Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Working illegally in New York

Working illegally in New York

Old Jan 9th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working illegally in New York

Originally Posted by SpiderTS
Well Rete thats just a risk I would be willing to take to stay in Europe as well. It's that much better over here than in the US.
It's that much better over here than in the US.[/QUOTE]

Hip hip hip hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooh. The part of the link regarding marriages no longer viable is so wrong it ain't funny. That is what former INS wanted Congress to change the 1986 legislation to -- and Congress did NOT make that change.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Ooh. The part of the link regarding marriages no longer viable is so wrong it ain't funny. That is what former INS wanted Congress to change the 1986 legislation to -- and Congress did NOT make that change.
Thank you for pointing that out. I included the link as a cite for the penalties.

BTW, that user has been banned for multiple solicitations of a MOC.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to all

I am not condoning your "friends" action, but if all the illegal immigrants went home in the USA the country would come to a stand still. (The same would happen here in the UK)
I know of a few people who have lived in the USA for many years and had a great life and never held a visa.

It is certainly not the right way to go about getting to the USA as pointed out in the above posts.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not condoning your "friends" action, but if all the illegal immigrants went home in the USA the country would come to a stand still. (The same would happen here in the UK)
UK
For the majority of my life time illegals were not an issue, guess they were always there, but in numbers so small I had never heard of any

Believe it or not, we got by.

USA
My understanding that this is also a recent phenomina, well the large numbers anyway, but do not have the personal experiance.

I know of a few people who have lived in the USA for many years and had a great life and never held a visa.
I do too.

I know of a few who have been deported, not so nice.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Stuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boiler
UK
For the majority of my life time illegals were not an issue, guess they were always there, but in numbers so small I had never heard of any

Believe it or not, we got by.

USA
My understanding that this is also a recent phenomina, well the large numbers anyway, but do not have the personal experiance.

I do too.

I know of a few who have been deported, not so nice.
UK:
The numbers now in the UK are HUGE, we live in the sticks and there are loads who work in the fields and packing factorys. Without these workers the UK's supermarkets would grind to a halt.

USA:
I see the USA as the same as the UK really, people in poor countries looking for a better life, doing the same jobs as the UK.

I do not know what the US gov's attitude to it is, but the Labour Gov in the UK does not give two shits on immigration.

I only know of one person who was asked to leave the USA for not having a working visa...........ME.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

I seem to remember no problems shopping at Supermarkets when there were no illegals.

The Supermarkets certainly did not grind to a halt.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember no problems shopping at Supermarkets when there were no illegals.
Since when has the UK got any supermarkets?
Old Jan 11th 2008, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Marocco
I can remember when Sainsburys was No 1.

That's a long time ago.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

The Supermarkets certainly did not grind to a halt.
When the Spar was king eh? LOL.

If all the illegals in the veg factorys went home today, i would bet all the supermarkets would pee their pants. 85% of workers in Spalding (Lincolnshire) are from Europe.

The Co op? LOL.

I can remember when Sainsburys was No 1.

That's a long time ago.
Yeah, Jamie Oliver ruined that for them. LOL
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

If all the illegals in the veg factorys went home today, i would bet all the supermarkets would pee their pants. 85% of workers in Spalding (Lincolnshire) are from Europe.
I thought we were in the EU, what makes you think they are illegal?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:17 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuart
UK:
The numbers now in the UK are HUGE, we live in the sticks and there are loads who work in the fields and packing factorys. Without these workers the UK's supermarkets would grind to a halt.

Stuart, do you just broadly class any foreigner working in the UK as an "illegal" or do you have some evidence to back up your claim that these factory and farm workers are working illegally in the UK, rather than just being Europeans working legally?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:23 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

...I only know of one person who was asked to leave the USA for not having a working visa...........ME.
Hold on a sec... doesn't it rather put a kink in your Diversity Lottery GC hopes, if you've been deported from the US in the past for not having a work visa?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... we live in the sticks and there are loads...
You live in the "styx" - from Greek mythology, the boundry between earth and the underworld. Colloquially speaking, away from civilization. No charge.

Ian
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Hold on a sec... doesn't it rather put a kink in your Diversity Lottery GC hopes, if you've been deported from the US in the past for not having a work visa?
They just asked us to leave. We were never charged with anything.
They never knew i was working as i was paided cash for work i did. They just thought we were two tourist who wanted to stay and work for a while.
Sadly we did not qualify for any visa's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.