Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Will U.S demand proof of Covid Vaccination and how would show it.

Will U.S demand proof of Covid Vaccination and how would show it.

Old Sep 14th 2020, 2:23 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will U.S demand proof of Covid Vaccination and how would show it.

Given that here in UK I have never been asked to show proof of any kind of vaccination. I am sure you can get a vaccination certificate but how will they know if they have been forged or not. And it could be very easy to forge with NHS letterhead from the internet and impossible to check on due to GDPR and Doc/Patient regulations. Not that I would do that I fully intend to get vaccinated.

Will they insist on some kind of blood test for vaccine presence? That might take a lot of time and create too many delays. and I don't know how I would feel about that personally. But I don't see them taking your word for it? Surely they will want some proof.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 2:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will U.S demand proof of Covid Vaccination and how would show it.

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Given that here in UK I have never been asked to show proof of any kind of vaccination. I am sure you can get a vaccination certificate but how will they know if they have been forged or not. And it could be very easy to forge with NHS letterhead from the internet and impossible to check on due to GDPR and Doc/Patient regulations. Not that I would do that I fully intend to get vaccinated.

Will they insist on some kind of blood test for vaccine presence? That might take a lot of time and create too many delays. and I don't know how I would feel about that personally. But I don't see them taking your word for it? Surely they will want some proof.
If a vaccine is required for entry in to the US, then it would presumably follow a similar system that's already in place for many other countries for vaccinations such as Yellow Fever. It wouldn't be something new, and isn't something that hasn't been working just fine for decades.

You'll simply show a vaccine cert if required, which has details on it including the vaccine serial number, no NHS letterhead required.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 4:57 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Check out page 12:
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...orms/i-693.pdf
For the ones that were not current or I did not have a certificate in English for it was easier to get a new one / booster. And yes for one there was a test. I assume that whatever they require will be needed before you get on a plane or boat here.

And FYI you doctor can share information with your permission / i.e. if you ask him/her to fill out a form... they do that for both my sons school every year as they require healthcare information.

I thought GDPR was a EU thing, not sure if you follow the news but the UK voted to leave the EU, either way I doubt that CBP cares about GDPR or any other data protection rules that are not a US federal regulation. Also if you are apply for entry you are supplying the information to a US based system.

Last edited by tht; Sep 14th 2020 at 4:59 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 5:48 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
Check out page 12:
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...orms/i-693.pdf
For the ones that were not current or I did not have a certificate in English for it was easier to get a new one / booster. And yes for one there was a test. I assume that whatever they require will be needed before you get on a plane or boat here.

And FYI you doctor can share information with your permission / i.e. if you ask him/her to fill out a form... they do that for both my sons school every year as they require healthcare information.

I thought GDPR was a EU thing, not sure if you follow the news but the UK voted to leave the EU, either way I doubt that CBP cares about GDPR or any other data protection rules that are not a US federal regulation. Also if you are apply for entry you are supplying the information to a US based system.
GDPR will be with us longer than Covid 19. After brexit it will not go away sadly. There are many news sites in the USA i can no longer read as they chose not to comply with it so you have to access a proxy server based outside europe. GDPR might stop CPB from verifying any information that you provide them. No third party will give them that information. I don't think they would risk the fines if in violation. It is a very silly rule and one of the reasons we chose to leave EU I think.

I read the form. Do you think that will need to be completed before entering the USA?

Perhaps they will go down the road of the yellow vaccination cards which I found on google images though I have never seen one in a doctor's surgery or office before.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 5:52 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

GDPR will be with us longer than Covid 19. After brexit it will not go away sadly. There are many news sites in the USA i can no longer read as they chose not to comply with it so you have to access a proxy server based outside europe. GDPR It might stop CPB from verifying any information that you provide them. No third party will give them that information I don't think they would risk the fines if in violation. It is a very silly rule and one of the reasons we chose to leave EU I think.

I read the form. Do you think that will need to be completed before entering the USA? Perhaps they will go down the road of the yellow vaccination cards which I found on google images though I have never seen one in a doctor's surgery or office before.
That is the form I did when applying for my green card, it is just an example to show they already have processes in place.

If you are applying for permission to travel here they would ask your permission to access whatever data they want and if you wanted to be approved you would give your permission.

Without an approved vaccine it’s all speculation.

Last edited by tht; Sep 14th 2020 at 6:09 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 6:04 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

GDPR will be with us longer than Covid 19. After brexit it will not go away sadly. There are many news sites in the USA i can no longer read as they chose not to comply with it so you have to access a proxy server based outside europe. GDPR might stop CPB from verifying any information that you provide them. No third party will give them that information. I don't think they would risk the fines if in violation. It is a very silly rule and one of the reasons we chose to leave EU I think.
Please add GDPR to the growing list of things that you know nothing about.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 6:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tht
That is the form I did when applying for my green card, it is just an example to show they already have processes in place.

If you are applying for permission to travel here they would also your permission to access whatever data they want and if you wanted to be approved you would give your permission.

Without an approved vaccine it’s all speculation.
There is no way they can access my medical data by computer system no matter what I approve. I don't think it works like that. Medical data is not part of the passport application process. And I don't think there is a computer system they can access. I don't know if we have a single NHS computer system operating in all hospitals and GP practices which is constantly updated with information every time a patient attends. And even if we do, I don't think they could identify the correct record for a person even if the government granted access to it. My doctor doesn't have my national insurance number or passport number. Passport number definitely not. NI number I am not sure.

The yellow card I can see being used a lot more than a letter that could be forged. I don't think they would do blood tests for the vaccine that would be too unpopular because we would insist on the same thing from Americans and too time consuming as well.

Last edited by andyrebell; Sep 14th 2020 at 6:49 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 6:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by celticgrid
Please add GDPR to the growing list of things that you know nothing about.
St Louis local news channel websites are ALL blocked to UK users since GDPR came in. Every website is blocked with a statement something along the lines of we value your custom we are working on this problem to find a solution. They are not they just don't want comply with it. Yet Detroit you can read it all every site. I don't know why that is.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 9:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way they can access my medical data by computer system no matter what I approve. I don't think it works like that. Medical data is not part of the passport application process. And I don't think there is a computer system they can access. I don't know if we have a single NHS computer system operating in all hospitals and GP practices which is constantly updated with information every time a patient attends. And even if we do, I don't think they could identify the correct record for a person even if the government granted access to it. My doctor doesn't have my national insurance number or passport number. Passport number definitely not. NI number I am not sure.
Oh good grief. You have a very strange habit of going off on a 'what if' tangent, and usually of things you know very little about. Of course your doctor doesn't have your passport number, but why is that relevant? It's your NHS number that identifies the correct record for a person.

The yellow card I can see being used a lot more than a letter that could be forged. I don't think they would do blood tests for the vaccine that would be too unpopular because we would insist on the same thing from Americans and too time consuming as well.
Nobody has ever said they'll do a blood test for the vaccine, other than you.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 11:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oh good grief. You have a very strange habit of going off on a 'what if' tangent, and usually of things you know very little about. Of course your doctor doesn't have your passport number, but why is that relevant? It's your NHS number that identifies the correct record for a person.

Nobody has ever said they'll do a blood test for the vaccine, other than you.
And how do they link me and my passport to my NHS number/record when I do not know what is it? I was not even aware of such a thing until you just mentioned it. And my NHS number is not on my passport data how could it be I have never been asked for it? And I don't think my GP has my national insurance number which is not on my passport either. I have been with my GP long before my NI number came at aged 16 and I don't recall ever being asked to provide it. So neither of the 2 identifying numbers that I now know of are on my passport.

I highly doubt they will take your word for it that you have been vaccinated nor allow un-vaccinated people into the country for a while at least. So surely they will want some proof of vaccination?. I doubt they will take a letter which could be forged very easily. I have never seen the yellow card before and surely only a blood test similar to diabetes testing will confirm the presence of vaccine antibodies? But that will create major delays. Then again perhaps it will all be done on trust and faith in human nature. I shall wait to see.

Last edited by andyrebell; Sep 15th 2020 at 11:36 am.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 2:09 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I've told you this before-
THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR CERTIFICATES ONCE VACCINES ARE READILY AVAILABLE..
think about it.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 2:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

And how do they link me and my passport to my NHS number/record when I do not know what is it? I was not even aware of such a thing until you just mentioned it. And my NHS number is not on my passport data how could it be I have never been asked for it? And I don't think my GP has my national insurance number which is not on my passport either. I have been with my GP long before my NI number came at aged 16 and I don't recall ever being asked to provide it. So neither of the 2 identifying numbers that I now know of are on my passport.

I highly doubt they will take your word for it that you have been vaccinated nor allow un-vaccinated people into the country for a while at least. So surely they will want some proof of vaccination?. I doubt they will take a letter which could be forged very easily. I have never seen the yellow card before and surely only a blood test similar to diabetes testing will confirm the presence of vaccine antibodies? But that will create major delays. Then again perhaps it will all be done on trust and faith in human nature. I shall wait to see.
Oh good grief. If they require proof of vaccine, then that would be the vaccine cert. Which will have your NHS number on it.

I think the 'wait and see' idea is a good one. None of us know what will be required. All of this wild speculating isn't helpful to anybody, and you seem to let your imagination run away with you! Out of interest, why so obsessed with the US and it's entry requirements, do you want to move there?
Old Sep 15th 2020, 3:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I've told you this before-
THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR CERTIFICATES ONCE VACCINES ARE READILY AVAILABLE..
think about it.
Why not. How will you prove you have been vaccinated.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 3:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oh good grief. If they require proof of vaccine, then that would be the vaccine cert. Which will have your NHS number on it.

I think the 'wait and see' idea is a good one. None of us know what will be required. All of this wild speculating isn't helpful to anybody, and you seem to let your imagination run away with you! Out of interest, why so obsessed with the US and it's entry requirements, do you want to move there?
What is to stop someone who does not wish to be vaccinated from forging the vaccine cert with an NHS number on it?. Very easy to do I am sure and they would have no way to check with the NHS itself. I know the life ban, jail, gitmo, cia blacksite etc. Only joking about the last 2. But seriously without direct access to NHS I doubt they could prove a forgery and they will know that going in.

I don't want to move over there I just want to know where I stand after all I will be paying a reasonable sum of money next year for our trip. Hopefully this situation will be a lot better by then but if it did go the route of blood testing I would have to consider that as my father is on blood thinning medication. And IF they deem the only way is to axe the visa waiver program to ensure vaccine compliance then I would like to know that well in advance because I would not get the visa I don't think and would not pay the final bill.

Last edited by andyrebell; Sep 15th 2020 at 3:57 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 4:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

What is to stop someone who does not wish to be vaccinated from forging the vaccine cert with an NHS number on it?. Very easy to do I am sure and they would have no way to check with the NHS itself. I know the life ban, jail, gitmo, cia blacksite etc. Only joking about the last 2. But seriously without direct access to NHS I doubt they could prove a forgery and they will know that going in.
Again, this isn't something new. Lots of other countries require vaccination certificates for entry. Yes, they could be forged, same as passports can, but why are you obsessing over a small minority that may try to use a forged doc if it’s even required?

I don't want to move over there I just want to know where I stand after all I will be paying a reasonable sum of money next year for our trip. Hopefully this situation will be a lot better by then but if it did go the route of blood testing I would have to consider that as my father is on blood thinning medication. And IF they deem the only way is to axe the visa waiver program to ensure vaccine compliance then I would like to know that well in advance because I would not get the visa I don't think and would not pay the final bill.
So again, you're hypothesising and overdramatising something that you have thought of, and which nobody else has said is a possibility. Why not just wait and see what happens instead of this strange 'what if' thing you do?!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 15th 2020 at 4:14 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.