WTF in America

Old Mar 16th 2017, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

I just love living in the PNW. Got this sent out at work.

It is again that time of the season when spring is in the air and we have started seeing baby Mallard ducks & Canadian geese running around with their parents in the parking lot at Trumpton.

Please watch your speed in the parking lot and be aware that there may be wildlife walking around. Water fowl are protected under the "Migratory Bird Treaty Act" and they are frequent visitors to the West and South side of the Trumpton where there are protected wetlands. Injuring or killing these birds can result in hefty fines or arrest.

Also, please respect the wildlife for your own safety. Some birds may become hostile if approached, or if they experience sudden or rapid movement. If you encounter wildlife, please be patient, move slowly and give them a wide berth. They will be moving on with their migration in a couple of months so this is just a temporary inconvenience.

Lastly, please do not feed the ducks and geese no matter how cute they are.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:06 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
I just love living in the PNW. Got this sent out at work.

It is again that time of the season when spring is in the air and we have started seeing baby Mallard ducks & Canadian geese running around with their parents in the parking lot at Trumpton.

Please watch your speed in the parking lot and be aware that there may be wildlife walking around. Water fowl are protected under the "Migratory Bird Treaty Act" and they are frequent visitors to the West and South side of the Trumpton where there are protected wetlands. Injuring or killing these birds can result in hefty fines or arrest.

Also, please respect the wildlife for your own safety. Some birds may become hostile if approached, or if they experience sudden or rapid movement. If you encounter wildlife, please be patient, move slowly and give them a wide berth. They will be moving on with their migration in a couple of months so this is just a temporary inconvenience.

Lastly, please do not feed the ducks and geese no matter how cute they are.
Mallards are cool, but **** geese, man. Dirty, aggressive bastards who honk at you and shit everywhere. Plus the ****ers take seventeen years to cross the road and they do it on purpose.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Mallards are cool, but **** geese, man. Dirty, aggressive bastards who honk at you and shit everywhere. Plus the ****ers take seventeen years to cross the road and they do it on purpose.
They hang around the entrance doors, because people feed them. Trying to go past a dozen geese to get into work is interesting.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:25 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

They hang around the entrance doors, because people feed them. Trying to go past a dozen geese to get into work is interesting.
If you kick them in the head you'll piss them off, but daze them long enough to nip inside the building, while they attack the guy behind you by mistake

Maybe they need another sign saying "Don't feed the people who feed the geese". The problem will take care of itself in a month or so.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you kick them in the head you'll piss them off, but daze them long enough to nip inside the building, while they attack the guy behind you by mistake

Maybe they need another sign saying "Don't feed the people who feed the geese". The problem will take care of itself in a month or so.
It's not so bad, I get some ideas from watching The Walking Dead.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:30 pm
I have a comma problem

It's not so bad, I get some ideas from watching The Walking Dead.
You will note the almost complete lack of geese in that show. They are doing something right in that wonderful documentary of our future in an anti-vax world.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:46 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Plus the ****ers take seventeen years to cross the road and they do it on purpose.
You know if they wore pants they would need pulling up.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:49 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
You know if they wore pants they would need pulling up.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian Geese grates, it's Canada Geese, sorry for the pedantry. It's something we'd pass over in an American (what's the use - well a lot of them do get it wrong), but the British should know. I can cook them so they're good but I'd far rather have wild ducks, (love wild ducks).
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
.... it's Canada Geese, ....
Canada's gift to the world!

They breed like rabbits, strip any grass bare, çräp on everything, and make an obnoxious racket.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:48 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Canada's gift to the world!
Wasn't that Cliff Thorburn?

Or I'd also go with Poutine and Trailer Park Boys as acceptable 'gifts'.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:49 pm
I have a comma problem

... it's Canada Geese ...
The word you're looking for is 'arseholes'.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 9:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't that Cliff Thorburn?
Saw him play years ago when the open was here.
I don't have resentment against the geese though I've probably killed and eaten more than my share, but met a tame one once. A Canada Goose landed on the lake beside old Ralph's boat while we were fishing once, and someone picked it up and put it in the boat. It had a ring of "proud flesh" around one leg as if it had been tied once, and was obviously tame. It came back several times and once followed my punt back to shore and followed me up the hill to the cottage where I fed it crackers and water, then I led it back to the shore and it took off. For years after we looked at and called any goose that came close. Bert, Ralph named it Bert.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 9:03 pm
I have a comma problem

Saw him play years ago when the open was here.
The only thing I don't like about him was he beat Alex Higgins to win the Embassy

First 147 at the Crucible though, can't beat that.

I don't have resentment against the geese though I've probably killed and eaten more than my share, but met a tame one once. A Canada Goose landed on the lake beside old Ralph's boat while we were fishing once, and someone picked it up and put it in the boat. It had a ring of "proud flesh" around one leg as if it had been tied once, and was obviously tame. It came back several times and once followed my punt back to shore and followed me up the hill to the cottage where I fed it crackers and water, then I led it back to the shore and it took off. For years after we looked at and called any goose that came close. Bert, Ralph named it Bert.
I use a lot of hyperbole, of course, but as far as the local birds go, they really are annoying and aren't at the top of my favourites list.

I much prefer the blue jays and ravens, but that's just me.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 9:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm in error, wasn't Thorburn. I blame privateer blood.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.