WTF in America

Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:50 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Then when I'm talking to them, I can't keep my eyes off it, and I get the distinct uneasy feeling that they are focusing on my ash-free forehead instead of looking at me......its the one day a year I know what a woman with a nice cleavage feels like
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:52 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
In the UK I am only aware of it being a Catholic "thing". I don't recall ever seeing anyone here with it.
Ah, maybe....thinking back, I guess there weren't many catholic churches round us, but, still, I don't remember seeing anyone do it till we got here, and now they're everywhere
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:56 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
FFS, I saw someone at the zoo the other year taking pictures with a bloody ipad. Nutters
Its the ones at kids school concerts and things that hold the ipad up over their heads to video the whole thing that get me. Do they realize that it only takes a few of those to totally ruin the view for those behind? I was at an event once, sitting near a stroppy scottish lady, and she had it out with the fella in front - it all got quite heated before he backed down. I did wonder if he knew how close he was to getting a Glasgow kiss
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
Cracking
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Its the ones at kids school concerts and things that hold the ipad up over their heads to video the whole thing that get me. Do they realize that it only takes a few of those to totally ruin the view for those behind? I was at an event once, sitting near a stroppy scottish lady, and she had it out with the fella in front - it all got quite heated before he backed down. I did wonder if he knew how close he was to getting a Glasgow kiss
That does ruin the view - they should go into the aisle to make a recording, if they can't get it made at eye level from the seat.

That's what I do if I can't get a line-of-sight photo, I'll go where nobody is behind me and snap from there. But I'm considerate like that
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

In Kentucky, is it just called "Fried Chicken"?
Nope we call it KFC.

That's a good one

Actually, they make quite a big thing about KFC in Louisville, I noticed on the way through there. I can't remember if there actually was one in the town we stayed in though.
They're only a big deal because they are a big employer for the area. My OH interviewed for a job with Yum (owner of KFC) a couple of years ago. He was told then that KFC was performing poorly compared to their other restaurant chains. Tbh, I pretty much can't stand KFC, and I think it's made Louisville a laughing stock to have our basketball arena (for the local uni) to be called the KFC Yum! Center. I'd rather call it The Bucket.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:24 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Nope we call it KFC.

They're only a big deal because they are a big employer for the area. My OH interviewed for a job with Yum (owner of KFC) a couple of years ago. He was told then that KFC was performing poorly compared to their other restaurant chains. Tbh, I pretty much can't stand KFC, and I think it's made Louisville a laughing stock to have our basketball arena (for the local uni) to be called the KFC Yum! Center. I'd rather call it The Bucket.
I'm actually pretty sure I want KFC for dinner tonight now. I'm sad they stopped doing baked beans though.

Followed by something with Cool Whip for dessert.

NOT Prunes.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:25 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Nope we call it KFC.

Mmm, KFC bargain bucket. Nutek will be in a trance right now, you do realise that ...
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually pretty sure I want KFC for dinner tonight now. I'm sad they stopped doing baked beans though.

Followed by something with Cool Whip for dessert.

NOT Prunes.
Hmmm...you said Cool Whip. I could eat a tub of that stuff right now!
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:30 pm
I have a comma problem

Hmmm...you said Cool Whip. I could eat a tub of that stuff right now!
That's right, I forgot you're in the UK at the mo - I'm hard pressed to think of an equivalent product out there.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:32 pm

That's right, I forgot you're in the UK at the mo - I'm hard pressed to think of an equivalent product out there.
Dream Topping.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:32 pm

Mmm, KFC bargain bucket. Nutek will be in a trance right now, you do realise that ...
Funny but true.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:35 pm
I have a comma problem

Dream Topping.
They should make you a mod for that - great work.

Oohhh, now I just reminded myself of Angel Delight. June 27 can't come soon enough

Funny but true.
I'll admit, I had to wipe away some drool myself ...

Actually, KFC aside, Louisville looked like a nice little city, at least what we were able to see of it from I-65 anyway. Shame we were just passing through on the way to Cave City, it would have been nice to stop there and look around for a while.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

. He was told then that KFC was performing poorly compared to their other restaurant chains.
That doesn't really surprise me, their pricing is completely out of this world (in Canada anyhow) and so not worth it, probably the most expensive fast food place one could choose.

And they don't even have biscuits, but fries here. The one in my town went bust, the franchisee couldn't get people to eat there.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:39 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
That doesn't really surprise me, their pricing is completely out of this world (in Canada anyhow) and so not worth it, probably the most expensive fast food place one could choose.

And they don't even have biscuits, but fries here. The one in my town went bust, the franchisee couldn't get people to eat there.
Surely in Canada, everyone eats at Tim Hortons and A&W anyway? At least that's what we did when I visited my mate up in Alberta ...

I can't even look at an American A&W after that. So much better up there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.