Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Will U.S demand proof of Covid Vaccination and how would show it.

Will U.S demand proof of Covid Vaccination and how would show it.

Old Sep 15th 2020, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will U.S demand proof of Covid Vaccination and how would show it.

I personally don't think the US will require proof, once people start getting vaccinated we should start to see declines that are noticeable, and the goal doesn't seem to be to eliminate the virus, but to get enough vaccinated so it is no longer a pandemic, I don't think anyone expects this thing to be eradicated in full. Countries like the US and Canada likely wont make it mandatory so there will always be a segment of society who will refuse as they do with every other vaccine.

Old Sep 15th 2020, 6:07 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I personally don't think the US will require proof, once people start getting vaccinated we should start to see declines that are noticeable, and the goal doesn't seem to be to eliminate the virus, but to get enough vaccinated so it is no longer a pandemic, I don't think anyone expects this thing to be eradicated in full. Countries like the US and Canada likely wont make it mandatory so there will always be a segment of society who will refuse as they do with every other vaccine.
The basis of public health
Well done my man.
There are many infectious diseases out there that make people sick if an unvaccinated person comes into contact with them. Thanks to immunization programs this likelihood is much reduced.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:29 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
But some surveys are saying only 40% will take the vaccine even less than that maybe. The government could increase that number by maybe insisting on vaccine for schooling perhaps and state no live sporting events will ever take place, bars and clubs and restaurants will never reopen, vegas stays closed forever that sort of thing until we get to where we need to be. I have even heard people speaking of the possibility of being paid to take it.

But if vaccine is not widely uptaken surely they will not allow un-vaccinated foreign nationals into the country?

Last edited by andyrebell; Sep 16th 2020 at 12:32 am.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
What is to stop someone who does not wish to be vaccinated from forging the vaccine cert with an NHS number on it?. Very easy to do I am sure and they would have no way to check with the NHS itself. I know the life ban, jail, gitmo, cia blacksite etc. Only joking about the last 2. But seriously without direct access to NHS I doubt they could prove a forgery and they will know that going in.

I don't want to move over there I just want to know where I stand after all I will be paying a reasonable sum of money next year for our trip. Hopefully this situation will be a lot better by then but if it did go the route of blood testing I would have to consider that as my father is on blood thinning medication. And IF they deem the only way is to axe the visa waiver program to ensure vaccine compliance then I would like to know that well in advance because I would not get the visa I don't think and would not pay the final bill.
OMFG, as I sat at work this morning faced with yet another day of counting hotel rooms avauilable for quarantining arriving travellers, I was losing the will to live
Then I read this
Its almost better than Black Adder
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:41 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
The basis of public health
Well done my man.
There are many infectious diseases out there that make people sick if an unvaccinated person comes into contact with them. Thanks to immunization programs this likelihood is much reduced.
If the vaccine is only a 3rd taken up you may as well not bother doing it. And who pays the un-vaccinated foreign national's bill when he gets sick?

All cruise lines will apparently insist upon vaccine and proof of it to board their ships. And it is possible airlines may also insist upon it to fly. They probably will to be honest they can't afford that middle seat to be empty. A position which perhaps makes any government insistence a moot point in certain respects.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 1:27 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OMFG, as I sat at work this morning faced with yet another day of counting hotel rooms avauilable for quarantining arriving travellers, I was losing the will to live
Then I read this
Its almost better than Black Adder
it was the "cruising" that had me laughing!
It's quite fascinating to read utter tripe written by someone with no critical thinking skills whatsoever.