WTF in America

Old Oct 10th 2014, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
You're doing nothing to ease my pain
At least Bob Dole wasn't totally crippled. He still had one arm that he could use.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Don't watch the Golf Channel unless you want to see 50 different adverts for ED medication. Those advertisers know their audience!
Old Oct 11th 2014, 5:12 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
American adverts always get me when I'm not paying attention. One minute I'm half-watching a terrible show about some coroner/fbi/police people and the next some character I don't remember is waffling on about not being able to get it up. Please can we get some nice 'End of Part One' screen cards
trouble is the amount of ad breaks here would mean 'end of part 327' or similar
Old Oct 11th 2014, 4:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's why they invented wide screen TV's...
Old Oct 11th 2014, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Don't watch the Golf Channel unless you want to see 50 different adverts for ED medication. Those advertisers know their audience!
That's how I know I am watching a US channel vs Canadian.

US channels = ED (and others) advertisements.

Canadian channels = No ED advertisements. (They don't advertise prescription drugs in Canada on TV.)
Old Oct 14th 2014, 3:09 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Man tries to "run" to Bermuda. :Blink:

Not content with having run the breadth of the US twice, and its perimeter once, he decided to climb into a giant bubble and run to Bermuda. He was 70 miles off shore when he called for assistance from the Coast Guard.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:29 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Man tries to "run" to Bermuda. :Blink:
Not content with having run the breadth of the US twice, and its perimeter once, he decided to climb into a giant bubble and run to Bermuda. He was 70 miles off shore when he called for assistance from the Coast Guard.
I can't open the link, but if this is the same guy (it has to be!) it was a week or so ago, and the coastguard contacted him and asked him to stop, he refused, then a few days later they had to rescue him? They should have left the silly sod to swim home. I hope the USCG billed him for the rescue!

Honestly, some of this dickwads need to think that their grand adventures could potentially be putting other peoples lives at risk. I know, I know, the Coastguard are all professional servicemen, and in this instance I don't think they were in any danger. But back home you read all the time about the RNLI (volunteers!) having to rescue people who go out on "adventures" totally unprepared, and end up having to be rescued in dire situations by people putting their own lives at risk to do so. I have the utmost respect for the guys that go out to perform those rescues. I can't say the same for some of the folk they have to rescue. Suffice to say, the RNLI is the only charity in my will.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 2:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I can't open the link, but if this is the same guy (it has to be!) it was a week or so ago, and the coastguard contacted him and asked him to stop, he refused, then a few days later they had to rescue him? They should have left the silly sod to swim home. .....
Therein was his problem, he was in the Gulf Stream, and therefore swimming to Britain was probably more likely than swimming back to the US coast!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

I was fortunate 20 years ago to move to small remote coastal town on the California Coast, ( t'up North ). We didn't have any TV reception, no Internet , just the phone. It completely weaned me off TV to the point that I can hardly watch it anymore...... I do like my Netflix account though ........ but no Ads. I was on dial up until 3 years ago too, now we have satellite internet now and are allowed 15 gigs a month, so we have hardly come up in the world........ but I don't miss the telly one bit anymore.

Oh quick joke......

How can you tell somebody who doesn't watch TV ?

A. Don't worry they'll tell you. :-)
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:38 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
I was fortunate 20 years ago to move to small remote coastal town on the California Coast, ( t'up North ). We didn't have any TV reception, no Internet , just the phone. It completely weaned me off TV to the point that I can hardly watch it anymore...... I do like my Netflix account though ........ but no Ads. I was on dial up until 3 years ago too, now we have satellite internet now and are allowed 15 gigs a month, so we have hardly come up in the world........ but I don't miss the telly one bit anymore.

Oh quick joke......

Ah, yes. Just like a vegan at a dinner party
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Ah, yes. Just like a vegan at a dinner party
Q: Vegans get invited to dinner parties?

A: Yes, but only once!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Q: Vegans get invited to dinner parties?

A: Yes, but only once!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 7:13 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat

Oh quick joke......

Hardly anyone seems to watch antwaky style TV (terrestrial or cable) but these days I do count digital delivery like Netflix as TV.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a fruitarian in Notting Hill.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from Von's/Safeway...bought one bottle of wine.
They insisted it had to be bagged.
I said I'm trying to cut down on bags.
They insisted it was State Law.

I came home and checked...no such law. The Bureau of Alcohol even have a statement saying they have no law in this regard.

Called the store, they've always assumed there was a law. It's part of their training.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.