Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Would you believe this

Would you believe this

Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:34 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would you believe this

My eldest son in the UK is in the TA and his unit are mobilizing for deployment to Afghanistan. He leaves later this year for six months. He is getting married early next year when his deployment is over.

His mother, my ex wife, has purchased her wedding outfit but arranged with the store that if my son doesn't "come back" she can get a refund. Beggars belief.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you believe this

Originally Posted by lansbury
My eldest son in the UK is in the TA and his unit are mobilizing for deployment to Afghanistan. He leaves later this year for six months. He is getting married early next year when his deployment is over.

His mother, my ex wife, has purchased her wedding outfit but arranged with the store that if my son doesn't "come back" she can get a refund. Beggars belief.
Bet you're glad she's your ex wife.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I fail to see the problem here.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
She's worried that if her son gets killed in action she's wasted her money on the wedding outfit.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
She's worried that if her son gets killed in action she's wasted her money on the wedding outfit.
I wonder if Lansbury's son can make his mother his ex-mother..
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. It is a distinct possibility. That's why some of us would say she's being realistic and sensible.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes. It is a distinct possibility. That's why some of us would say she's being realistic and sensible.
OMG...it's her son...not an acquaintance. Surely his life if worth more to her than some bloody outfit.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

......and not very motherly (but thats my opinion)
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

OMG...it's her son...not an acquaintance. Surely his life if worth more to her than some bloody outfit.
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
......and not very motherly (but thats my opinion)
Hey, I understand that and I personally wouldn't act like this. But if she'd kept her behaviour to herself, nobody would have known would they? The kicker is the fact it's been found out. The lady ought to have been more discreet.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:53 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Pessimistic, dramatic, selfish, idiotic maybe better describe her actions (IMHO of course)
As a fairly new parent I simply couldn't even fathom that thought and quite frankly can't understand how anyone could be so cold.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:58 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what a first class bitch. I wouldn't invite her to the wedding if I was your son, she probably wouldn't get a refund for that.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:08 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I understand that and I personally wouldn't act like this. But if she'd kept her behaviour to herself, nobody would have known would they? The kicker is the fact it's been found out. The lady ought to have been more discreet.
Congratulations, on taking idiocy to dizzying new heights.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:29 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Bet you're glad she's your ex wife.
very much so, ever since 1985
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:32 pm

FFS

1) that she did it

2) that she told our son she had done it
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

I am absolutely speechless, I don't even know how she can call herself a Mother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.