WTF in America

Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
As mentioned by Anian, it's to do with 'In The Air Tonight'. The song also includes the line:

"Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand"
Actually, he wrote it about his divorce from his first wife. It's a kind of love/hate thing for her.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Actually, he wrote it about his divorce from his first wife. It's a kind of love/hate thing for her.
I always figured the rumour was just a rumour, but that line meant the song came to mind when I read Mike's post.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

And when he played it on TOTP he had a paint can and brush on his piano as the wife had an affair with their decorator.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Audio file on the internet of teenagers joking and laughing as a disabled man drowned in a lake, they didn't call for help or anything, just watched and filmed, one can be heard saying 'Oh he just died' the man had been reported as missing, and a relative found the video on social media, and the man's body was recovered. The teens can't be prosecuted for anything.
That reminded me of this ...

Alameda police, firefighters watch as man drowns, blame budget cuts for being unable to respond | abc7news.com
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's ****ed up beyond words. I can't imagine how anyone could witness that and not help in some way (I mean, I can't swim so I'm not going in the water but I'd call a bloody ambulance), let alone making fun of the person in trouble
From watching the video, the kids sound like they was watching some weirdo just go into the water fully clothed. By the time they realized that he was drowning, within a few minutes, the guy was under. I can imagine many teenagers telling someone that just walked into the water to get out and that they are not going to help if you get into trouble, The kids told the guy to get out the water, if he didn't get out he was going to die.

It's not as if the guy just fell into the water by accident.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a similar story in the UK, somebody went into a pond and they said they were not trained to go in water.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

It was probably better for the one guy to drown, than for him to have taken other lives with him. It's still sad that someone died, it sounds like the guy had issues.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mrken30
It was probably better for the one guy to drown, than for him to have taken other lives with him. It's still sad that someone died, it sounds like the guy had issues.
The one I am thinking of in the UK was not that sort of situation, I can think of a few cases in CO where people have gone after dogs etc on ice and gone in. It was a more than my job is worth situation.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 12:28 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Writing the song at the time was probably a cathartic process for him, but singing the same song 35 years, and two more failed marriages later, is probably a bit weird.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
The one I am thinking of in the UK was not that sort of situation, I can think of a few cases in CO where people have gone after dogs etc on ice and gone in. It was a more than my job is worth situation.
This what you were thinking of? Caused a bit of a sh*tstorm at the time.

PCSOs so not police but usually wannabes who are trying to join. I know that it's a requirement for the Devon & Cornwall brigade that you are a PCSO before they'll even consider looking at your application ...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/sep/21/1
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 4:56 am
Account Closed

This weekend, at a lesbian march in Chicago, three women carrying Jewish pride flags — rainbow flags embossed with a Star of David — were kicked out of the celebration on the grounds that their flags were a “trigger.” An organizer of the Dyke March told the Windy City Times that the fabric “made people feel unsafe” and that she and the other members of the Dyke March collective didn’t want anything “that can inadvertently or advertently express Zionism” at the event.

One of the women who was asked to leave the Dyke March, Eleanor Shoshany Anderson, couldn’t understand why she was kicked out of an event that billed itself as intersectional. “The Dyke March is supposed to be intersectional,” she said. “I don’t know why my identity is excluded from that. I felt that, as a Jew, I am not welcome here.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/o...ish-stars.html
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 11:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

This weekend, at a lesbian march in Chicago, three women carrying Jewish pride flags — rainbow flags embossed with a Star of David — were kicked out of the celebration on the grounds that their flags were a “trigger.” An organizer of the Dyke March told the Windy City Times that the fabric “made people feel unsafe” and that she and the other members of the Dyke March collective didn’t want anything “that can inadvertently or advertently express Zionism” at the event. .....
I think you meant to file that over here?
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I think you meant to file that over here?
WTF was my first thought in so many ways.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Teenage cheerleader accused of killing newborn baby and burying it in garden
Brooke Skylar Richardson faces five years in prison if convicted

Teenage cheerleader accused of killing newborn baby and burying it in garden | The Independent

Probably more suited to this thread?
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 12:12 pm

Teenage cheerleader accused of killing newborn baby and burying it in garden
Brooke Skylar Richardson faces five years in prison if convicted

Teenage cheerleader accused of killing newborn baby and burying it in garden | The Independent

Probably more suited to this thread?
Yeah, that'll do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.