WTF in America

Old Aug 6th 2018, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Rete
Both my husband and I were dumbfounded by what occurred to my neighbor's visitor yesterday. Apparently her young nephew brought his mom to visit our neighbor. He left his revolver on the dashboard of his truck, windows open and doors unlocked, helped his mom into the house and when he returned the gun was gone and he saw some running across to the neighbor on the other side.

They actually came to our door to ask if we saw who took it and what to do. DUH! No, we didn't. We are in the house and dummy ... call the police and report the gun stolen.

So now there is a stolen gun in our neighborhood and it would appear the person responsible might have been one of the young males from the neighboring house. They come into everyone's yard and checks out their cars and property and what isn't nailed down they feel is up for grabs.

The police couldn't or wouldn't do anything as there was no proof of who took it. And yes, the dimwit had it loaded.
Nice neighborhood!
Old Aug 6th 2018, 12:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Neighborhood is lovely. The problem is the previous owners were an older couple who went into assisted living and sold their house, which is a corner lot. It was bought by an investor and since this is a college town, investment homes are usually rented out to students. So buying homes and renting them is a big business. This one was rented out to a grandfather and his 4 grandchildren ranging in ages from 13 to 21. He does all he came to keep them in line but we are hoping their lease runs out soon and they move.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 1:48 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not sure if this warrants its own thread - Chicago

25 shot in multiple-victim shootings over 2.5 hours in Chicago: 'If they shoot you, they don't even run' - Chicago Tribune

25 shot in multiple-victim shootings over 2.5 hours in Chicago: 'If they shoot you, they don't even run'

Seems we are up to 60 for the weekend and counting.
It's like a jungle sometimes. It makes me wonder how I keep from going under.

This was New York in the 70s, LA in the 80s/90s. Chicago now, but it'll be somewhere else next. Until something's actually done about guns, poverty and the diabolical joke that was the 'war on drugs' anyway.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Not sure if this warrants its own thread - Colorado (again)

"Police fatally shoot Colorado man in his own home, moments after he killed an intruder"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...der/870416002/
You mean another thread, maybe the WTF killing thread?

Kind of queers the argument for a good guy with a gun, maybe the NRA should rejig their motto to 'Those who live by the sword....'
Old Aug 10th 2018, 12:35 pm
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could say this surprises me, but it doesn't. Mouth breathers.

Meet the NASCAR fan who sunburned his favorite drivers on his body
Old Aug 10th 2018, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamackabi
I wish I could say this surprises me, but it doesn't. Mouth breathers.

Meet the NASCAR fan who sunburned his favorite drivers on his body
Better than tats?
Old Aug 10th 2018, 1:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Better than tats?
In as much as it means he can use a different design each year you probably have a point there.

I love his use of duct tape too.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 5:27 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

I love his use of duct tape too.
Other uses, too:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/10/soldi...lever-7821705/
Old Aug 10th 2018, 5:36 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Never change, Eastern Europe, never change
Old Aug 11th 2018, 5:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

This could happen anywhere, but since it happened in the US, here we go.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4382531/g...acoma-airport/

An employee (not sure if a pilot) stole a Horizon Airlines turbo prop from Seattle airport, took off, and plane ended up crashed.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 8:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Appears the employee who stole the plane was a ground service agent.
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fast food outlets have them, banks and even pharmacies, why not in trailers?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/3...ntcmp=obinsite

Last edited by zzrmark; Sep 2nd 2018 at 8:04 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2018, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

Not your usual police shooting.

Dallas Police officer in uniform entered a man's apartment thinking it was her apartment, when she found man inside his apartment, she shot him and he later died in hospital.

Police are waiting on an arrest warrant to arrest the officer on charges of manslaughter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/da...ing/index.html
Old Sep 8th 2018, 12:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Not your usual police shooting.

Dallas Police officer in uniform entered a man's apartment thinking it was her apartment, when she found man inside his apartment, she shot him and he later died in hospital.

Police are waiting on an arrest warrant to arrest the officer on charges of manslaughter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/da...ing/index.html
Good god
Old Sep 8th 2018, 12:52 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good god
This will be an interesting story. WTF wrote big.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.