Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Is It Wrong To Want To 'Look' For An American Girlfriend

Is It Wrong To Want To 'Look' For An American Girlfriend

Old Jul 28th 2019, 2:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is It Wrong To Want To 'Look' For An American Girlfriend

Originally Posted by Rete
That was actually my thought. Many here know the old Rushman, a great many don't have that dubious pleasure
They'll learn..
Old Jul 28th 2019, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

The Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It actually made me giggle a bit, some of it.

You certainly came back as the same old Rushman!
"Same OLD Rushman"??
Cheeky mare!
I was young wild and carefree back in the day.

Anyway, its all true because a similar thing happened to me back in 2002. Id been chatting to some bird in Iowa and got an invite for a week. So thought "**** it ... why not" and got on a flight to Chicago (paid for by AirMiles) and then Amtrak'd to some god forsaken one horse town out in southern Illinois where she was going to meet me.

I got there about 10pm .... only person to get off the train which sounded off alarm bells. I stood outside for about 20 minutes waiting when this beat up old Ford Tempo spluttered to a halt and I remember thinking "Do me a favour God and at least make her better looking than her car".
Id seen photos of her and she was a pretty petite blonde. I was assured the photos were recent .... well if they were the greedy bitch had eaten the fridge aswell as its contents before she came to collect me. She mustve been at least 20Ibs heavier than she'd pretended. "Plump or ample" is the polite way of describing her .... but I think "a bit of a pudding" gives a better picture.

Anyway, what was I going to do? Say "No thanks Fatso" and get on the next train back to Chicago? Of course not, I'm a gentleman. So I stayed and rode her rotten for a week.

Last edited by The Rushman; Jul 28th 2019 at 2:33 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

The Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dont tell me that daft sweary filter is still working?
Old Jul 28th 2019, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
That was actually my thought. Many here know the old Rushman, a great many don't have that dubious pleasure
Rete ... you spelled "definite" wrong. 😉
Old Jul 28th 2019, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can see that the Immigration rules distort the marriage market, how often on here have we seen people with partners who have wanted to move to the US and have got married because of that, presumably some have also split up.

Then you have the marriage business where for example in very simplistic terms you see USC men heading to the Philippines and women to North Africa.

I could very well be wrong but seems to be a much more common scenario, is it statistically material, probably not, will it become so, possibly.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It actually made me giggle a bit, some of it.

You certainly came back as the same old Rushman!
Made me laugh for sure!

Nice to read something that violates every rule of PC behavior once in a while.

Last edited by Steerpike; Jul 28th 2019 at 6:12 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2019, 1:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Rushman
Damn spellcheck.
Old Aug 9th 2019, 11:28 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Rushman
I remember when you accused BritVic of having her ankles around her earrings. Made me laugh.

Then you mysteriously got deported@
Old Aug 10th 2019, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mallory

I remember when you accused BritVic of having her ankles around her earrings. Made me laugh.

Then you mysteriously got deported@
I love Britvic .... she left me brokenhearted