WTF in America

Old Mar 2nd 2021, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by zzrmark
That was my first thought (in the bigger model as previously noted), then I remembered that the record for number of people crammed in a BL Mini was stupidly high and I reckon you've got twice the volume in an Expedition - 28 in a Mini...

It's funny how people's minds work, J' mentions smugglers, implying illegals, my first thought was workers crossing the border. The number of people that pile out of the painters/drywallers/masons transit vans on the building sites is something to behold - and the vans still look crammed full of materials when they've exited.

Either way, a tragic loss of life.

The area of the accident has a lot of human smuggling to it was my first thought, they could also be migrant farm workers as there are also a lot of farms in that area. Middle of the desert between San Diego and Arizona border.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 11:56 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still assuming the car was on its way to a clown convention.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The area of the accident has a lot of human smuggling to it was my first thought, they could also be migrant farm workers as there are also a lot of farms in that area. Middle of the desert between San Diego and Arizona border.
Yeah, sorry, my wording was crap and could be misconstrued as criticism.
As an ex-resident of Cali you probably have a better idea of the activities in the area, whereas my daily observations reinforce another aspect - and I'll leave it there before I dig this hole much deeper!!
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 12:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I'm still assuming the car was on its way to a clown convention.
Nice to see I wasn't the only one having 'bad' thoughts.

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ford Expedition..quite a bit larger than the Explorer. Still 25

My Expedition carried 8 people. Apart from the driver...another 7 sat on the knees of the passengers...15. Could get say another 3 in the back and another 7 on the floor. That’s without taking the seats out.
I see it's an Expedition on second look. I thought the smaller grill was an Explorer. I've had an Explorer and 2 Expeditions.

This report says 27 occupants!
Old Mar 5th 2021, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

They stripped all the back seats out so more like a truck with a roof.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
They stripped all the back seats out so more like a truck with a roof.
Or a sardine can with an engine...
Old Mar 5th 2021, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

From 2019, but maybe one of many reasons private security guards shouldn't have guns even if contracted to federal government offices.

Local sheriffs deputy goes to IRS office while on duty to conduct personal business, security guard and deputy get into it a bit I guess, security guard pulls gun, another office employee calls 9-11 to report a tax payer with a gun in the office.

In the end the security guard was fired, and convicted of a misdemeanor in state criminal court, and deputy filed a civil lawsuit against the security guards employer.

Apparently the federal law pertaining to this: “Federal law prohibits the possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons in Federal facilities and Federal court facilities by all persons not specifically authorized by Title 18, United States Code, Section 930. Violators will be subject to fine and/or imprisonment for periods up to five (5) years.”

https://www.police1.com/officer-safe...DRUBDtXCAq35Q/

Old Mar 6th 2021, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

From 2019, but maybe one of many reasons private security guards shouldn't have guns even if contracted to federal government offices.

Local sheriffs deputy goes to IRS office while on duty to conduct personal business, security guard and deputy get into it a bit I guess, security guard pulls gun, another office employee calls 9-11 to report a tax payer with a gun in the office.

In the end the security guard was fired, and convicted of a misdemeanor in state criminal court, and deputy filed a civil lawsuit against the security guards employer.

Apparently the federal law pertaining to this: “Federal law prohibits the possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons in Federal facilities and Federal court facilities by all persons not specifically authorized by Title 18, United States Code, Section 930. Violators will be subject to fine and/or imprisonment for periods up to five (5) years.”

https://youtu.be/Xi7cjvB32Yw
I wonder how taxpayers feel about paying for officers to go about their personal business while on duty? Interesting case though as the officer was still on duty even though he was skiving off and sod's law says that if the force is going to get a call requiring an armed officer at the building it'll happen when they've got a disarmed officer there.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

https://youtu.be/Xi7cjvB32Yw
But I take it the cop was at fault, since he was armed and entering a restricted building with a firearm? So why was the security guard fired? I guess I should watch the video
Old Mar 6th 2021, 2:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
But I take it the cop was at fault, since he was armed and entering a restricted building with a firearm? So why was the security guard fired? I guess I should watch the video
The security guard was fired because he drew his gun without a good reason. The deputy should should have gone to do his personal business when off duty, but that's a minor thing. In the video the security guard (presumably) tells police that the deputy asked if there was a "drop box" for firearms, so argueably he was trying to be compliant. The fault lies in ambiguity in the law and no drop box to secure weapons. I'm not going to say the security guard doesn't have the right to defend himself in court even though I say he's in the wrong, or that the deputy's civil suit is frivolous, because he may have suffered real trauma.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

"Indianapolis deadly shootings 'started after stimulus cheque row'"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56424266

Old Mar 17th 2021, 10:28 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
"Indianapolis deadly shootings 'started after stimulus cheque row'"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56424266
Eight more dead here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56424616

Old Mar 17th 2021, 1:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

The guy seems to have a violent streak. “Pizza ‘n’ guns.” Maybe antifa tendencies?
Old Mar 17th 2021, 3:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
The guy seems to have a violent streak. “Pizza ‘n’ guns.” Maybe antifa tendencies?

Communist, I expect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.