WTF in America

Old May 28th 2019, 3:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I was thinking the same thing, but I would like to see a breakdown of where $650,000 went, because with only 350 LE officers, I am thinking that not much of the $650,000 ended up in the pay of the LE officers.

The highest pay for city police near me (NC) is reportedly just under $68,000pa, and 40 hours for 2 weeks is 2080 hrs, so $68,000 is equivalent to $33.65. Suppose that they are paid time-and-a-half, and worked an extra 10 hours - that is still only $504, and that assumes that they are all paid at the
highest rate for a cop in NC. All things considered, I suspect that only about a quarter of the supposed cost of $650,000 ended up going to pay overtime for cops on the street.
Your pretty much spot on with what Dayton pay's their police.

$56,638.40/yr at appointment.
$57,491.20/yr @ 6 mos
$59,259.20 @ 18 mos
$60,944.00 @ 30 mos
$62,836.80 @ 42 mos
$64,708.80 @ 54 mos
$66,684.80 @ 66 mos
$68,931.20 @ 78 mos

OT is indeed 1.5 times the hourly rate.

Join Dayton Police Department

Old May 28th 2019, 12:02 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

paid duty officers in Toronto used to get $65 an hour with a minimum of 4 hours work when I organised school events that required police presence
This goes straight to the officers, then the police department bill you separately for tax and admin fee

it is done online now but it used to be that you had to pay the officers in cash at the event. Always felt slightly sleezy handing over envelopes of money to police!
Old May 28th 2019, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Policing in Canada can be more lucrative career compared to the US, by the 4th year in Vancouver a regular constable is making slightly over 100,000/yr base salary.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rats at the police station, filth on L.A. streets — scenes from the collapse of a city that’s lost control

https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...601-story.html

Source you will see is the LA Times which I always thought was supportive of progressive policies.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 4:55 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I did a virtual video tour of LA Skid Row a few nights ago. It stretches about 50 blocks. Somalia must look better Most of the people were black, some yelling and shouting profanities at each other. What's the matter with these people? The Mayor and City Council Democrat, Sanctuary city. Perhaps illegals in large numbers also on Skid row

Last edited by dc koop; Jun 6th 2019 at 5:05 am.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I did a virtual video tour of LA Skid Row a few nights ago. It stretches about 50 blocks. Somalia must look better Most of the people were black, some yelling and shouting profanities at each other. What's the matter with these people? ...
Drugs, and the personal and social consequences of taking them.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Drugs, and the personal and social consequences of taking them.
Certainly part of the issue but does not explain totally why the issue has gone through the roof even though significant sums have been spent.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Wew, some hot takes in here today from the ivory towers
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I did a virtual video tour of LA Skid Row a few nights ago. It stretches about 50 blocks. Somalia must look better Most of the people were black, some yelling and shouting profanities at each other. What's the matter with these people? The Mayor and City Council Democrat, Sanctuary city. Perhaps illegals in large numbers also on Skid row
Trump's twitter feed seems to have leaked into dc koop's account. Weird race-based trolling comments and unconnected guesses about immigrants in grammatically poor sentence fragments.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
No surprise, just ignore. Apparently there's been a big jump in homelessness over the past year and that's going to put a lot of marginalised people out on the street where they're more visible.
https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-...606-story.html
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
No surprise, just ignore. Apparently there's been a big jump in homelessness over the past year and that's going to put a lot of marginalised people out on the street where they're more visible.
https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-...606-story.html
I should have ignored. But it's so easy for people do dismiss homlessness as LoL DRugS, instead of asking why the richest countries in the world have problems with homelessness at all. God forbid anyone suggests a bit of empathy for your own species or anything so radical as egalitarianism. Better just suck at the corporate teat and hope your next paycheck clears and to hell with the plebs, right?
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Trump's twitter feed seems to have leaked into dc koop's account. Weird race-based trolling comments and unconnected guesses about immigrants in grammatically poor sentence fragments.

Spot on.

Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Nothing comparing to the "let them eat cake" statement in the Trump thread, that people potentially with cancer, who couldn't afford care, should just buy suitable insurance.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 2:05 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Nothing comparing to the "let them eat cake" statement in the Trump thread, that people potentially with cancer, who couldn't afford care, should just buy suitable insurance.
Daaaaamn, I skipped through a bunch of posts this morning because I wasn't quoted so I missed that one.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kimilseung
This is California, not sure Trump has ever been there, a Progressive haven.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Jun 6th 2019 at 2:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.