WTF in America

Old Nov 24th 2021, 6:45 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Yes, that is also true.
70 million or so people voted for Trump Part II. They haven't all gone away. It's more than a bit worrying.
I like how close you came to the Gerry Adams "they haven't gone away, you know".

But I know they haven't. Because they're on my ****ing street. That little dickless murderer lived 20 minutes up the road from me. Illinois is blue (not that that's a good thing in itself) in name only when you get out of Chicago.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 7:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I like how close you came to the Gerry Adams "they haven't gone away, you know".

But I know they haven't. Because they're on my ****ing street. That little dickless murderer lived 20 minutes up the road from me. Illinois is blue (not that that's a good thing in itself) in name only when you get out of Chicago.
Rural Illinois is very, um, conservative. Parts of Indiana are historically kkk territory.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 7:12 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Rural Illinois is very, um, conservative. Parts of Indiana are historically kkk territory.
I'm not even rural, it's suburban here, semi-rural at best. Americans are just broken after years of red scare propaganda and the DOD buying out every single sporting event and action movie so they can emotionally blackmail poor 18 year olds into dying for oil.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 7:18 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not even rural, it's suburban here, semi-rural at best. Americans are just broken after years of red scare propaganda and the DOD buying out every single sporting event and action movie so they can emotionally blackmail poor 18 year olds into dying for oil.

The culture is struggling for sure. There are good people here, but they are being swamped.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 7:21 pm
I have a comma problem

The culture is struggling for sure. There are good people here, but they are being swamped.
The good people are all immigrants

No, it do be like that but it's an uphill battle when the most left leaning person you're likely to run into on a daily basis is someone who unironically chose to vote for Biden

I don't even want to put any effort in anymore, I just want to retire before I die, then die.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Illinois had the most gun sales in the entire US in 2021 (I assume for the Chicago "resale market"): https://247wallst.com/consumer-produ...guns-are-sold/

Kentucky was second, with less than half as much as Illinois.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

If I can figure out how to make all the moving parts land at the same time, yes. Of course the UK has plenty that needs fixing
Start with getting the Tories out, and electoral reform. Unfortunately, neither will happen without the other...

The good people are all immigrants
Because many of them have seen the result of American foreign policy since the 1970s....

Old Nov 24th 2021, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Illinois had the most gun sales in the entire US in 2021 (I assume for the Chicago "resale market"): https://247wallst.com/consumer-produ...guns-are-sold/

The place is awash with weapons. When I lived in Pilsen (Chicago, not the Czech Republic) I saw them several times on the street, and heard them at night on a regular basis. And it wasn't usually the cops, either.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 10:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

If I can figure out how to make all the moving parts land at the same time, yes. Of course the UK has plenty that needs fixing
Any idea which constituency you will be standing for?

...There are good people here...
On both sides?
Old Nov 24th 2021, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
On both sides?
I don't know enough about LiW's neighbours to comment on that
Old Nov 24th 2021, 11:56 pm

Any idea which constituency you will be standing for?
I was hoping that Uxbridge and South Ruislip might have a vacancy.

On both sides?

Here, let me have some paper and a magic marker and I can draw out where the good people are for you.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I don't know enough about LiW's neighbours to comment on that
I don't really want to know about my neighbours, either.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:01 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like he offed himself....
Should have done it before he killed her.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:54 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

I would believe that, though the way the gun suckers go on round here you'd think they'd have to give up their firstborn just to hold one

Because many of them have seen the result of American foreign policy since the 1970s....
Word.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 2:01 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Should have done it before he killed her.
Agree but what if it was someone else still out there
Old Nov 25th 2021, 4:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Is there a system for issuing the numbers? Cos I need one.

How about a left right approach. If I am the only left hander I get to thump twice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.