should just have driven to another gas station that had the pumps on the correct side ...
Old Jan 4th 2018, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well the main thing would be to distinguish the difference between the gasoline (petrol) pump and the diesel one.
Then once that is figured out which grade of gas to put into the vehicle as there are usually 3 types. Pumping regular into a vehicle that needs Premium gas could lead to damage to the engine.
Also learning to secure the gas cap once filled or closing the gas cap door is also a challenge to some.
So yes I can now see why some gas stations now need a degree or post secondary diploma to hire gas jockeys
Old Jan 4th 2018, 11:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well the main thing would be to distinguish the difference between the gasoline (petrol) pump and the diesel one.
Then once that is figured out which grade of gas to put into the vehicle as there are usually 3 types. Pumping regular into a vehicle that needs Premium gas could lead to damage to the engine.
Also learning to secure the gas cap once filled or closing the gas cap door is also a challenge to some.
So yes I can now see why some gas stations now need a degree or post secondary diploma to hire gas jockeys
True, there are numerous YouTube videos of people driving off with the nozzle still in the car. sometimes the tube snaps, sometimes the whole pump gets pulled over and, just occasionally, the whole thing catches fire.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
True, there are numerous YouTube videos of people driving off with the nozzle still in the car. sometimes the tube snaps, sometimes the whole pump gets pulled over and, just occasionally, the whole thing catches fire.
... only in America ...
Old Jan 4th 2018, 5:29 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I find it a real bind when I'm back in the UK. Have to get a car at Manchester Airport with a big enough fuel tank to last until I get back to the airport going home.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 5:41 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I find it a real bind when I'm back in the UK. Have to get a car at Manchester Airport with a big enough fuel tank to last until I get back to the airport going home.
Good job it's just a tiny island, so you never have to drive very far.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 5:55 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Good job it's just a tiny island, so you never have to drive very far.
It is, and they have such big gas tanks in their cars that they last 2 weeks.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 5:58 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It is, and they have such big gas tanks in their cars that they last 2 weeks.
Don't you then have to take a hit when you give it back for not filling the tank as well?

You have to be making that up, there's no way someone can be so coddled by institutionalised laziness that they all of a sudden can't do something so mundane as filling up a car.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Don't you then have to take a hit when you give it back for not filling the tank as well?

You have to be making that up, there's no way someone can be so coddled by institutionalised laziness that they all of a sudden can't do something so mundane as filling up a car.
I normally pre pay for a tank of gas. My sons house to the airport is all motorway, and the car rental at Manchester is on the perimeter. The only gas station at the airport is in the middle. It is easier just to drive straight to the car rental than pounce about driving around the airport to get gas.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 6:22 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I normally pre pay for a tank of gas. My sons house to the airport is all motorway, and the car rental at Manchester is on the perimeter. The only gas station at the airport is in the middle. It is easier just to drive straight to the car rental than pounce about driving around the airport to get gas.
Just giving you (but mostly the people in the article freaking out about such a non-issue) a hard time .

I do agree with the part about trying to find a gas station at the airport when trying to make check-in on time and all the other shite you've got to deal with on departure. If we're flying out of Belfast it's no big deal, we just fill up in town before we leave. Last year though, coming in to Dublin at 6:30am on a weekday with all that traffic? Sod that, I just paid the €50.00 or however much it was and let it be their problem.

That being said, we only had to fill it up maybe twice in the time we were last there, but it was a diesel, so it had good mileage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.