WTF in America

Old Dec 4th 2017, 2:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Something light-hearted for a change.

What do you do when you visit a restaurant and the staff are asleep? Cook your own meal!
Only slightly related, but my mate and I got about 90 minutes of free snooker one time when the guy running the desk fell asleep, which we didn't notice until we started to wonder why the lights hadn't been switched off yet. We offered to pay for the extra time (especially because the UDA had just been in a yelled at him for a good 15 minutes) but he said it was his fault and let us off with it .
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Only slightly related, but my mate and I got about 90 minutes of free snooker one time when the guy running the desk fell asleep, which we didn't notice until we started to wonder why the lights hadn't been switched off yet. We offered to pay for the extra time (especially because the UDA had just been in a yelled at him for a good 15 minutes) but he said it was his fault and let us off with it .
Reminds me, still not made it to the snooker place in Ayer. It seems to be the only one around here.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 2:19 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Reminds me, still not made it to the snooker place in Ayer. It seems to be the only one around here.
I still haven't checked out the one round my way as well. It's listed as a private club but it looks like they allow non members to play if you book time too.

I did get to play a best of three frames with my dad when I was over in the summer though.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 2:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

WTF is right. Woke up at 6:30 and all was green. Woke up again at 8 am and all was white. Snow until 4 pm this evening down here in the Gulf Coast City of Hattiesburg.
Attached Thumbnails WTF in America-cardinals-snow.jpg   WTF in America-palm-tree-snow.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2017, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone in the market for a secondhand freezer, free meat included???

Someone stole a freezer from a local veterinary clinic, and with it the remains of two dogs awaiting cremation. | Bradenton Herald
Old Dec 9th 2017, 12:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Probably bought by the local Thai restaurant.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Probably bought by the local Thai restaurant.
Fresh dog meat would be a significant improvement over the crud the local Thai serves, we have to take a 3/4 hour drive to find a decent Thai!
Old Dec 10th 2017, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Portland doughnut shop The Holy Donut has drawn a backlash for a holiday promotion that intended to provide gifts, including warm winter clothes, to children in need.

The doughnut shop announced its plan on Facebook. Users did not take kindly to the fact that The Holy Donut partnered with The Salvation Army to find a few children in need. Commenters on Facebook took issue with the partnership, alleging that The Salvation Army has a history of discriminating against the LGBT community. The Salvation Army has denied that it discriminates against anybody for any reason.

“They proselytize to the people in their programs, they reject LGBT people from their shelters. They have tried to scrub their image, but still discriminate,” one commenter wrote on The Holy Donut’s page.
I put a Dollar in the collection outside the local Supermarket, fortunately I know the guy ringing the bell so hopefully can get it back.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 8:44 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

The police are still allowed to execute people with impunity...

From the article: "According to the police report, Brailsford was carrying an AR-15 rifle with the phrase “You’re F—ed” etched into the weapon. The police report also said the “shots were fired so rapidly that in watching the video at regular speed, one cannot count them.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.18cd3816e974
Old Dec 12th 2017, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zargof
The police are still allowed to execute people with impunity...

From the article: "According to the police report, Brailsford was carrying an AR-15 rifle with the phrase “You’re F—ed” etched into the weapon. The police report also said the “shots were fired so rapidly that in watching the video at regular speed, one cannot count them.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.18cd3816e974
To quote Lion in Winter in such circumstances:

He was found not guilty.

What are we trying to decide?
Old Dec 12th 2017, 11:18 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
To quote Lion in Winter in such circumstances:

He was found not guilty.

What are we trying to decide?
Did you see the video? The commands being barked seemed contradictory and just downright threatening. What a waste of a life.

Those cops were assholes. The wanker barking the instructions is not the shooter. Still, I couldn't make out the victim's hand going to his waist.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Did you see the video? The commands being barked seemed contradictory and just downright threatening. What a waste of a life.

Those cops were assholes. The wanker barking the instructions is not the shooter. Still, I couldn't make out the victim's hand going to his waist.
As Johnny Woo said:

Comments on the internet should decide guilt or innocence, rather than juries and judges?
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

As Johnny Woo said:

Comments on the internet should decide guilt or innocence, rather than juries and judges?
Is anyone outside the courts deciding guilt or innocence though? Personally I thought the commands were barked in such a way to create confusion.
The real question to ask yourself is 'would you have survived that encounter?'
Old Dec 13th 2017, 2:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Is anyone outside the courts deciding guilt or innocence though? Personally I thought the commands were barked in such a way to create confusion.
The real question to ask yourself is 'would you have survived that encounter?'
I can think of a few situations in my life where I have survived encounters and wondered later how.

Probably would not have reached for my waistband, modesty not a primary issue at the time.

If the premise is that the Cop deliberately sought to cause confusion so they could shoot him, possible, but not probable.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I can think of a few situations in my life where I have survived encounters and wondered later how.

Probably would not have reached for my waistband, modesty not a primary issue at the time.

If the premise is that the Cop deliberately sought to cause confusion so they could shoot him, possible, but not probable.

Surviving various encounters wasn't my question, I have enough to fill a good sized book but none of them involved weapons or are like the encounter in question.
I don't think the sargeant was aiming to cause confusion but, with the benefits afforded by hindsight, it appears that the more orders/threats that are barked the more confused the suspect becomes, clear and concise the officer was not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.