WTF in America

Old Mar 8th 2014, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Pulaski
TV ads for any prescription medication. "Ask your doctor if LipitorĀ® is right for you.". ...... No, you lard-arse, you need to go on a diet!
Actually I'm on Lipitor (well the generic atorvastatin now the patent has expired) and for people like me with familial hypercholesterolemia, that killed my mother at 44 and her brother at 31, it's not optional. I am on a diet as well, lost two stone since September

Ironically, I wouldn't have FH if my family had been from many parts of the US (well I wouldn't exist) because we have the bad gene because my maternal grandparents were first cousins. Perfectly legal if a little scandalous in England, but not allowed in many places here.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 1:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs
Actually I'm on Lipitor (well the generic atorvastatin now the patent has expired) and for people like me with familial hypercholesterolemia, that killed my mother at 44 and her brother at 31, it's not optional. I am on a diet as well, lost two stone since September

Ironically, I wouldn't have FH if my family had been from many parts of the US (well I wouldn't exist) because we have the bad gene because my maternal grandparents were first cousins. Perfectly legal if a little scandalous in England, but not allowed in many places here.
. No offence meant, it was just the first non-ED drug that sprang to mind. I know that it is essential for some people but I recall reading a few years ago, when it was still only available as the brand drug, that statistically only 1 in 60 people who took it were likely to gain any benefit from it.

That said, the "WTF factor" is that the manufacturer is inviting you to take the idea to your doctor, rather than you doctor tell you about treatments that would benefit you.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

. No offence meant, it was just the first non-ED drug that sprang to mind. I know that it is essential for some people but I recall reading a few years ago, when it was still only available as the brand drug, that statistically only 1 in 60 people who took it were likely to gain any benefit from it.

That said, the "WTF factor" is that the manufacturer is inviting you to take the idea to your doctor, rather than you doctor tell you about treatments that would benefit you.
Oh none taken, and I understand that many doctors on both sides of the Atlantic advocate all adults taking low doses of statins as a preventative.

The whole prescription drugs advertising (I believe only NZ in the developed world also allows it) thing is totally bizarre to me, especially as the FDA-mandated warnings always make me feel "I don't care what it's supposed to cure, I'm not touching it with a bargepole."

And I agree that the implication you should ask it of your doctor seems the wrong way round.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute

TV ads for any prescription medication. "Ask your doctor if LipitorĀ® is right for you.". ...... No, you lard-arse, you need to go on a diet!
Then there'll be the ad inviting you to sue a drug manufacturer as the drug now has been shown to have hideous side effects!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 3:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HartleyHare
Then there'll be the ad inviting you or your heirs to sue a drug manufacturer as the drug now has been shown to have hideous side effects!
FIFY
Old Mar 8th 2014, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I want to invent something called BumPits.
I think a Brit will always read it that way
Old Mar 8th 2014, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I think a Brit will always read it that way
I did!! had to re-read it twice!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't get much more WTF than this.....

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...u8sNc.facebook
Old Mar 8th 2014, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
It doesn't get much more WTF than this.....

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...u8sNc.facebook
Oh yeah ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-26456029

What IS it with pit bulls ?
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Placed on the sex offenders register for having sex with a dog!!!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
Placed on the sex offenders register for having sex with a dog!!!
Puppy love....
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

The dogs bollocks....
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny how drug side effects can often be the same as the condition you're trying to address with said drug.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by hotscot
It's funny how drug side effects can often be the same as the condition you're trying to address with said drug.
Yeah one of the advertised antidepressants had potential side effects that included disturbed sleep, drowsiness, loss of appetite and lack of energy. What is the difference between "side effects" and the drug simply not working?
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

While many can control and lower cholesterol by diet, not everyone can, and there isn't always a clear cut reason as to why someone's cholesterol is high nor is everyone with high cholesterol overweight..

I am skinny and have high cholesterol, no weight to lose, eat the rabbit diet the dietitian designed and the cholesterol still won't go down, but not on medication of any sort for it at this time.

This makes you think a bit, and probably could happen anywhere, but women was dead for 6 years, but all her bills were on auto-pay so nobody thought much of her not being around, until the bills stopped being paid that is....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/us/mic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.